Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Demario Davis senior bowl practice notes...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Demario Davis senior bowl practice notes...

found these in the practice notes for the senior bowl on nfldraftcountdown...they were news to me sorry if previously posted.

esp love to hear the bolded part...

[QUOTE][B]Arkansas St. OLB Demario Davis has turned out to be a vocal leader amongst his fellow linebackers, organizing pre-practice drills and providing positive reinforcement to James Michael-Johnson when he was struggling[/B]. Davis played with better leverage today and did a nice job of staying low, which only served to accentuate his impressive speed, quickness and athleticism. Hall of Famer Mike Singletary complimented Davis during the footwork drills, proving that the extra work he put in paid off. After entering the week as a relative unknown there will likely be a lot of scouts firing up some tape on this guy in the coming weeks.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Hall of Famer Mike Singletary said Shea McClellin of Boise St. and Demario Davis of Arkansas St. are the linebackers who improved the most throughout the week.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Arkansas St. OLB Demario Davis was silky smooth and in the positional drills he caught the ball like a defensive back.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Arkansas St. OLB Demario Davis looked extremely athletic and made plays sideline-to-sideline. The under the radar Davis was caught out of position a few times but coaches complimented him for identifying the offensive plays quickly.[/QUOTE]

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im not saying this is who he will be but I get the sense he can be 1/4th of what Navarro Bowman is. That type of player would have a profound effect on this D.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope we have finally found our very own Ray Lewis. :D

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Same site has him down as a reach in the 3rd round.

He looks like he can play all 3 downs.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This guy excites me. More of a 3rd down player right now. If he bulks up he can become an everydown guy eventually.

But he's a guy who Rex can unleash on 3rd downs, and be fast enough to cover Gronkowski/Hernandez

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4457737]I hope we have finally found our very own Ray Lewis. :D[/QUOTE]

Quinton Coples= Richard Seymour
    Steven Hill= Randy Moss
    Demario Davis= Ray Lewis
    Josh Bush=Eric Weddle
    Terrance Ganaway=Micheal Turner
    Antonio Allen=Rodney Harrison
    Jordan White=Wes Welker

:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=K-Met57;4457714]found these in the practice notes for the senior bowl on nfldraftcountdown...they were news to me sorry if previously posted.

esp love to hear the bolded part...[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this. Very promising!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=tfine350z;4457768]Quinton Coples= Richard Seymour
    Steven Hill= Randy Moss
    Demario Davis= Ray Lewis
    Josh Bush=Eric Weddle
    Terrance Ganaway=Micheal Turner
    Antonio Allen=Rodney Harrison
    Jordan White=Wes Welker

:yes:[/QUOTE]

if even one of those comes to fruition then this will be a great draft

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol I think people need to take a step back. Just because he did well at the senior bowl doesn't make him a HOF linebacker.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MagroCrag;4457783]Lol I think people need to take a step back. Just because he did well at the senior bowl doesn't make him a HOF linebacker.[/QUOTE]

And nobody's saying that...

Davis showed up late at the senior bowl so I don't really know how Singletary can refer to him as one of the most improved.

And everyone can just go download the game for themselves... Davis ended up playing almost all of the senior bowl and did so pretty well. He's violent and extremely fast. Even considering the senior bowl limits what linebackers and safeties can do.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=irishxmafia;4457777]if even one of those comes to fruition then this will be a great draft[/QUOTE]

That very well could be the best draft in history...lol

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Davis is taller, faster, and stronger than Bowman and exceeds him in just about every measurable (big exception is the three-cone drill). He has an A+ motor and is said to be very coachable. Barring injury, I'd be shocked if he didn't turn out to have a very high floor. He should be a solid contributor for a lot of years, with a good chance of becoming a starter, and a decent chance of being a star.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's really what this defense needs. Enough of getting beat on the edge on long runs and Bart Scott being lost in the crowd. Have him free flying to the sidelines to stop all that.

I love this pick more and more. Can't wait to see him play.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tackleem;4457804]Davis is taller, faster, and stronger than Bowman and exceeds him in just about every measurable (big exception is the three-cone drill). He has an A+ motor and is said to be very coachable. Barring injury, I'd be shocked if he didn't turn out to have a very high floor. He should be a solid contributor for a lot of years, with a good chance of becoming a starter, and a decent chance of being a star.[/QUOTE]

Measurable's are great, but Bowman was a top 5 LB last year. If Davis turns out to be as good as Bowman, we got a great player.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    A vocal leader is exactly what this team needs. That along gives him way more value to this team if true and has me paying more attention to him.

This team and Defense has not had a true leader since Kris Jenkins was here. With all the time that Jenkins missed is really been a long time.

This is what we need.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love this pick more and more every time I watch a highlight video of Davis, or read something about him. I think Rex will turn him into a beast, and he will more than fill Bart Scott's role when we part ways with him next season.

If Coples, Davis, Mo Wilk, Maybin, and Wilson all reach their full potential this defense will be scary good.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=carlito1171;4457849]Love this pick more and more every time I watch a highlight video of Davis, or read something about him. I think Rex will turn him into a beast, and he will more than fill Bart Scott's role when we part ways with him next season.

If Coples, Davis, Mo Wilk, Maybin, and Wilson all reach their full potential this defense will be scary good.[/QUOTE]

And you left off Ellis, who didn't show much at all last year but definitely has the size and athleticism to effectively replace Pouha in a couple of years.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jets31;4457847][B]A vocal leader is exactly what this team needs. [/B]That along gives him way more value to this team if true and has me paying more attention to him.

This team and Defense has not had a true leader since Kris Jenkins was here. With all the time that Jenkins missed is really been a long time.

This is what we need.[/QUOTE]

A vocal Leader who can back up what he preaches all 3 downs.This kid is the perfect replacement for Scott if he can actually play.I like this defensive unit's potential

Wilkerson ~RDE
    Ellis/Pouha ~ NT
    Coples ~ LDE

Pace /Sapp ~ ROLB
    Davis ~ LILB
    Harris ~ RILB
    Thomas/Maybin ~ LILB

Revis ~ CB
    Bush ~ FS
    Landry ~ SS
    Cromartie ~ CB
    Last edited by Tinstar; 05-02-2012 at 05:50 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Early signs are very good that this was an above average draft, and maybe even better than that. After last year, watching defenders fly around would be a welcome sight.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know where I can see a replay of the senior-bowl online?