Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th & 5th WR's in NE

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

4th & 5th WR's in NE

NE has a plethora of WR's that bears monitoring as someone is bound to be cut during the offseason or after preseason. Knowing BB he will do so after all of the preseason games are done:

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828d2953/article/jabar-gaffney-enters-patriots-crowded-receiver-fray?module=HP11_headline_stack[/url]

Wes Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Deion Branch, Donte' Stallworth, Anthony Gonzalez, Chad Ochocinco, Jabar Gaffmey and Julian Edelman. That's 8 without counting the 2 Superb TE's that they often throw to. Someone is bound to be cut. OC looks like a candidate and so does Stallworth.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, i think out of that group, those are the two most likely not to make it. Never though i would say this, but i would like to know our resident pat fans' opinion on who's gonna make it ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrickHouse;4458304]NE has a plethora of WR's that bears monitoring as someone is bound to be cut during the offseason or after preseason. Knowing BB he will do so after all of the preseason games are done:

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828d2953/article/jabar-gaffney-enters-patriots-crowded-receiver-fray?module=HP11_headline_stack[/url]

Wes Welker, Brandon Lloyd, Deion Branch, Donte' Stallworth, Anthony Gonzalez, Chad Ochocinco, Jabar Gaffmey and Julian Edelman. That's 8 without counting the 2 Superb TE's that they often throw to. Someone is bound to be cut. OC looks like a candidate and so does Stallworth.[/QUOTE]

Welker...Lloyd...Branch if he has anything left since getting his AARP card...

The others...meh or worse

SIGN BRAY

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=MagroCrag;4458308]Yeah, i think out of that group, those are the two most likely not to make it. Never though i would say this, but i would like to know our resident pat fans' opinion on who's gonna make it ;)[/QUOTE]

The obvious ones to make it are Welker, Lloyd, Edelman. I would not be surprised to see Branch for one more season. Gaffney was signed to a 2 year deal so he's probably sticking. Camp will determine the final spot and I'm guessing Gonzalez wins it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    NE also drafted a promising WR in round 7 in Northwestern's Jeremy Ebert. He's a 6'0" slot receiver type with great hands who is sneaky fast. Runs really precise routes. Pains me to say it, but perfect for their system.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ocho Cinco would look good in green.

PLEASE.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4458361]Ocho Cinco would look good in green.

PLEASE.[/QUOTE]

Ocho Cinco > Holmes

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4458363]Ocho Cinco > Holmes[/QUOTE]

You're such a dick.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4458361]Ocho Cinco would look good in green.

PLEASE.[/QUOTE]

Much rather Braylon Edwards.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4458313]Welker...Lloyd...Branch if he has anything left since getting his AARP card...

The others...meh or worse

SIGN BRAY

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE]

And yet, the Pats have four WRs who had more yards than the Jets' #1 WR last year. Welker, Lloyd, Gaffney, and Branch all had more than the 654 yards Santonio Holmes last year. In fact, if Welker, Lloyd, or Gaffney were on the Jets and put up the same numbers last year with the Jets; they all would have been the leading receiver for the Jets.

The Pats currently have 5 receivers (Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, Lloyd, and Gaffney) who got over 900 yards receiving last year. The Jets have zero.

Too bad you are ignoring this or it would really burn your britches.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Rob0729;4458374]And yet, the Pats have four WRs who had more yards than the Jets' #1 WR last year. Welker, Lloyd, Gaffney, and Branch all had more than the 654 yards Santonio Holmes last year. In fact, if Welker, Lloyd, or Gaffney were on the Jets and put up the same numbers last year with the Jets; they all would have been the leading receiver for the Jets.

The Pats currently have 5 receivers (Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, Lloyd, and Gaffney) who got over 900 yards receiving last year. [B][U]The Jets have zero[/U][/B].

[/QUOTE]

Look who is throwing to them.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4458379]Look who is throwing to them.[/QUOTE]

Gaffney got over 900 yards with the combination of Rex Grossman and John Beck throwing to him. Sanchez is mediocre, but not worse than those two.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4458367]You're such a dick.[/QUOTE]

It's "your".

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Rob0729;4458374]And yet, the Pats have four WRs who had more yards than the Jets' #1 WR last year. Welker, Lloyd, Gaffney, and Branch all had more than the 654 yards Santonio Holmes last year. In fact, if Welker, Lloyd, or Gaffney were on the Jets and put up the same numbers last year with the Jets; they all would have been the leading receiver for the Jets.

[/QUOTE]

Ooh, your powers of deduction are exceptional. I can't allow you to waste them here when there are so many crimes going unsolved at this very moment. Go, go, for the good of the city.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4458384]It's "your".

_[/QUOTE]

Stick to law, leave English to those who know what they are talking about.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Other than wittle wesley wabbit and Lloyd that list could arguably be the WORST wide receiver "corpse" in the NFL

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4458389]Other than wittle wesley wabbit and Lloyd that list could arguably be the WORST wide receiver "corpse" in the NFL

Yeah other than than the first two...brilliant.

Also, besides Brady, Pats have the worst QBs.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4458389]Other than wittle wesley wabbit and Lloyd that list could arguably be the WORST wide receiver "corpse" in the NFL

LMAO. That distinction belongs to your team of interest.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL! Yeah, if you take away those two and Gronk and Hernandez, Brady has a Jets' like receiving corp with no one to throw to.

So taking away the Pats' top two WRs, their receiver corp would be one of the worst in the league? I wonder if you could say the same thing about any team. :rolleyes:

At least based on last year's stats, the Pats' receiving corp without Welker and Lloyd is still better than the Jets' receiving corp.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Rob0729;4458404]LOL! Yeah, if you take away those two and Gronk and Hernandez, Brady has a Jets' like receiving corp with no one to throw to.

So taking away the Pats' top two WRs, their receiver corp would be one of the worst in the league? I wonder if you could say the same thing about any team. :rolleyes:

At least based on last year's stats, the Pats' receiving corp without Welker and Lloyd is still better than the Jets' receiving corp.[/QUOTE]

Your receiving corp isn't exactly young... And you have no idea what you'll get from Lloyd...