Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rutgers new Nike unis

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What do you think?

They are different. I like the white and black ones. The red I'm not so sure. The red looks more like the real shade in the videos, but not the pictures.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, those are BAD. Shiny silver helmets, seriously? OK, Oregon. :roll eyes:

FWIW, Rutgers had a fantastic 3rd uni last year -- all black with a matte black helmet and bold red R. They also used a white helmet with a red white & blue R for one game. I was hoping they'd bring that back.

This... this is just crap. So trendy and obnoxious.

I would love to know how much the program paid for them, seeing how the team is subsidized by state taxpayers.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

You may think it sort of sucks now. But just wait. It's the sort of thing that you'll look back on in 10 or 15 years and truly cringe when you see them.

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

You may think it sort of sucks now. But just wait. It's the sort of thing that you'll look back on in 10 or 15 years and truly cringe when you see them.
    I just dont like the helmets the rest is cool I'm a fan of the matt finish

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    very sharp!! Much better than their last 1s. Their last ones looked like SMU uniforms when eric dickerson played their but with different colors and a different logo. Totally 80s. Good job Rutgers

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post

+1. Just because Nike says its cool doesn't mean it's cool.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fugly.

The black and white are okay, but the article seems to indicate that the Red are their primary home uniforms, and those are HIDEOUS.

The chrome helmets are gross too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least the sleeves dont go halfway down their arms...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...hideous...cancelling my check post haste...

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Loved the 2006 version. The helmet should've been left alone. I could've bailed on the Jets over a certain uni era but that's not so important to me.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Loved the 2006 version. The helmet should've been left alone. I could've bailed on the Jets over a certain uni era but that's not so important to me.
    I don't understand a lot of people's obsession over the helmet remaining red. A lot of people (and I don't mean you Jumba) argue that we are the scarlet knights so we must be scarlet red. But, there was no such thing as scarlet armor back in the day. The shield or seal may have been scarlet for a knight. It actually makes sense to incorporate the metal look into the uniform. Frankly, the best uniforms we had were last year's black uniforms (not even the red uniforms). I don't like the all red look; we need to use white or black pants with the red jerseys I think.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Bottom line: They look like the football uniform version of the Mercury Mets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    I don't understand a lot of people's obsession over the helmet remaining red. A lot of people (and I don't mean you Jumba) argue that we are the scarlet knights so we must be scarlet red. But, there was no such thing as scarlet armor back in the day. The shield or seal may have been scarlet for a knight. It actually makes sense to incorporate the metal look into the uniform.
    The vikings weren't purple. Eagles aren't green, neither are fighter Jets. Your colors are your colors -- very few teams try to look like their mascot.

When your name is the "Scarlet Knights" it would make sense to keep red in the uniform.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    The vikings weren't purple. Eagles aren't green, neither are fighter Jets. Your colors are your colors -- very few teams try to look like their mascot.

When your name is the "Scarlet Knights" it would make sense to keep red in the uniform.
    There is red in all of the uniforms. The helmets aren't all red anymore. That's all. No big deal.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Did not know you could wear an abortion.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can't see the numbers on the red jerseys during the game. Very annoying.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those helmets looked terrible last night.

I agree with Paulie as the third uni last year was awesome

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get it. Why do people care about ugly jerseys? I thought the point of being a fan is to root for the team. The team picked those jerseys, they become a part of the team. Why not just embrace it?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    I don't get it. Why do people care about ugly jerseys? I thought the point of being a fan is to root for the team. The team picked those jerseys, they become a part of the team. Why not just embrace it?
    It's part of the overall product. An ugly jersey isn't pleasing to the eye and diminishes the experience.