Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not that you needed to be told, but... (Revis)

All Pro

Not that you needed to be told, but... (Revis)

[QUOTE]Darrelle Revis - DB - Jets
    Darrelle Revis led the NFL with a passer rating of 45.6 on throws into his coverage, according to Pro Football Focus.
    Revis allowed just 41.2 percent of all targets to be complete, including just [B][U]26.1 percent in the fourth quarter (for a passer rating of 1.3)[/U][/B]. Revis also recorded 20 total pass breakups while allowing just one touchdown on 85 targets. A true shutdown corner, Revis has been arguably the NFL's most valuable defensive player since Rex Ryan took over the Jets three years.[/QUOTE]

He can have whatever contract he asks for as far as I'm concerned. He might go down as the best corner to ever play the game if he keeps this up another 3-4 seasons.

[QUOTE=Paradis;4459034]He can have whatever contract he asks for as far as I'm concerned. He might go down as the best corner to ever play the game if he keeps this up another 3-4 seasons.[/QUOTE]

Nah the Jets have him by the nuts this time around. He can hold out but all it does is lock him up for longer. If he wants to be a moron and piss away his career let him.

[QUOTE=TheMo;4459066]Nah the Jets have him by the nuts this time around. He can hold out but all it does is lock him up for longer. If he wants to be a moron and piss away his career let him.[/QUOTE]

+1

It's not like we're at risk of losing him. He can "get whatever he wants" when he's hoisting the trophy. Until then, he's just like the other 52 who break my heart year after year . . .:steamin:

Phuck revis, phuck em. trade him for four first rounders.

Jets Insider VIP
    pay the man

Ronnie Lott and Darelle Revis cover CBs don't grow on trees

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Paradis;4459034]He can have whatever contract he asks for as far as I'm concerned. He might go down as the best corner to ever play the game if he keeps this up another 3-4 seasons.[/QUOTE]

he can suck it if he asks for more as far as i am concerned no need of QB talk being able to win us a SB if this ******* takes up most of the teams money and hinders them from putting good players around him then it will be his fault not the QB's that we don't make a SB.

These idiots do not get it I would take a modest paychk so my team could put some major weapons or other team building players around me. I wish their was one set contract amount for everyone at their respective positions and where they are on the depth chart.

[QUOTE=sg3;4459102]pay the man

Ronnie Lott and Darelle Revis cover CBs don't grow on trees[/QUOTE]

He just got paid... this is like a small child you have to put your foot down or he'll keep taking more. We restructured him in 2010. Now in 2012 he wants it redone? He just agreed to it, it's not like he wasn't privy to the details or something. And unlike his rookie contract, it's not a deal that was built on the premise that he might be a bust. He is well compensated and if he doesn't mess it up he can do as he pleases after the 2013-2014 season.

Agree, a player like this doesnt come around too often let alone on the NYJETS.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4459174]Agree, a player like this doesnt come around too often let alone on the NYJETS.[/QUOTE]

and they won't if he is taking up 3/4 of our cap space............:steamin:

If he asks for more money, might as well shop him around. I'd hate to see him go, but at a certain point we won't be able to keep him due to finances.

[QUOTE=ucrenegade;4459178]and they won't if he is taking up 3/4 of our cap space............:steamin:[/QUOTE]

3/4...............:rolleyes: :zzz:

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

GOAT. He is already the Lawrence Taylor of cornerbacks.

But I don't think he should get new contract unless it benefits the team.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4459182]3/4...............:rolleyes: :zzz:[/QUOTE]

keep letting him get away with this B.S and it could be that in a few years.

[QUOTE=ucrenegade;4459186]keep letting him get away with this B.S and it could be that in a few years.[/QUOTE]

You're right instead lets throw ridiculous money at Santonio Holmes and Bart Scott.

can you imagine what he could do if we were able to actually get pressure on opposing QB's? if coples looks like he's going to be the impact pass rusher we need, we should lock up revis long term as early as possible

Jets Insider VIP
    lets keep the facts straight

the deal he signed in 2010 was described by Revis, his agents, Rex, Mike Tannenbaum and Mr Johnson to be an interim deal that because of its short number of years needed to be renegotiated within its term...

which is what will happen this season and result in a longer term deal to allow the BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER EVER TO WEAR THE JET UNIFORM and a certain HOFer to retire as a New York Jet directly to the RING OF HONOR

Jets Insider VIP
    mr renegade wants the Jets to SAVE all their money and cap dollars to be given to his idol, our backup quarterback

F--K the other 52 Jets, PAY MY TIMMY

Oh boy. Here we go again. I don't think the question is "is Revis the best?" It's "is any cb worth 16 mil a year?"

The answer, in the end, is determined by you cap situation. If the Jets had the oom - sure. But we dont :(

Jets Insider VIP
    Revis is worth more

BEST Defensive player in the NFL by miles

All Pro
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4459188]You're right instead lets throw ridiculous money at Santonio Holmes and Bart Scott.[/QUOTE]

never said i liked them either from a football standpoint.