Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Jets waive Ropati Pitoitua

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4458161]You are not seeing the bigger picture. Its not about whether or not Pitoitua should be resigned or not. Its about the foundation of what we stand for as an organization. You cant continue to lie to your team and fans and expect to win championships. Rex continues to run his mouth and he is beginning to become exposed as a fraud.

"I have my thumb on the pulse of this team"........Criticized as the worst locker-room in the NFL

"I have my thumb on the pulse of this team"..........Admits to not going to ONE offensive team meeting.

"I believe Gholston can play and I will get the most out of him"..........cut

"Cro was our guy all along"..........After failing to sign Asumugha

"Sanchez is our franchise QB".......... Pursue Manning and trade for Tebow

"Holmes is worthy of wearing the captain's C"...........Quits on team

"Pituitoa is a great young DLINEman"..............Cut

"The Wildcat is a gimmick"............Now its a legit blue print for winning

What do you think guys like Mangold, D'Brick, and Moore think of Rex?

How about DeVito after Rex anoints Coples as a starter without even a training camp?

I think my concerns are legit...........[/QUOTE]

Or all this moronic whining could just be explained off by saying he said these things long ago and things change.

But carry on. I'm sure the more thought you put into it, the worse Rex will sound and the more SAR like you'll sound.

Mangold, D'Brick and the rest of the team love Rex, only a clown would think they don't.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    just like devito he has zero upside, so no point in hanging on a run stuffer when your d-line is that crowded.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4458161]You are not seeing the bigger picture. Its not about whether or not Pitoitua should be resigned or not. Its about the foundation of what we stand for as an organization. You cant continue to lie to your team and fans and expect to win championships. Rex continues to run his mouth and he is beginning to become exposed as a fraud. [/QUOTE]

Rex was born into a football family, and has been (and is) respected around the league as a defensive guru. He's respected by All-Pro's, all-time greats and future HOF players such as Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Darrelle Revis, Kris Jenkins and guys such as Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard followed him from Baltimore to New York. All former (or current) players of Rex Ryan. All respect this man as a football coach. A fraud? Prove to me, that the league and players who've played under his coaching feel that way. Post links, articles, youtube clips, something, anything; I'll be waiting.

[QUOTE=copernicus;4458161]"I have my thumb on the pulse of this team"........Criticized as the worst locker-room in the NFL [/QUOTE]

Rex led the Jets to consecutive trips to the AFC Championship game. We've been to the AFC Championship games during two of our first three years with Rex as head coach. The last time we made the AFCCG before Rex, was back in 1998 under Parcells. How many times has our franchise landed two trips to the AFC Championship game during a 3 year span? I'll be waiting.

[QUOTE=copernicus;4458161]"I have my thumb on the pulse of this team"..........Admits to not going to ONE offensive team meeting. [/QUOTE]

He was too focused on turning our defense into a championship contender. It's no coincidence or fluke that we went from a below average defense under Mangini, to an immediate #1 ranked defense during Ryan's first season with the Jets. We finished with a #1 ranked defense during his first year here in 2009 and also ended the 2010 season with a 4th ranked defense during his 2nd year as head coach. When was the last time, that we've featured two top 5 D's during a 3 year span? Since you have all the answers, I'll be waiting.

[QUOTE=copernicus;4458161]"I believe Gholston can play and I will get the most out of him"..........cut [/QUOTE]

Since when was it a bad thing to A.) Have faith/believe in your players. B.) Give them a chance to succeed and C.) Improve the roster if the 'X' player couldn't improve/grasp the game? Rex Ryan has already replaced Vernon Gholston with Aaron Maybin, a first round draft pick in his own right, drafted 11th overall by Buffalo back in 2009. Rex Ryan wasn't here during the draft selection of Vernon Gholston. Blame Tanny, Mangini and Gholston himself. Don't mention Gholston's name as a way to knock coach Ryan. At least show a little perspective of the situation. How many tackles/sacks did Gholston make after being released by the Jets last season? 0. Do you know which team Gholston currently plays for? It looks like coach Ryan made the right call, now doesn't it? Maybin put up 11 tackles, 6 sacks to go along with 4 forced fumbles. Good call coach.

[QUOTE=copernicus;4458161]"Cro was our guy all along"..........After failing to sign Asumugha[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with trying to improve your defense into a power house? We all know that Aso was considered to be the NFL #2 CB behind only Revis. Could have combined for the greatest CB tandem of all-time. Tanny wanted Aso. Rex wanted Aso. Jet fans wanted Aso. New York wanted Aso. Aso wanted Philly. It's as simple as that. Aso is Philly's guy, but are you trying to say that if Revis became a free agent tomorrow, that Philly wouldn't go after Revis all because Aso (and/or Rodgers-Cromartie) would become "upset"? Cromartie took it in stride, and played hard as ever for his head coach that same season (last year).

[QUOTE=copernicus;4458161]"Sanchez is our franchise QB".......... Pursue Manning and trade for Tebow [/QUOTE]

Sanchez is our franchise QB. Even if the Jets landed Peyton Manning through free agency, Sanchez would then have the ability to learn and study behind one of the top 5 greatest QB's of all-time over the next 2-3 years before once again... Becoming our franchise quarterback, but this time? As a 5th-6th year seasoned veteran. What's wrong with Rex Ryan wanting to improve our offense and team as a whole, with a future HOF Quarterback in Manning, a SB winning QB at that ala one of the greatest that ever lived to play the game. Also, who traded for Tebow? Was it Ryan or Tanny? Because never knew that coach Ryan had control over draft picks and trades. Rex Ryan sees a football player in Tebow, and he'll use him as a football player, but not as a drop back Quarterback. That's Mark Sanchez.

[QUOTE=copernicus;4458161]"Holmes is worthy of wearing the captain's C"...........Quits on team[/QUOTE]

Holmes is a former SB MVP as well as an outstanding talent at the WR position. He's also looked up to by the younger WR's for the simple fact, he's always going out of his way to coach them up through practice, answers all their questions and helps them as an overall player. Hindsight is always 20/20. Lets not blame the head coach for naming Holmes a captain, all because Holmes later quit on the team. Don't blame coach Ryan because a player acted out, blame the player. If "YOU KNEW" Holmes would 'quit on the team', then, why didn't you create a thread the moment Holmes was named team captain, letting the world know that Holmes would quit on the Jets during the last 2-3 weeks? That's right, because you didn't know. Just like Rex didn't know.

[QUOTE=copernicus;4458161] "Pituitoa is a great young DLINEman"..............Cut[/QUOTE]

It's actually 'Pitoitua', not "Pituitoa". Just goes to show how much you know, (or lack thereof) in regards to Ropati Pitoitua; you don't even care enough to know how to spell his name correctly. That's besides the point. You blast Rex for the release of Pitoitua, but do you not only know but also understand why he's been cut? There's multiple reasons. 1.) During last years preseason, Pitoitua tore his achilles' tendon against the Carolina Panthers and was placed on the injured reserve list on August 23rd. We've since replaced him with 3 younger/stronger defensive lineman in Wilkerson, Ellis and Coples. You do know that Pitoitua went undrafted back in 2008 right? Wilkerson and Coples were/are both 1st round draft picks. Ellis was drafted during the 3rd round. Which player, out of those 3, should have been cut over an achilles-torn Pitoitua? At the age of 27, he may never be the same. Sure, blame the head coach. Question. Did coach Ryan consider Pitoitua as being a "great young lineman" before or after he tore his achilles' tendon in which forced him to sit out the entire year due to a season ending injury?

[QUOTE=copernicus;4458161] "The Wildcat is a gimmick"............Now its a legit blue print for winning [/QUOTE]

It was a gimmick. But now it's OUR gimmick. Good luck stopping Sparano's version of the Miami Dolphins Wildcat formation with A.) Tim Tebow as the center piece. B.) Tim Tebow rushing behind one of the greatest run blocking Centers in the game today in Nick Mangold and C.) Tony Sparano orchestrating the offensive attacks. Yeah, right, blame coach Ryan for all of the above.

[QUOTE=copernicus;4458161]What do you think guys like Mangold, D'Brick, and Moore think of Rex? [/QUOTE]

They must think he's the greatest football coach they've even been coached up by. I mean, it's not like both Mangold and Ferguson haven't signed long-term contract extensions while being coached under Rex Ryan himself. It's not like Ray Lewis wasn't willing to leave Baltimore in order to follow his DC in Rex to New York, it's not like Revis signed a long-term contract under coach Ryan, it's not like both Scott and Leonhard followed coach Ryan from Baltimore to NY, it's not like Ed Reed hasn't gone on record making it known how much he loves/respects Rex as a person and defensive coach etc, etc.

[QUOTE=copernicus;4458161] How about DeVito after Rex anoints Coples as a starter without even a training camp?[/QUOTE]

Did you not watch the 2011 season or something? Do you not understand why DeVito only played 12 games last season? He got hit with the injury bug and only put up 34 tackles/1 sack last season. Since you're complaining about a rookie in Coples starting over DeVito, then please explain why DeVito got outplayed by last years rookie DE in Wilkerson, who put up 63 tackles to go along with 3 sacks. DeVito is heading into his 6th year, only has a career total of 150 tackles/1.5 sacks, but yet you're seriously questioning a defensive line guru (Ryan) on his decision of naming a 1st round selection, drafted 16th overall over a career jag in DeVito? If Wilkerson, as a rookie could (and did) outperform DeVito, then why would Rex have a problem with starting another rookie in Coples over DeVito, especially considering the fact that Coples has an even higher ceiling and was ranked (coming out of college) as a stronger prospect when compared to Wilkerson ala the player who out performed DeVito in every which way on the football field last season. Only a fool would start DeVito over Coples. And only a clueless fan would question why Ryan is going with Coples opposite Wilkerson over DeVito.

[QUOTE=copernicus;4458161] I think my concerns are legit...........[/QUOTE]

You did your homework, that's for sure.
    Last edited by NY2FLDWC85; 06-17-2012 at 04:07 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4493562]Who necro'd this thread? Why is this relevant today?[/QUOTE]

Are posters on this forum not free to post on any open thread they want? Or are they limited to only ones you think are timely and relevant?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bcess;4493673]Are posters on this forum not free to post on any open thread they want? Or are they limited to only ones you think are timely and relevant?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jordy;4493570]bcess.

Yeah the better question is WHY?[/QUOTE]

Way to overreact.

But in all honesty, Why the bump? Did something happen? I was asking a question, not trying to be a d!ck.

The bump was out of nowhere.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4493728]Way to overreact.

But in all honesty, Why the bump? Did something happen? I was asking a question, not trying to be a d!ck.

The bump was out of nowhere.[/QUOTE]

Thought you were being a dick, my bad. Nothing happened, just was commenting about wasting a spot on a guy that doesn't seem like he will ever pan out.