Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drew Coleman

Drew Coleman

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/03/jaguars-pink-slip-drew-coleman/[/url]

Lets bring him back. The 4th CB spot is wide open.

I'll take him back. He can have Cole's spot.

[QUOTE=51JetsFanInPA;4458626]I'll take him back. He can have Cole's spot.[/QUOTE]

Everyone under values the importance of special teams.. Cole contributes on special teams, Coleman does not. If we can have both great, if we choose 1 I say Cole, we already have Revis, Cro, Wilson, Strickland

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... wouldn't mind him ... but would prefer to have the $$$ spent at RT, braylon edwards type vet WR, & possibly at P first ...

l_j_r

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ[/URL]

Have you guys forgotten how absolutely terrible he is? I'd take Chris Johnson over him, and Chris Johnson is also an absolute scrub.

Don't spend a dime until after we ink Braylon

[QUOTE=JETS2417;4458628]Everyone under values the importance of special teams.. Cole contributes on special teams, Coleman does not. If we can have both great, if we choose 1 I say Cole, we already have Revis, Cro, Wilson, Strickland[/QUOTE]

Cole is on the Patriots. He was a great contributor for us.

He and Ihegdibo can anchor the Patriot defense. :D

[QUOTE=MrJames;4458641]Cole is on the Patriots. He was a great contributor for us.

He and Ihegdibo can anchor the Patriot defense. :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks for saving me from that rock I was living under, gratitude.

Had no idea Cole signed with them, he was a great STer

[QUOTE=endgameeugenics;4458634]Don't spend a dime until after we ink Braylon[/QUOTE]

Where does Braylon fit exactly?

Before we got Hill, I was strongly hoping we brought Braylon back, but we just spent a high pick on a receiver with a very similar skill set. I simply dont see being able to fit braylon in here anymore. None of Holmes, Hill or Braylon can be a returner, and none of those 3 or Kerley play special teams (gunner role).

I know that we can make it work from a "madden" persepective, but in building a full roster, I dont see the need to pay braylon when we just got hill.

Jets Insider VIP
    is Strickland still around?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=eaglenj;4458696]Where does Braylon fit exactly?

Before we got Hill, I was strongly hoping we brought Braylon back, but we just spent a high pick on a receiver with a very similar skill set.[/QUOTE]
    Braylon and Hill are known for their speed?

Hall Of Fame
    They should bring him in. But they won't.

No need, they have enough there, plus if anyone gets added, it should be a younger player. Plus, he got cut by the Jags.....

[QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4458791]No need, they have enough there, plus if anyone gets added, it should be a younger player. Plus, he got cut by the Jags.....[/QUOTE]

He was cut for $ reasons. I'd take him back for cheap, he's a good #4 CB, good blitzer off the slot.

Yeah, let's bring him back...

[IMG]http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Drew+Coleman+Austin+Collie+AFC+Championship+2yGRTGfkXz6l.jpg[/IMG]

I know that's just one play, but I will personally always remember Coleman for the plays he didn't make much more than for the ones he did. Pass on this retread, even at #4 CB.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sg3;4458745]is Strickland still around?[/QUOTE]

I believe he's still an UFA

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;4458854]Yeah, let's bring him back...

[IMG]http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Drew+Coleman+Austin+Collie+AFC+Championship+2yGRTGfkXz6l.jpg[/IMG]

I know that's just one play, but I will personally always remember Coleman for the plays he didn't make much more than for the ones he did. Pass on this retread, even at #4 CB.[/QUOTE]

When I saw that play live, I thought for sure he was going to intercept the pass. He mistimed that jump.

Coleman was bad in 2009 but played well in 2010 (maybe overacheived). We need another 1 or 2 CBs who can play dime and special teams.
    Coleman doesn't play special teams but we could still use him plus another young guy who can play specials.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4458906]When I saw that play live, I thought for sure he was going to intercept the pass. He mistimed that jump.[/QUOTE]

So did I. And I know if the Jets hadn't lost Strickland earlier that Coleman probably wouldn't have been in that situation, but I believe that play (I think it was a 3rd down) is the primary reason why the Jets lost momentum in that game and didn't go to the SB that year.

Could be an overexaggeration on my part, but I still can't forgive Coleman for coming up short there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=eaglenj;4458696]Where does Braylon fit exactly?

Before we got Hill, I was strongly hoping we brought Braylon back, but we just spent a high pick on a receiver with a very similar skill set. I simply dont see being able to fit braylon in here anymore. None of Holmes, Hill or Braylon can be a returner, and none of those 3 or Kerley play special teams (gunner role).

I know that we can make it work from a "madden" persepective, but in building a full roster, I dont see the need to pay braylon when we just got hill.[/QUOTE]

Braylon fans are like Tebow fans, you can't reason with them :D Most would probably in favor of cutting Mangold or Revis to open a roster spot for BE