Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Is Hill really for Tebow?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Hill really for Tebow?

Hill is a very raw player,who has great speed and can run block. When Tebow is at QB,he needs wrs to block for him ,however,with a player like Hill he can fake a block and burn,Tebow can buy enough time with his legs to allow him to get open. Sanchez needs a player like Braylon who can run the route tree of patterns and get open. I believe Hill will do little to benefit Sanchez this year and become Tebows main weapoin

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    no.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    So much win

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please tell me your joking

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MamAm.gif[/IMG]

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RevisCroWilson;4454102]Please tell me your joking

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

I think it is an interesting thought, The safety is going to have to have one eye on Tebow and one on Hill. If the Jets loved Sanchez,why not give him a wide out more polished for this year?Tebows talent makes Hill a great 2 rd pick while ,as a wide out for Mark he is a project

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4454112][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/MamAm.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I too asked the Lama what he thought and he replied, "gunga galunga".

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RazorJet;4454131]I too asked the Lama what he thought and he replied, "gunga galunga".[/QUOTE]

So I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort"

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=auctionking;4454121]I think it is an interesting thought, The safety is going to have to have one eye on Tebow and one on Hill. If the Jets loved Sanchez,why not give him a wide out more polished for this year?Tebows talent makes Hill a great 2 rd pick while ,as a wide out for Mark he is a project[/QUOTE]

which wideout could they have chosen at that pick who is "more polished"? I am very happy with the pick. It has NOTHING to do with Tebow.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the OP is a little fantastical in the "did we draft hill [B]FOR[/B] Tebow" however Hill's recent experience in GT's spread option may end up working FOR him and Tebow together

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4454203]I think the OP is a little fantastical in the "did we draft hill [B]FOR[/B] Tebow" however Hill's recent experience in GT's spread option may end up working FOR him and Tebow together[/QUOTE]

We drafted hill because he can tuna go route. He's currently the only Jet on the roster who can run that one route. If he does nothing but run go routes all game he'll help Sanchez by opening things up underneath for Kerley and Keller. I a, hoping we stop seeing tenor in as the wildcat more than a play or two by week 4.

God damn I hate tebow.such a crappy over rated player.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Funaz;4454233]We drafted hill because he can tuna go route. He's currently the only Jet on the roster who can run that one route. If he does nothing but run go routes all game he'll help Sanchez by opening things up underneath for Kerley and Keller. I a, hoping we stop seeing tenor in as the wildcat more than a play or two by week 4.

God damn I hate tebow.such a crappy over rated player.[/QUOTE]

Funaz, it's not necessary for you to tell me why we drafted a WR. Ever.

In regards to your Hyperbolic assessment of how he can help our O, you are correct but that has nothing to do with what I said. You didn't actually read and digest my remark.
    Last edited by Paradis; 04-29-2012 at 11:41 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hill is a beast regardless of who throws it..

He will flourish with Mark or anyone else, although I can see where it looks like a better match for Tim...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obviously no... The Jets wanted a #2 WR that was over 6'2, can block, and can stretch the field. That is Hill, he has the potential to be the future #1 for this team. He has elite talent.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ummm, we got Hill because he's freaking 6'5", runs a 4.3 40 (or faster), has a 39.5" vertical and he has really good hands.

He's a bit of a project, but with his size and speed, he's an immediate deep threat for any QB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4454203]I think the OP is a little fantastical in the "did we draft hill [B]FOR[/B] Tebow" however Hill's recent experience in GT's spread option may end up working FOR him and Tebow together[/QUOTE]
    +1

Hill is going to make the play action deadly again. Hope he is as good as Braylon was for us, or even better given his superior measurables. But he'll have to bring it to the field.

Teach Me How to Dougie v2.0

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    NO. I really do think that the Jets just view Tebow as Brad Smith Plus, and think they can manage the Tebow effect/

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We can still bring in Braylon if healthy. He can help Hill improve his skill set. I love this idea, we would be able to really stretch the field.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    bring back Bray

in only one sense is Hill made for Tebow.... he came from a program that only completed 64 passes last season (he had almost half of them)

and

the majority of passes thrown to him were heaves that were wildly inaccurate and for which he had to make spectacular one handed diving catches to reach

other than that, the Tebow resemblances are non-existant

With a real NFL QB, Mark Sanchez throwing the ball his way, Hill is going to blossom into one of the best wideouts in the NFL in 2012