All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! shocker! :eek:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sucked, I said it before, he didn't produce at all. Stats don't lie

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was very productive, so I'm not surprised he was let go.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No offense to Ropati but he was a JAG and VERY VERY easily replaceable. Good luck to him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    cap clearing move to fill holes

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;4457995]Ropi had the Misfortune of playing last yr after coming back from achiles surgery.This was the yr he would had been back to full strength.It's too b ad because this kid was looking good before He got injured.[/QUOTE]

+1 always liked him, sad to see him go. Hope he catches on somewhere else.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4458009]Yep, good post. This is the player I was thinking about when hearing of the release.

Jets have a real logjam at DE

Coples DE/OLB
    Wilkerson DE
    Dixon DE/DT
    Pouha DE/NT
    Devito DE/DT
    Richardson DE

Ellis DT/NT
    Tevaseu DT/NT

My next thought, it could have been a release to save cap money, and the team could bring him back at vet min to compete for a position.[/QUOTE]

I honestly felt Ripoati was the odd man out once they drafted coples. I think Tevaseu could be next.. Devito is the most versatile lineman they have and can actually DE, DT and NT... He is still a productive player and going nowhere. Dixon was a productive player and clearly outshined Ripoati.
    If Ellis comes on this summer. Tevasseu is a goner.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not surprising. I'm glad it's not MD.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    That injury really derailed his positive momentum, he was going to be a real contributor. Feel bad for the guy but those are the breaks, he'll catch on somewhere.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JerseyJet80;4458048]so much for rex raving about him last offseason[/QUOTE]

I remember Rex gushing about him. How this player was one hell of a DLINE-man. Ropati goes from being a player with so much potential (according to Rex) to being flat out cut?

So what is it?

When he went down it was apparently such a blow to the defense. We were relying on him and others need to step up were words from Rex about this devastating turn of events for Ropati and the JETS.

So we draft Coples, who could be great, when we already has a promising DE that we just flat out cut.

Seems like Coples was a luxury pick because it aloud us to cut such a promising young player.

All the while we still have the worst RT starting for us. I dont get it. Its like we have no direction at all.

And so continues one of the most perplexing off seasons in memory. I think every fan expects a certain amount of "posturing/lying" from the head coach/organization but IMHO it getting close to laughable. If the head coach continues to blatantly lie about players ability his comments become hollow.

Who will eventually ever take him serious?
    Who will eventually ever trust him?
    Who will eventually ever want to play for him?

Sorry but you dont build championships like this.
    Last edited by copernicus; 05-03-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4458145]I remember Rex gushing about him. How this player was one hell of a DLINE-man. Ropati goes from being a player with so much potential (according to Rex) to being flat out cut?

So what is it?

When he went down it was apparently such a blow to the defense. We were relying on him and others need to step up were words from Rex about this devastating turn of events for Ropati and the JETS.

So we draft Coples, who could be great, when we already has a promising DE that we just flat out cut.

Seems like Coples was a luxury pick because it aloud us to cut such a promising young player.

All the while we still have the worst RT starting for us. I dont get it. Its like we have no direction at all.

And so continues one of the most perplexing off seasons in memory. I think every fan expects a certain amount of "posturing/lying" from the head coach/organization but IMHO it getting close to laughable. If the head coach continues to blatantly lie about players ability his comments become hollow.

[B]Who will eventually ever take him serious?
    Who will eventually ever want to play for him? [/B]

Sorry but you dont build championships like this.[/QUOTE]

:shakehead :rolleyes:

Why are you such a drama queen?

Pitoitua showed promise in Rex's first year, the move has yet to be understood, it could be that his performance regressed after returning from Achilles injury. Let's wait to see how this plays out, he could be resigned back to the team in a salary cap move.

Is every freaking move the Jets make going to be over-analyzed and used as an opportunity to spin your agenda with Rex? Are the last 3 sentences of your post to be taken seriously, when there are so many examples of players out there that revere Ryan because of the impact he had on them as a coach, as a person, and as a mentor, both active players and players now retired? Seriously, get over yourself already.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 05-03-2012 at 12:21 AM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4458145]I remember Rex gushing about him. How this player was one hell of a DLINE-man. Ropati goes from being a player with so much potential (according to Rex) to being flat out cut?
    [/QUOTE]

Same Rex who gushed about Logan Payne.

Same Rex who will gush about anyone who happens to be on the roster at the moment.

Same Rex who gushes about late night pizza delivery.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4458148]:shakehead :rolleyes:

Why are you such a drama queen?

Pitoitua showed promise in Rex's first year, but it's obvious he didn't recover well enough after his achillies injury to show that same ability.

But again, let's wait to see how this plays out, he could be resigned back to the team in a salary cap move.[/QUOTE]

You are not seeing the bigger picture. Its not about whether or not Pitoitua should be resigned or not. Its about the foundation of what we stand for as an organization. You cant continue to lie to your team and fans and expect to win championships. Rex continues to run his mouth and he is beginning to become exposed as a fraud.

"I have my thumb on the pulse of this team"........Criticized as the worst locker-room in the NFL

"I have my thumb on the pulse of this team"..........Admits to not going to ONE offensive team meeting.

"I believe Gholston can play and I will get the most out of him"..........cut

"Cro was our guy all along"..........After failing to sign Asumugha

"Sanchez is our franchise QB".......... Pursue Manning and trade for Tebow

"Holmes is worthy of wearing the captain's C"...........Quits on team

"Pituitoa is a great young DLINEman"..............Cut

"The Wildcat is a gimmick"............Now its a legit blue print for winning

What do you think guys like Mangold, D'Brick, and Moore think of Rex?

How about DeVito after Rex anoints Coples as a starter without even a training camp?

I think my concerns are legit...........
    Last edited by copernicus; 05-03-2012 at 12:37 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4458148]:shakehead :rolleyes:

Is every freaking move the Jets make going to be over-analyzed and used as an opportunity to spin your agenda with Rex? Are the last 3 sentences of your post to be taken seriously, when there are so many examples of players out there that revere Ryan because of the impact he had on them as a coach, as a person, and as a mentor, both active players and players now retired? Seriously, get over yourself already.[/QUOTE]

You mean like Bart Scott?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4458161]...What do you think guys like Mangold, D'Brick, and Moore think of Rex?

How about DeVito after Rex anoints Coples as a starter without even a training camp?

I think my concerns are legit...........[/QUOTE]

Copernicus for the win.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

So what is it?

Who will eventually ever take him serious?
    Who will eventually ever want to play for him?

Sorry but you dont build championships like this.[/QUOTE]

Give it a rest already clown for godsake..

They released the frigging #6 DL who showed zilcb for one season and you go off with another diatribe of melodramatic hand wringing negativity....

Getting nauseating

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4458168]Give it a rest already clown for godsake..

They released the frigging #6 DL who showed zilcb for one season and you go off with another diatribe of melodramatic hand wringing negativity....

Getting nauseating

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

Sorry, you lose.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4458168]Give it a rest already clown for godsake..

Getting nauseating

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

If Pituitoa was "the frigging #6 DL who showed zilcb for one season" then how could Rex Ryan be so off with his evaluation of this player?

Rex Ryan said that this player was legit, an up and coming player, one that he is developing.

This is the type of evaluator of talent Rex Ryan is?

Yeah, no concern here :rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4458174]If Pituitoa was "the frigging #6 DL who showed zilcb for one season" then how could Rex Ryan be so off with his evaluation of this player?

Rex Ryan said that this player was legit, an up and coming player, one that he is developing.

This is the type of evaluator of talent Rex Ryan is?

Yeah, no concern here :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Copernicus already won, now he's just rubbing it in sg's face.

Uncalled for.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Owen Reed;4458158]Same Rex who gushed about Logan Payne.

Same Rex who will gush about anyone who happens to be on the roster at the moment.

Same Rex who gushes about late night pizza delivery.[/QUOTE]

Logan Payne :rolleyes: