Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: John Harbaugh: Saints, Patriots' titles should have asterisks

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

John Harbaugh: Saints, Patriots' titles should have asterisks

Ravens coach John Harbaugh in an interview with Baltimore's 98 Rock radio said he believes the accomplishments of the Patriots and Saints in winning Super Bowls were tainted because they broke rules.

"In the end, everything is brought before the light of day, when it's all said and done," Harbaugh said according to Robert Klemko of USA Today. "What happens, even the thing in New England, no matter whether those things had any impact on whether they won their championships or not, they got asterisks now. It's been stained."

"To me, it's never worth it," Harbaugh said. "You have to figure out ways to use the rules to your advantage, you have to figure out ways to make the most of everything. We have new work rules here as far as what we can do and what we can't do with our players, and we're going to make the most of it. What we're finding is, 'Man, maybe we can do some things even better than we did before, because these rules make us focus more on some things that we didn't focus on before. You just have to make them work for you. That's what success is in the world. You have to find a way to do things better than somebody else. But if you're cheating, in the end, you're going to get discredited. It's not worth it."

I'll take the over on 10 pages.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=AFCEastFan;4455992]I'll take the over on 10 pages.[/QUOTE]

Well over.

Your countrymen will do their part.

;)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=petejet;4455984]Ravens coach John Harbaugh in an interview with Baltimore's 98 Rock radio said he believes the accomplishments of the Patriots and Saints in winning Super Bowls were tainted because they broke rules.

[B][SIZE="2"]"In the end, everything is brought before the light of day, when it's all said and done," Harbaugh said according to Robert Klemko of USA Today. "What happens, even the thing in New England, no matter whether those things had any impact on whether they won their championships or not, they got asterisks now. It's been stained."[/SIZE][/B]
    "To me, it's never worth it," Harbaugh said. "You have to figure out ways to use the rules to your advantage, you have to figure out ways to make the most of everything. We have new work rules here as far as what we can do and what we can't do with our players, and we're going to make the most of it. What we're finding is, 'Man, maybe we can do some things even better than we did before, because these rules make us focus more on some things that we didn't focus on before. You just have to make them work for you. That's what success is in the world. You have to find a way to do things better than somebody else. But if you're cheating, in the end, you're going to get discredited. It's not worth it."[/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="2"]WOW!!!!!!:eek:[/SIZE][/B]

It is one thing for fans such as myself to feel this way. It is another thing entirely when a current NFL HC says this!!!!!!

It also puts to bed the continuing refrain and the lie "that everybody was doing it"!!!! No they weren't and aren't....

Nevertheless I might fine coach John Harbaugh if I were NFL commissioner for making these statements he maybe right but you just can't do it!!!!!

[QUOTE=AFCEastFan;4455992]I'll take the over on 10 pages.[/QUOTE]

I just googled this. I must have missed this whole spygate thing? Anyone care to explain? :confused:

I always liked Harbaugh...him making these comments is gonna get the whole league talking about it again. Karma's a *****!

Banned
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4455994]

It is one thing for fans such as myself to feel this way. It is another thing entirely when a current NFL HC says this!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

This is coming from a HC who has had one of the most talented teams in the NFL and he can't figure out how to get to the Super Bowl.

Sour grapes and jealousy from an underachieving HC of a loaded team.

All Pro
    How long before this turns into a Patsie*** circle jerk

Hall Of Fame
    Lets not forget there might be some bad blood from the AFCCG. Justifiably so.

If I am not mistaken, there were some rumblings that the Pats did some tomfoolery with the scoreboard or playclock on that final Raven drive.

Either way, anything that brings attention to Spygate is always a plus.

lol @ you guys. John is just mad that New England owned him, and then his OWN KICKER screwed them over. He is salty as hell, and you guys are just pathetic to jump behind this man's retarded comments just because you're so caught up with trying to be better than the Patriots.

**** that. We're the Jets, and that's pretty awesome. Quit comparing us eternally to the Pats.

Banned
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4456010]

If I am not mistaken, there were some rumblings that the Pats did some tomfoolery with the scoreboard or playclock on that final Raven drive.

[/QUOTE]

And that's my point about Harbaugh.

He had a TO to burn when all that confusions was going on at the end of the game and he elected not to use it.

Harbaugh's stupidity cost the Ravens that game.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4456018]And that's my point about Harbaugh.

He had a TO to burn when all that confusions was going on at the end of the game and he elected not to use it.

Harbaugh's stupidity cost the Ravens that game.[/QUOTE]

Are you acknowledging the Pats may have done something with the scoreboard (I think it was the down that was changed) in an effort to force the Ravens to use a timeout?

I think the refs are also to blame for this. But they weren't going to help the Ravens.

[QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4455994][B][SIZE="2"]WOW!!!!!!:eek:[/SIZE][/B]

It also puts to bed the continuing refrain and the lie "that everybody was doing it"!!!! No they weren't and aren't....

Nevertheless I might fine coach John Harbaugh if I were NFL commissioner for making these statements he maybe right but you just can't do it!!!!![/QUOTE]

dont worry...pats fans will dispute this even occurred until the day they die.

Week 3:

Pats 55
    Ravens 14

Write it in ink Hoss. :yes:

Banned
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4456024]Are you acknowledging the Pats may have done something with the scoreboard (I think it was the down that was changed) in an effort to force the Ravens to use a timeout?[/QUOTE]

The scoreboard showed it was 3rd down, and not 4th down which it actually was.

If a NFL HC needs a scoreboard to tell him what down it was in that situation, then he shouldn't be a NFL HC.

[QUOTE=Carlton;4455995]I just googled this. I must have missed this whole spygate thing? Anyone care to explain? :confused:[/QUOTE]

If I recall this correctly (it was a long time ago) Pats took a picture from the wrong angle. :confused:

Everyone did it and it didn't give them any advantage. At least that's what Rah Rah and sg3 posted at the time.

If I'm remembering correctly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Could not agree more. I did not like the Saints getting to the SB and did not like the smell of them winning. I think their trophy should be revoked. If you can do it for a Heisman...

Well, everybody's got an opinion, and mine hasn't changed. The Pats did what they did, and there was a significant penalty. If Harbaugh doesn't think so, I'll gladly take Suggs off his hands. The asterisk must be planted in his brain because I haven't seen it in the almanac. To me, Spygate is old news. I am fully aware that many on this board, and now John Harbaugh, totally disagree with me, and that's fine.

I just want to beat the Pats. This year, next year, the year after. And I want a Lombardi or two or three. I don't care to try to make myself feel better by throwing mud at someone else's Lombardi, even those of the hated Patriots.

His story vs. Pats story and then the truth - We didnt make the playoffs so who gives a %$^&!?!

Banned
    [QUOTE=Vinny Testaverde's Niece;4456039]

I think their trophy should be revoked.

[/QUOTE]

Do you think the Vegas bookies would reverse their payouts if that happened?