Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CB - Ryan Steed

He is currently playing cb. You are correct in re to Langster. He's just trying to be hopefully be one of six corners they usually keep by contributing to sp teams. He's prepping for fs and just want to get his foot in the door. With his ballhawking skills he could easily get 7-8 picks but right now focus is trying to be one of the 53...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by carlwmd View Post
    Another solid week for Steed. Playbook down pat so things slowing down as he speeds up. More pbu's for Mr. Molasses (LOL) as he strides and glides with those 4.2-4.4 guys. I never much thought about those Wonderlic test scores but I guess his 33 at school and 26 at the Combine must mean something for him. His sensorimotor integration skills must be off the charts and his visual processing speed must allow for quicker response times. Those things may need to be more carefully evaluated for validation in the evaluation process. Taylor Mayes ran a 4.28 forty but lacked reaction time so all that speed was worthless. Any thoughts on the evaluation process that solely depends on the forty with all else just window dressing? Anyhow,will continue to root for Steed until the overweight(due to genetics or overeating) lady sings.......Go J-E-T-S !!!!!
    It wasn't so long ago that we had one of those super-fast dbs who couldn't cover at all (Justin Miller). Speed is an important component but not enough to make someone a player.

I rember him(Miller) well. Being from SC I followed his career at Clemson and was surprised at his draft stock. I have watched Stephon Gilmore for 3years (season tix for USC Gamecocks) and is shocked at how his stock rose (but I am happy for the young man for he is a great guy) but watching Steed for four years I see no difference between them.Thought both were third rounders but that forty time can make or break a prospect...I just hope the staff can suspend that notion and think like Slikmojet and allow him to show his ability at Cortland.....

Haven't heard anything about him. I was hopeful he was gonna make the team or at least the ps. I guess the injury bug got to him.

I think they have been quiet on him because they like him and want to hide him in the PS.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Slikmojet View Post
    I think they have been quiet on him because they like him and want to hide him in the PS.
    Yeah, no.

Jets waived CB Ryan Steed.

One draft analyst suggested in February that Steed could be a sleeper first-round pick. He went undrafted after running a slow forty-yard dash and getting back poor medical reports. Steed failed to stand out in practices, as well.
    Aug 29 - 4:01 PM

Hall Of Fame
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    #Jets waive rookie CB Ryan Steed, who has been injured.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    #Jets waive rookie CB Ryan Steed, who has been injured.
    Liked him alot when he was signed as an UDFA. Too bad he's been injured most of TC...Maybe once he heals we'll see him on the PS later in the year..

Dan Leberfeld ‏@jetswhispers
    The Jets obviously gave released CB Ryan Steed an injury settlement. He hasn't practiced in weeks (including today) due to an injury.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Liked him alot when he was signed as an UDFA. Too bad he's been injured most of TC...Maybe once he heals we'll see him on the PS later in the year..
    Him and Sapp both had potential, but injuries put and end to that.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Yeah, no.
    We'll it's certainly still possible. Players have to be clear waivers before they can be added to the PS.

Unlikely in this case though.