Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jordan White will make the team & be a Very Good Player for us for years to come...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Jordan White will make the team & be a Very Good Player for us for years to come...

really like Jordan White out of Western Michigan in the 7th round. Im a huge sports gambler (ncaa hoops, mlb, and pro/college football) and over the last 2 seasons I have turned my attention to MAC football games (Ive made a killing in the MAC over the last two seasons). Jordan White is an impressive wide receiver with alot of intangibles and great hands and alot of heat. There's no prima donna in this guy whatsoever, very buisness like, smart and an extremely hard worker. Sure White had a very impressive quarterback in Alex Carder throwing him the ball and yes he plays in a MAC conference that plays absolutely zero defense, and he's not the fastest guy on the field and lacks size. We had another guy like that a few years back that fit the same description that wore #80. But having said that I really believe this guy can make an impact for us immediately and be an important part of our offense for years to come. Real excited about this guys possibilities for us!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sash1;4455150]really like Jordan White out of Western Michigan in the 7th round. Im a huge sports gambler (ncaa hoops, mlb, and pro/college football) and over the last 2 seasons I have turned my attention to MAC football games (Ive made a killing in the MAC over the last two seasons). Jordan White is an impressive wide receiver with alot of intangibles and great hands and alot of heat. There's no prima donna in this guy whatsoever, very buisness like, smart and an extremely hard worker. Sure White had a very impressive quarterback in Alex Carder throwing him the ball and yes he plays in a MAC conference that plays absolutely zero defense, and he's not the fastest guy on the field and lacks size. We had another guy like that a few years back that fit the same description that wore #80. But having said that I really believe this guy can make an impact for us immediately and be an important part of our offense for years to come. Real excited about this guys possibilities for us![/QUOTE]
    Great write up. Should we be worried about the knees?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If he is the kid that caught 120+ balls last year, I was afraid we'd get him. Doesn't look very impressive, watching him play and then you look at the stat sheet and your like ...wow. He'll be a big hit or big miss, no in between.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RazorJet;4455209]If he is the kid that caught 120+ balls last year, I was afraid we'd get him. Doesn't look very impressive, watching him play and then you look at the stat sheet and your like ...wow.[B] He'll be a big hit or big miss, no in between.[/B][/QUOTE]

Why exactly is that? Doesnt really seem like a boom or bust type of pick.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mac football is the easiest to make money off of.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RazorJet;4455209]If he is the kid that [B]caught 120+ balls last year[/B], I was afraid we'd get him. Doesn't look very impressive, watching him play and then you look at the stat sheet and your like ...wow. He'll be a big hit or big miss, no in between.[/QUOTE]
    140 for over 1900 yds..:eek:

[IMG]http://prointerviews.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/130_new-jordanwhitewmu-collage.png?w=614&h=422[/IMG]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    J Dub in the house.

Hill
    Holmes
    Kerley
    Shilens
    [B]White aka J Dub[/B]
    [B]Burd - udfa - UVA,[/B] Matoaca Va. Hometown

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mavericknyc1980;4455192]Great write up. Should we be worried about the knees?[/QUOTE]

The knees will always come into question and be a concern for the Jordan White detractors . He tore his ACL 4 days into practice his freshman season of 2006, then the other ACL in '08. There have been no knee issues or other injurys since '08 and his numbers and overall performance have been through the roof, especially in 2010 and 2011, 94 catches for 1378 in '10 then last year with 140 catches for 1911! He's worked his butt off to get back where he is today, and if you saw him play over past two seasons and knew nothing about the kid you would never have known there were knee issues to begin with, thats how good he's looked. By my standards this is a testament to his character and hard work and his determination, love this in my wide receiver. The kid LOVES football! I read an article a while back where he said he hates the word "swagger". How many athletes are you going to find that in today, especially at his position?? The guy is a throwback player to generations past, tough, hard working, determined, and loves the game

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sash1;4455240] I read an article a while back where he said he hates the word "swagger". How many athletes are you going to find that in today, especially at his position?? The guy is a throwback player to generations past, tough, hard working, determined, and loves the game[/QUOTE]

IMO this is who Mark needs to be surrounded by -- guys who love the game and will do what it takes to succeed.

I don't believe the rumors that Mark "coasted" last year, but if he did I'd be led to believe that was the overall atmosphere of the locker room. Get guys in there who give 110% and it will become contagious (hopefully:O)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RazorJet;4455209]If he is the kid that caught 120+ balls last year, I was afraid we'd get him. Doesn't look very impressive, watching him play and then you look at the stat sheet and your like ...wow. He'll be a big hit or big miss, no in between.[/QUOTE]

LOL yea 7th round bust....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RazorJet;4455209]If he is the kid that caught 120+ balls last year, I was afraid we'd get him. Doesn't look very impressive, watching him play and then you look at the stat sheet and your like ...wow. He'll be a big hit or big miss, no in between.[/QUOTE]

you know he was drafted in the 7th round right?

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Jordan White is the real deal. The guy is sick. Catches EVERYTHING that comes his way. Is fearless over the middle.

He had knee problems 3 years ago...big deal....didn't seem to effect his ability to catch 140 freakin passes this year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like the pick like the player.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will develop him, cut him and he will go play with Woodcock for the remainder of his career in NE :yes:

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was listening to espn ny before when rex was on and he even said they had about 5 teams call to say they were upset the jets stole him at the end of the draft. So if theres any truth to that seems like alot of teams liked but maybe were scared bc of past injuries. But by all means why not take the gamble

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ratliff5;4455420]Was listening to espn ny before when rex was on and he even said they had about 5 teams call to say they were upset the jets stole him at the end of the draft. So if theres any truth to that seems like alot of teams liked but maybe were scared bc of past injuries. But by all means why not take the gamble[/QUOTE]

Glad we got him. Question what was his shuttle time.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Probably not worth the venom that it's going to create, but here it goes:

Didn't Scotty McKnight set a bunch of records, too? What makes this guy different? (Yes, too lazy to actually compare the two, and assume many of you know the answer right off the top of your head . . .)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Something about this kid reminds of coles

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Love this pick :yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good late pick. This kid is tough as nails. 140 receptions for over 1900, is no joke. Those are amazing #'s and the stats don't lie - he's got to have legit talent to be posting those