Thread: Starting to Like the Negativity

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Starting to Like the Negativity

Jet Fan Forever..

Seems like we are not seeing many positive endorsements on Tebow trade and the Draft. I can understand criticism on Tebow trade, but we all know it takes time to truely evaluate a draft..

Frankly not too worried about negative press form NFL & Draft experts.. Never concerned regarding negative Media attention.... LOL.

Not that I think a team needs motivation to play.. but don't mind Jets developing a chip on their shoulder in 2012.. After all this bravado and talk of super bowl etc in previous years.. Jets were humbled last year.. They have plenty of work to do this offseason and hope they can get back to a play-off caliber team...

I happen to Like their draft.. My feeling is that it will turn out to be one of Tanny's better drafts..

I think they Jets can still tweak roster with some Veteran Free Agency...

I am looking forward to a much more physical style of play on both sides of ball..

I am very interested to see how they take advantage of their players strengths on offense.. Looking for an offense focused on scoring TD's with the ability to score quickly and control clock where necessary..

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    The defense is stacked, easily the most talent we've had on that side of the ball in years. I'd be shocked if it isn't a top-5 unit in 2012, but I'm thinking there's a good chance it'll be #1.

Offense depends on Sparano's scheme, how much Sanchez has progressed and the protection the offensive line can provide.

Here comes the negative: The skill positions are still weak IMO. It would be tough to find a team that has a worse #1 receiver and #1 RB than we do in Santonio Holmes and Shonn Greene. RT wasn't addressed, which is scary.

I'm not sure what to make of the team as a whole right now, I could see us going anywhere from 6-10 to 12-4.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4455040]The defense is stacked, easily the most talent we've had on that side of the ball in years. I'd be shocked if it isn't a top-5 unit in 2012, but I'm thinking there's a good chance it'll be #1.

[B]Offense depends on Sparano's scheme, how much Sanchez has progressed and the protection the offensive line can provide. [/B]

Here comes the negative: The skill positions are still weak IMO. It would be tough to find a team that has a worse #1 receiver and #1 RB than we do in Santonio Holmes and Shonn Greene. RT wasn't addressed, which is scary.

I'm not sure what to make of the team as a whole right now, I could see us going anywhere from 6-10 to 12-4.[/QUOTE]

Nailed it. I'm leaning towards a positive outcome but only time will tell.

I think worst case we are 8 - 8. Best case we are 13 - 3. And that's as of April 30th.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4455040]
    Here comes the negative: The skill positions are still weak IMO. It would be tough to find a team that has a worse #1 receiver and #1 RB than we do in Santonio Holmes and Shonn Greene. [/QUOTE]

First team that came to mind was the Colts, who just had about as bad a season as you can have...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4455040]The defense is stacked, easily the most talent we've had on that side of the ball in years. I'd be shocked if it isn't a top-5 unit in 2012, but I'm thinking there's a good chance it'll be #1.

Offense depends on Sparano's scheme, how much Sanchez has progressed and the protection the offensive line can provide.

I'm not sure what to make of the team as a whole right now, I could see us going anywhere from 6-10 to 12-4.[/QUOTE]

I think that rather then panic over the RT position, I think we ought to allow our kids to show us what they have to offer. The FO seems to love Austin Howard, Vlad, Dennis Landolt and Schlauderaff. Plus they seem to think that under Sparano HUNTER will step up and be much better! Hence I will not get upset with the team and say it was scary that they did not address the issue. I trust that they know more about the RT 's available to them then we do at this time.

That said if the OL comes to play, who says that Greene can not have a big year? If that same OL steps up and protects the QB and that QB learns how to read defenses better and gets rid of the ball quicker, perhaps your worrying will be for naught. If Sanchez does well, so will Holmes! I also think that Ganaway will be a big plus for this offense and that the whole receiving corps will be much betteras a whole.

If we truly do become a GROUND & POUND team I would not worry about the skill positions at all. Just ram the ball down the defenses throats and tire 'em out! Then unload the bomb to Hill or Holmes! TD Jets!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 04-30-2012 at 04:06 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

There are plenty of teams that have worse #1 WRs than Santonio Holmes.

That said, none of them are any good.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Sanchez is going to have his best year yet. I really think the moves the Jets have made are going to help him not hurt him. Sure there will be the dunder heads hollering Tebow after the 1st int of the year but I think the presence of Tebow is going to take the spot light and thus pressure off Sanchez. I also think that a backup Qb who is a young guy as well is going to be good for Sanchez rather than an out of touch methusalah.

Unless the Jets are really stupid they must have a very quick plan B and C for Hunter this year if he gets into trouble early.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wasn't there big talk on how Sparano likes to max protect?

Hunter, for some reason, was left one on one a lot last year. That should theoretically change right?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetfan51;4455029]Jet Fan Forever..

Seems like we are not seeing many positive endorsements on Tebow trade and the Draft. I can understand criticism on Tebow trade, but we all know it takes time to truely evaluate a draft..

Frankly not too worried about negative press form NFL & Draft experts.. Never concerned regarding negative Media attention.... LOL.

Not that I think a team needs motivation to play.. but don't mind Jets developing a chip on their shoulder in 2012.. After all this bravado and talk of super bowl etc in previous years.. Jets were humbled last year.. They have plenty of work to do this offseason and hope they can get back to a play-off caliber team...

I happen to Like their draft.. My feeling is that it will turn out to be one of Tanny's better drafts..

I think they Jets can still tweak roster with some Veteran Free Agency...

I am looking forward to a much more physical style of play on both sides of ball..

I am very interested to see how they take advantage of their players strengths on offense.. Looking for an offense focused on scoring TD's with the ability to score quickly and control clock where necessary..[/QUOTE]

yes, indeedy.

this is exactly how I feel heading into this season. I hope every talking head out there keeps telling the Jets how much they suck.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Especially with Rex getting back more involved with the defense. Is he taking over play calling again, or is that still in Pettines hands? Either way, if he's getting more involved plus the addition of Karl Dunbar on the dline should really help this defense. If they stay healthy, I have no doubt they'll be top 5.

Offense is such a wild card. But really think Tebow will frustrate teams and put us in great positions to keep drives going. Hopefully these new WR's really step up and can be productive from day 1.