Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Rookie QB'S To Compete At Rookie Mini Camp (not official yet)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

3 Rookie QB'S To Compete At Rookie Mini Camp (not official yet)

University of Tennessee's Matt Simms, UAlbany's Dan Di Lella & University of Tulsa's G.J. Kinne.

thoughts?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    When does rookie camp start? Matt Simms (Phil's son) was a local QB who was highly recruited coming out of HS.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Maury77;4454972]When does rookie camp start? Matt Simms (Phil's son) was a local QB who was highly recruited coming out of HS.[/QUOTE]

Nice job if true giving Phil's son a small shot. Listened to.Phil Wed night and he was hopeful but.pretty certain Matt wouldnt be drafted

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They can all throw better the Tebow-- LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetFuel;4454988]They can all throw better the Tebow-- LOL[/QUOTE]

Kyle Boller and JP Lohsman could throw better than Joe Montana.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    nothing wrong with evaluating players at the most crucial position on an NFL roster.. Sanchez , Tebow, McElroy, O"Donnell going into camp... Not sure there is a ton of flexibility their...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Maury77;4454972]When does rookie camp start? Matt Simms (Phil's son) was a local QB who was highly recruited coming out of HS.[/QUOTE]

thursday to sunday

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    SUNY Albany representin!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't Simms son end up going to some JC in California before ending up at Tenn? If he was so highly recruited, how did that happen?

BTW - not trying to be d-bag. I have no idea. As UTexas grad, I am a dedicated Chris "quitter" Simms hater. Curious as to what happened to son number 2.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    you know I luv ya, diggety but

yes the above post does come across, just a wee bit, like "trying to be a d-bag" at least IMO

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=josereyessteal;4454966]University of Tennessee's Matt Simms, UAlbany's Dan Di Lella & University of Tulsa's G.J. Kinne.

thoughts?[/QUOTE]

I think we have seen the last of McElroy in a Jets uniform.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetFuel;4454988]They can all throw better the Tebow-- LOL[/QUOTE]

no they can't... that is ignorant.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Digetydog;4455075]I am a dedicated Chris "quitter" Simms hater. Curious as to what happened to son number 2.[/QUOTe]

+1 ^^

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=nycdan;4455089]I think we have seen the last of McElroy in a Jets uniform.[/QUOTE]

Because the Jets signed an undrafted rookie to be a 4th arm in camp, and have given a couple of longshots a tryout?

McElroy is very secure as the #3 IMO. Maybe Kinne makes the PS if he wows in preseason. But McElroy isn't going anywhere.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mrcoops;4455121]Because the Jets signed an undrafted rookie to be a 4th arm in camp, and have given a couple of longshots a tryout?

McElroy is very secure as the #3 IMO. Maybe Kinne makes the PS if he wows in preseason. But McElroy isn't going anywhere.[/QUOTE]

McElroy is a goner.
    He assured himself that after he opened his big mouth at the end of last season. Cant keep a guy like that on a team. No one will trust him and he will be isolated.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice to have some extra arms for training camp. Roster size up to 90 now so you can have 5 or 6 of these camp fodder guys around and not wear out the arm of your starter and franchise quarterback, Mark Sanchez

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4455148]McElroy is a goner.
    He assured himself that after he opened his big mouth at the end of last season. Cant keep a guy like that on a team. No one will trust him and he will be isolated.[/QUOTE]

Why hasn't he been released by now then?

BTW--McElroy said he reached out to teammates after the report came out..

[B]Jets' Greg McElroy clarifies radio interview that went 'out of control'[/B]

Published: Friday, April 27, 2012, 11:22 AM Updated: Friday, April 27, 2012, 12:14 PM

During a half-hour offseason interview that left Jets backup quarterback Greg McElroy at the center of a tumultuous locker room, he said that his main message was lost, and that he contacted teammates as soon as he could.

McElroy said that "he reached out to some teammates and tried to clarify and they were all really receptive and understanding." He added that for the majority of the interview, he was "raving" about the organization.

"I think a lot of them understood how things get blown out of proportion," McElroy said today at Englewood's Dwight Morrow High School. He and cornerback Julian Posey were there to reward students for their accomplishments in the Eat Right, Move More contest.

"I mean, I think it just started going out of control and really what I was trying to say was I was trying to reinforce the fact that I had so much faith in the organization. I thought we would have a great year the following year because of everything we'd learned from. I have full faith in (head coach) Rex Ryan and full faith in (general manager) Mike Tannenbaum. I love being part of this team and I love being part of the Jets organization, it's a first-class organization from top to bottom and I'm so, so fortunate to be a part of it."

The remarks that got McElroy in trouble were poignant enough to draw national attention from the Alabama-based radio station that did the interview.
    "It's definitely not a fun place to be, I can assure you," [URL="http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/01/reserve_qb_greg_mcelroy_said_j.html"]McElroy said in an interview with Alabama radio station 97.3 The Zone[/URL]. "It’s the first time I've ever been around extremely selfish individuals, and I think that’s maybe the nature of the NFL. But there were people within our locker room that didn’t care whether we won or lost, as long as they got their ... they really had good games individually. That's the disappointing thing, and it's going to take a lot to kind of come together."

But McElroy said this afternoon that he's enjoyed his time with the Jets so far and is looking forward to his second season.

"It's a fun place to play, it really is and I think it definitely got blown out of proportion to say the least, I think that's even an understatement," he said.

"But yeah, just reaffirming that everything was said in that interview was meant to be positive and to reinforce the fact that I'm really happy where I'm at and that I'm looking forward to playing here and competing here."
    McElroy told an assembly full of high school athletes today that Tim Tebow "has been awesome, he has been awesome. I didn't really know Tim all that well and I was really looking forward to it when I found out we acquired him and just see the other side because I've always been on the opposite sideline.

[URL]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/04/jets_greg_mcelroy_clarifies_ra.html[/URL]
    Last edited by C Mart; 04-30-2012 at 05:30 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kennyo7;4455148]McElroy is a goner.
    He assured himself that after he opened his big mouth at the end of last season. Cant keep a guy like that on a team. No one will trust him and he will be isolated.[/QUOTE]

If the Jets were going to cut him over that incident, they would have done it long before now. It was totally overblown, and the Jets know it even if the fans don't. Kid made a mistake. His team-mates will rib him for it, but he's not getting cut over it, nor should he. He's a good QB and he's the #3 unless someone beats him out on the field.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4455160]Why hasn't he been released by now then?

BTW--McElroy said he reached out to teammates after the report came out..[/QUOTE]

Because he is sticking and will be part of the tryouts, and it looks like a full house for the 3rd and 4th QB spot. Of course, if they were not going to keep him, he would be been offered for tha 7th rounder.
    Too many GMs on this board....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4455169]Because he is sticking and will be part of the tryouts, and it looks like a full house for the 3rd and 4th QB spot. Of course, if they were not going to keep him, he would be been offered for tha 7th rounder.
    [B]Too many GMs on this board...[/B].[/QUOTE]

Bad ones at that...