Thread: Cumberland?

Cumberland?

Whats up with him? Rehabbing? Coming back this year?

Jets Insider VIP
    b)

All League
    [QUOTE=Flymax;4460588]Whats up with him? Rehabbing? Coming back this year?[/QUOTE]

yeah, i almost forgot about the kid too.. no updates from this end.. JI??

Jets Insider VIP
    Tough injury to come back from. Probably still rehabbing, but he might never be the same. Hope he proves me wrong though, I really liked him during the beginning of last season.

[url]http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/232193/cumberland-(achilles)-95-percent-recovered[/url]

Jets TE Jeff Cumberland is "95 percent" recovered from Achilles surgery.
    "I'm feeling real well," Cumberland said. "I'm out there doing everything else everybody is doing." Cumberland will have to be fully healthy to compete for a roster spot in training camp.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... suggs on the ravens saying he'll make it back for post-season from his achilles ... uuhhhhmmmmm .... sorry dude ... no chance bro ...

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4460776]... suggs on the ravens saying he'll make it back for post-season from his achilles ... uuhhhhmmmmm .... sorry dude ... no chance bro ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]
    I predict the Ravens won't be in the postseason. So Suggs will have to wait until 2013 anyway.

who was the player who came back from an ACL injury the same year? Somebody did it and I can't remember who. Anyone know the answer?

[QUOTE=estang74;4461181]who was the player who came back from an ACL injury the same year? Somebody did it and I can't remember who. Anyone know the answer?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=MarkyMarkSanchez;4461404]welker?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Welker blew out his knee in the final regular season game and was back on the field for training camp. Then had a fantastic year. That was crazy, especially for a guy whose entire game is dependent on being able to make quick cuts.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=estang74;4461181]who was the player who came back from an ACL injury the same year? Somebody did it and I can't remember who. Anyone know the answer?[/QUOTE]

ACL's are much easier to come back from than Achilles injuries, especially for a player that has to plant, pivot, and run constantly.

I'm pulling for Jeff, though.

Hope the guy pulls through. It would be a shame if he didn't given the brilliant glimpses he gave us last year. If he comes back, Hayden Smith turns out to be a keeper then TE could be a surprising strength this year after suffering through mad Mully's mishaps...
    Jets need better blocking all round from the TE's too, especially since Hunter and others have been wailing about it...

jets offense is going to be running and Gunning by mid season with the addition's of [B]TE/Hayden Smith,[/B] WR/Hill, RB/ Ganaway, WR/Jordan White and TEBOW!!!

JETS WEAPONS!!!

TE - Keller, Smith, Baker or Cumby??maybe , no bigdeal! [B]jets are set at TE[/B]WR - Hill,Holmes,Kerley,Turner,White,Shilens,Burd,Ganaway,Pollard,Riley
    RB -Greene,Ganaway,Powell,Griffin,McKnight

Veteran
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4461413]ACL's are much easier to come back from than Achilles injuries, especially for a player that has to plant, pivot, and run constantly.

I'm pulling for Jeff, though.[/QUOTE]

Especially when inducing massive amounts of HGH with every meal. I'm sure Suggs like welker will be hitting the HGH hard.

Rod Woodson blew out his knee on Opening Day 1995, then came back to play in the Super Bowl that same season. Even broke up a pass intended for Deion Sanders.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jerry Rice came back the same season and proceeded to fracture his patella. A common injury when returning too soon from ACL replacement surgery that uses the patella tendon as the new ACL.

[QUOTE=jeT.MAC;4461463]jets offense is going to be running and Gunning by mid season with the addition's of [B]TE/Hayden Smith,[/B] WR/Hill, RB/ Ganaway, WR/Jordan White and TEBOW!!!

JETS WEAPONS!!!

TE - Keller, Smith, Baker or Cumby??maybe , no bigdeal! [B]jets are set at TE[/B]WR - Hill,Holmes,Kerley,Turner,White,Shilens,Burd,Ganaway,Pollard,Riley
    RB -Greene,Ganaway,Powell,Griffin,McKnight[/QUOTE]

Huh? Which of those TE's can block? Also, what happens at RB when Green gets injures (as he always does)?

You just posted excitedly on our RB's and TE's which are the biggest questionmarks of any of the units on the team. Followed closely by S and QB.

Leon Washington (over a 12 month period)?

It really is a 15-18 month (minimum) recovery period back to 100%...

^ Leon broke his leg

Cumberland tore his Achilles, a worse injury than a torn ACL