Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: PFT: Closer look at the Jets draft

  1. #1
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    272

    PFT: Closer look at the Jets draft


  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,599
    Thank you for the post and the link!!!!!

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    23,028
    thanks for the link


    as expected the Ambulance Chaser tried to lead Mehta into every negative alleyway he could but couldn't seem to get agreement on much of anything.

    Good comparison, BTW by Mehta of Hill to Thomas of the Broncos (after the Ambulance Chaser tried to get him to say that Hill was another Gholston in that both played in Paul Johnson's running only offense at GT and both had similar college numbers

    and in my opinion both were first round quality coming into their respective drafts... Thomas got drafted in the 22 spot in 2010 and the Jets absolutely stole Hill in the mid second round of the 2011 draft

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,495
    for the first time in years, the jets drafted a few guys who have the ability to change games. the way to refute this is to immediately compare them to a recent draft failure. you think belichick is glad the jets got coples and hill?

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    17,776
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    thanks for the link


    as expected the Ambulance Chaser tried to lead Mehta into every negative alleyway he could but couldn't seem to get agreement on much of anything.

    Good comparison, BTW by Mehta of Hill to Thomas of the Broncos (after the Ambulance Chaser tried to get him to say that Hill was another Gholston in that both played in Paul Johnson's running only offense at GT and both had similar college numbers

    and in my opinion both were first round quality coming into their respective drafts... Thomas got drafted in the 22 spot in 2010 and the Jets absolutely stole Hill in the mid second round of the 2011 draft
    Of course, the same pundits that try to compare Thomas to Hill, and use the analogy that it will take a couple of years, forget that Thomas missed an entire year due to injury, which was the main reason for his delay start in the NFL.

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,148
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    you think belichick is glad the jets got coples and hill?
    Do you seriously think BB gives a rats ass about anything the Jets do?

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,495
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Do you seriously think BB gives a rats ass about anything the Jets do?
    i think he does. that's why he got rid of moss and got TEs b/c the jets didn't have the personnel to cover them. he definitenly schemes to beat divisional opponents. get a clue.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,966
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Do you seriously think BB gives a rats ass about anything the Jets do?
    Quite possibly the dumbest thing you've ever posted, which is saying a lot...

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,495
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    Quite possibly the dumbest thing you've ever posted, which is saying a lot...
    he was f---ing taping them. yet he doesn't care?

  10. #10
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,148
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i think he does. that's why he got rid of moss and got TEs b/c the jets didn't have the personnel to cover them. he definitenly schemes to beat divisional opponents. get a clue.
    So the Pats get rid of Moss and go with Gronk and Hernandez because the Jets can't cover them? Seriously????

    The Pats play the Jets twice a season, in which the Pats have completely dominated them during BB's tenure.

    If you think for one reason the Pats went with 2 TE's is becuase of the Jets, then you are delusional.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,495
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    So the Pats get rid of Moss and go with Gronk and Hernandez because the Jets can't cover them? Seriously????

    The Pats play the Jets twice a season, in which the Pats have completely dominated them during BB's tenure.

    If you think for one reason the Pats went with 2 TE's is becuase of the Jets, then you are delusional.
    jets beat them in the playoffs. didn't beat them last year. jets have great cbs but no safeties. BB is smart. can't say the same for you.

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    17,776
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    he was f---ing taping them. yet he doesn't care?
    ROFLMAO



    TrollFanTx tires too hard, and winds up eating his own shoe half the time on this board.

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,612
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Do you seriously think BB gives a rats ass about anything the Jets do?
    I think BB is a lot like you, always up on the Jets sh!t.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    So the Pats get rid of Moss and go with Gronk and Hernandez because the Jets can't cover them? Seriously????

    The Pats play the Jets twice a season, in which the Pats have completely dominated them during BB's tenure.

    If you think for one reason the Pats went with 2 TE's is becuase of the Jets, then you are delusional.
    Yes I do.......... BB knew the Jets had slow LB's and Safeties and the Jets like like send the house on a blitz leaving the middle of the field open........Plus the way you beat a 3-4 defense is with TE's because the LB's are usually bigger and slower then in a 4-3...anyone who can't see that is just being pompous and arrogant....

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,683
    Florio: "A lot of people think I hate the Jets. I don't hate the Jets. I like the Jets. The Jets are good for business."

    The real reason Florio "likes" the Jets.

  16. #16
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Nassau Bay, TX
    Posts
    52,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Florio: "A lot of people think I hate the Jets. I don't hate the Jets. I like the Jets. The Jets are good for business."

    The real reason Florio "likes" the Jets.
    At least he is honest.

  17. #17
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    335
    Belichick cares immensely about what the Jets do. He cares about what the Bills and the Dolphins do, too. But he cares more about the Jets. Watch his "Football Life" and tell me otherwise. Watch Brady talk about the playoff loss and tell me otherwise.

  18. #18
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,906
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Do you seriously think BB gives a rats ass about anything the Jets do?
    Yes he does. Belicheats looks at everything his divisional rivals do, from personnel to game plan execution. He then adjusts his team's personnel and game plans accordingly.

  19. #19
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Florio: "A lot of people think I hate the Jets. I don't hate the Jets. I like the Jets. The Jets are good for business."

    The real reason Florio "likes" the Jets.
    Remember this commercial??

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMC-r...820387B36EABA5

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,553
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Do you seriously think BB gives a rats ass about anything the Jets do?
    The paranoid nut case who's past has proven he is more than just a little concerned about everything and anything the Jets do?

    Yes, I do.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us