Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Hargrove - (now with Greenbay) 8 games

Will Smith - 4 games

Fujita - (now with Cleveland) 3 games

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... from shein & gannon on sirius ...

... vilma offered $10k to any player that specifically knocked warner or favre out of games ...

l_j_r

Banned
    [QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4457321]Hargrove - (now with Greenbay) 8 games

Will Smith - 4 games

Fujita - (now with Cleveland) 3 games[/QUOTE]

Stinking cheaters.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Vilma suspended for the 2012 season...

:eek:

Jets Insider VIP
    really makes their obvious preferential treatment of Belichick, Kraft and the Patri***ts MORE OBVIOUS THAN IT HAS EVER BEEN

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Appropriate. Goodell handed out righteous penalties to all involved IMO.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4457325]:eek:[/QUOTE]

Savage, please scan the board before you start a new thread. ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    This should nip this bounty thing in the bud for good, no?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

espn link - [url]http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7881761/nfl-bans-four-players-new-orleans-saints-bounty-roles[/url]

[QUOTE]The NFL suspended four players for their roles in the New Orleans Saints' bounty system, including linebacker Jonathan Vilma for the entire 2012 season.

In addition to Vilma, defensive tackle Anthony Hargrove was suspended eight games, defensive Will Smith four games and linebacker Scott Fujita (now with the Cleveland Browns) three games.

A league investigation found that from 2009-11 New Orleans coaches and players put together a bounty system that paid out improper cash bonuses for hits aimed at knocking opposing players out of games. The NFL says as many as 27 Saints participated.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell already has suspended Saints coach Sean Payton for the 2012 season and fined the team $500,000. Saints former defensive coordinator Gregg Williams is suspended indefinitely, New Orleans general manager Mickey Loomis begins an eight-game ban after the preseason, and interim coach Joe Vitt begins serves his six-game suspension at the same time.

Payton's suspension began April 16 and runs through the Super Bowl, which, incidentally, is in New Orleans. During that time, Payton may not even have casual, non-football conversations with anyone on any NFL team without at least notifying the league office.

[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=sg3;4457327]really makes their obvious preferential treatment of Belichick, Kraft and the Patri***ts MORE OBVIOUS THAN IT HAS EVER BEEN[/QUOTE]

I am a big believer in the pats cover up, but after all the suspensions and fines for the saints, I am starting to believe that the Patriots weren't doing anything that extreme.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4457337]This should nip this bounty thing in the bud for good, no?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think the punishments should pretty much end any team using bounties.

A HC and player loses a year out of their careers and a DC is essentially banned for life.

[QUOTE=NPTJET53;4457341]I am a big believer in the pats cover up, but after all the suspensions and fines for the saints, I am starting to believe that the Patriots weren't doing anything that extreme.[/QUOTE]

the nfl values player health more than fair competition. that's really all i see here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4457330]Savage, please scan the board before you start a new thread. ;)[/QUOTE]

I did I was looking for a Vilma thread.. Missed the bountygate..:P

[QUOTE=augustiniak;4457344][B]the nfl values player health more than fair competition[/B]. that's really all i see here.[/QUOTE]

They don't give a **** about player health. It's $$$$$

They care much more about avoiding lawsuits with the facade of caring about player safety.

They also know that unfair competitive advantage stories can rip through a sport (see baseball), and wanted to quell the negative reaction by destroying any evidence.

I'm not saying the Pats gained anything of significance; I'm saying we won't ever know because of Goodell.

Wow shocked Vilma was even involved in all this. Met him on numerous occasions and have some nice memorabilia signed by him.

so would a team who signed any of those players receive any compensation? i mean the other team wasnt involved in this, and they are getting punished.

well, i guess it just comes with the signing. buyer beware.

Banned
    [QUOTE=NPTJET53;4457341]I am a big believer in the pats cover up, but after all the suspensions and fines for the saints, I am starting to believe that the Patriots weren't doing anything that extreme.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, comparing the two situations is like comparing a shop lifter to a serial killer.

Its over the top. For the players that are misled by elders and those that are in the [B][U]role of authority.[/U][/B]

Its bull that the players are penalized at all.
    they are not in charge of the team coaching snack bar or anything else.