Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Another incentive to buy season tickets?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Another incentive to buy season tickets?

A friend of mine got an e-mail today that went like this..................

Thinking about Jets season tickets this year, if you purchase them before 5pm on Thursday, May 3 you will be invited to a VIP practice on Saturday, May 5 from 10:00am to 1:00pm

I thought the place was SOLD OUT...:confused:

Just asking and not looking to start a riot, do current PSL holders also get this invite?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4457429]A friend of mine got an e-mail today that went like this..................

Thinking about Jets season tickets this year, if you purchase them before 5pm on Thursday, May 3 you will be invited to a VIP practice on Saturday, May 5 from 10:00am to 1:00pm

Just asking and not looking to start a riot, do current PSL holders also get this invite?[/QUOTE]

no we don't. Upper deck has about 25 - 33% of the seats for sale. STH's up there baled out in droves. Jets should have imposed the $1,000 PSL up there like the Giants did. They may have looked good and more benevolent than the Giants for that brief moment showing the world that they were being kind to their fans by having a PSL-free segment of the stadium, but in the long run, they created a disaster of never having these uppers sold out. And worse, now they will have to make a considerable and costly effort to sell thousands of those awful seats every season. It's going to be a lot of one-and-done ticket holders who purchase up there. Just add the cost of advertising and having an expanded sales team each and every year to the missing revenue from the unsold seats. Meanwhile the Giants may have raped their fans for that $1,000 (+$5,000 for the upper primes - between the 40's and 1st 4 rows from goal line to goal line), but way fewer fans will dumptheir upper season tickets out of fear of losing their $1,000 (or $5,000).
    Last edited by Dcat; 05-02-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4457432]no we don't. Upper deck has about 25 - 33% of the seats for sale. STH's up there baled out in droves. Jets should have imposed the $1,000 PSL up there like the Giants did. They may have looked good and more benevolent than the Giants for that brief moment showing the world that they were being kind to their fans by having a PSL-free segment of the stadium, but in the long run, they created a disaster of never having these uppers sold out. And worse, now they will have to make a considerable and costly effort to sell thousands of those awful seats every season. It's going to be a lot of one-and-done ticket holders who purchase up there. Just add the cost of advertising and having an expanded sales team each and every year to the missing revenue from the unsold seats. Meanwhile the Giants may have raped their fans for that $1,000 (+$5,000 for the upper primes - between the 40's and 1st 4 rows from goal line to goal line), but way fewer fans will dumptheir upper season tickets out of fear of losing their $1,000 (or $5,000).[/QUOTE]

So you're not invited..........:rolleyes:

$1000 PSL fee is nothing and many would walk regardless, have you sat in the UD all the seats suck.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4457481]So you're not invited..........:rolleyes:

$1000 PSL fee is nothing and many would walk regardless, have you sat in the UD all the seats suck.[/QUOTE]

some, but not as many as walk with no PSL. Not even close. Bad decision by the Jets. Short term press benefit but long term ticket sales hardship, increased advertising costs and payroll to have an inflated sales team every spring. Just dumb.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    at the current time, there are about 5000 UD seats available and the remaining couple thousand club seats plus a few scattered non-lux PSL seats due to non-renewal foreclosures and upgrades.

They are beginning the May relocation process in the UD using a seniority basis this time (as opposed to last year's 227-he who bellyaches the loudest process) and once that is done, all that will remain in the UD are the highest row, worst of the worsts which they will do what they did last year to sell out --- ticketmaster direct first on a ST basis and then ticketmaster direct on an individual game basis.

Less replenishments this year, actually than after the first season when the freeloaders all bailed out of the UD

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dcat;4457489]some, but not as many as walk with no PSL. Not even close. Bad decision by the Jets. Short term press benefit but long term ticket sales hardship, increased advertising costs and payroll to have an inflated sales team every spring. Just dumb.[/QUOTE]

Agree, I can tell you that invite wouldnt entice me to buy anything from Woody Amway. Its just flat out ridiculous what this has turned into.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    good for both sides really, I'm told that Woody doesn't really want GMC Gasguzzler back in the building either

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4457499]
    Less replenishments this year, actually than after the first season when the freeloaders all bailed out of the UD[/QUOTE]

Having owned 4-6 season tickets for 20+ years, I dont consider myself a freeloader and neither should you.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4457502]good for both sides really, I'm told that Woody doesn't really want GMC Gasguzzler back in the building either[/QUOTE]

If this isnt TROLLING on the strip then I dont know what is..........:rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    stop your whining already...

you seem to be able to dish it out all the time but run off crying to the mods when anybody gives it back

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    ironical

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    No invite so far to watch Matt Simms miss the side of a barn...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4457429]A friend of mine got an e-mail today that went like this..................

Just asking and not looking to start a riot, do current PSL holders also get this invite?[/QUOTE]

Not sold out, middle of the row PSLs are available in some sections. Get them while they are hot!!! BTW: Same for the Giants.....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4457509]stop your whining already...

you seem to be able to dish it out all the time but run off crying to the mods when anybody gives it back[/QUOTE]

Not whining at all. You clearly TROLLED and HIJACKED the thread,its as plain as day. Others have been BANNED for less.

Can we get back on topic now. I guess you werent invited either.