Thread: Bills Release CB Drayton Florence

Bills Release CB Drayton Florence

[URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/ProFootballWkly"][B]Pro Football Weekly[/B] ‏ @[B]ProFootballWkly[/B][/URL]
    The [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23Bills"]#[B]Bills[/B][/URL] have released CB Drayton Florence, per reports

I think the Jets had an interest in him last offseason? Also play some Safety?
    Last edited by C Mart; 05-04-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Not real shocking. He was the best CB they had but is old. They paid McGee last year, drafted Gilmore, and still have Aaron Williams and Leodis McKelvin. CB is their deepest position. Still not sure why they drafted yet anther to begin with.

He will wind up in NE.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4459594]He will wind up in NE.[/QUOTE]

Don't want him? Or just assume we won't get him?

Don't see him with the Jet's. The Jet's would like a 4th corner and I doubt Florence sees himself in that role.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=gsulli5861;4459618]Don't see him with the Jet's. The Jet's would like a 4th corner and I doubt Florence sees himself in that role.[/QUOTE]

He'd be a nice addition. He's still got some game left in him.

But you're right, a team needing a starting CB would probably be his first choice.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Dreamers;4459578]Not real shocking. He was the best CB they had but is old. They paid McGee last year, drafted Gilmore, and still have Aaron Williams and Leodis McKelvin. CB is their deepest position. Still not sure why they drafted yet anther to begin with.[/QUOTE]

BAP?

Jets Insider VIP
    don't think he can transition to SS

and the Jets have two of the best starting corners in the league and one of the best nickel corners in the league

DEPTH.

He just might want to play with a WINNING TEAM for a little part of his career...

[QUOTE=Baddniss;4459754]DEPTH.

He just might want to play with a WINNING TEAM for a little part of his career...[/QUOTE]

So, again, who is he going to sign with? Not the Jet Titanic...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SOJFsCAT;4459759]So, again, who is he going to sign with? Not the Jet Titanic...[/QUOTE]

please hurry up and f---ing sink, already, clown

I thought years ago when he was coming out that Florence would be a good safety in the NFL. But who knows if he'd be receptive to a role switch at this point in his career. It could add years onto his career, but there's usually more money in being a mediocre corner then being a good safety that most guys wouldn't risk it.