Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pretty high praise for Demario Davis....."Steal of the draft"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    in the wonderful world of negativity known as "Dick Semen-i-land" if Rex says something good about a player, Rex is a bragging loudmouth blowhard and if Rex sits a number one pick on the second day of walkthroughs to look at other players, Rex is admitting that Coples is a BUST....

It's like having 15 Mike Francesas with notepads and recorders hanging around your locker room every day of the offseason

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4460734]Today the media was on Rex for sitting Coples that it may hurt his feelings or the staff doesn't think that highly of him.. Rex can't win, he said I know what Coples can do we took him in the first but I'm trying to evaluate the UDFA's because for many this may be their only shot..[/QUOTE]

Screw the hurt feelings, the media thinks everyone is the girl that they are. Have we heard an explanation yet of why he sat? I'd bet it was that the coaches had seen enough and didn't want to reveal too much to the media.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4460713]Coples is a young Richard Seymour.

Hill is going to be Megatron.

Davis is like Ray Lewis.

All before they even play a down.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, and the Mouth's analysis is always spot on. Jet fans have swallowed the Kool-Aid---the cult leader is Rex.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;4460615] You can play in this league, but can you play for the Jets?[/QUOTE]

WTF does that mean. :confused:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we're gonna complain about what Rex said, can we at least get it right?

All he said was his LEADERSHIP SKILLS reminded him of Lewis. Why can't that be true around a bunch of rookies?

You guys complain about the media distorting things, but you're just as bad . . .

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4460779]WTF does that mean. :confused:[/QUOTE]

Put another way: Only the best can play in the NFL, but only the best of the best can play for the Jets.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm a fan of our coach but I have learned not to believe a word he says before the season starts. He loves every draft signee to death.

Is it the PR people that send him this loquacious misdirection or is it his inner angst-ridden insecure eighteen year old girl that speaks of her boyfriend; who knows ? The mystery of that giddy teenager, Rex Ryan continues ...

Rex, you're a blast, this sport will be dull when you call it quits.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is nothing but Rex making sure everyone is looking at HIM. Rex seeking the spotlight by writing checks his player have to cash. First Coples was Peppers, then Hill was Megatron, now Davis is Ray Lewis. All after one day in shorts and t-shirts.....BRILLIANT :rolleyes:

Why can't he simply say something like, "everyone is working, and we are looking forward to seeing how all that effort translates to the field when we get to camp." Instead the media whore anoints Coples and Hill immediate starters and saddles a small school player with HOF expectations :rolleyes:

Rex might know about defense and he media , but he didn't know his locker room, or team chemistry. Ultimately his career at ESPN will be a lot longer and more successful than his tenure with the Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4460734][B]Today the media was on Rex for sitting Coples that it may hurt his feelings or the staff doesn't think that highly of him.. Rex can't win[/B], he said I know what Coples can do we took him in the first but I'm trying to evaluate the UDFA's because for many this may be their only shot..[/QUOTE]

I agree with you Savage....and I agree with Rex sitting Coples - a player he already knows will be starting - to evaluate other players.

The New York media sucks, that's really all there is to it in my book.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AFCEastFan;4460799]Put another way: Only the best can play in the NFL, but only the best of the best can play for the Jets.[/QUOTE]

:clapper: Thanks for handling that...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;4460708][B]Add in Antonio Allen as a "steal" potentially of the draft, [/B]and the Jets are looking better and better. This was a VERY good Jets draft overall, despite what the supposed experts have graded it, based largely on the notion of risk for the first two picks. I don't believe for a second that Coples is a risk at all. Hill, perhaps. In most drafts if you come away with two starters you're a winner. The Jets definitely did that and more.[/QUOTE]

Pat Kirwan has called AAllen his steal of the draft

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;4460806]This is nothing but Rex making sure everyone is looking at HIM. Rex seeking the spotlight by writing checks his player have to cash. First Coples was Peppers, then Hill was Megatron, now Davis is Ray Lewis. All after one day in shorts and t-shirts.....BRILLIANT :rolleyes:

Why can't he simply say something like, "everyone is working, and we are looking forward to seeing how all that effort translates to the field when we get to camp." Instead the media whore anoints Coples and Hill immediate starters and saddles a small school player with HOF expectations :rolleyes:

Rex might know about defense and he media , but he didn't know his locker room, or team chemistry. Ultimately his career at ESPN will be a lot longer and more successful than his tenure with the Jets.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but nobody is criticizes Mayock for comparing Chandler Jones to Lawrence Taylor. Give me a break. Sucking the dick of Bellichick is overrated now a days. What do you want Rex to say that his draft picks sucked? Geez

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good stuff. I hope this kid is a beast. It would be nice to get a great player in the draft. It has been a few years since we drafted a future HOF.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ARodFLKeysJetsFan;4460615]Sorry if this was posted already....

Rex Ryan likens Jets rookie linebacker Demario Davis' leadership skills to Ray Lewis

BY Manish Mehta

Rex Ryan has never been bashful of making grandiose predictions, projections or comparisons. Whether it was scribbling “Soon to Be Champs” on an ESPN tour bus or proclaiming that an aging Derrick Mason would catch 90 or so balls, Ryan isn’t afraid to take a leap of faith. On Friday, he took another.

[B]Ryan likened third-round pick Demario Davis’ “natural leadership skills” to Ravens’ great Ray Lewis.[/B]

“You can have a list of 500 numbers up there on a wall, but how many real leaders are up there?” Ryan said on the first day of rookie mini-camp. “It’s easy to say, ‘Well, this guy was a leader for his football team.’ But does he have that thing that he can lead men? That’s rare. Some guys have it. Ray Lewis had it when he came in. The day he walked into Baltimore, he was the leader of that defense. That was one year before I got there. That’s what they all said. When I got there, he was clearly the leader. It’s strange… but what kind of motivator is Ray Lewis? Ray Lewis motivated me as a coach. That’s rare for a player to do that (and) have that kind of ability. I’m not saying Demario is that guy, but… and there’s only one Ray Lewis… but it’s interesting.”

“His face. His mannerisms. Passion,” Ryan continued. “I see some things.…. It’s interesting… When you watch him on the tape, he pops off the tape. Like I said, he reminds me of a young Bart Scott: A guy that’s just full of energy, flying all over the place and couldn’t wait to hit somebody. That’s kind of how he reminds me.”

Davis played both strong and weak-side linebacker at Arkansas State, but will be moved inside in the Jets’ 3-4 scheme. [B]The feeling inside the organization is that Davis could be the steal of the draft.[/B]

His speed could make him a candidate to play on obvious passing downs. Defensive coordinator Mike Pettine admitted earlier in the week that the front seven had become “dinosaurish” last season. Gang Green consistently struggled covering tight end in space as well.

“You either have it or you don’t and it seems like he has it,” Ryan said. “There’s some guys that have that natural leadership and he has some of that. That’s what you love in a linebacker.”

Davis already talked about Ryan’s “Play like a Jet” mantra.

“We think we’re special here,” Ryan said. “I know we had a bad year. Granted… I’ll say that with every statement, but I know one thing: We want it to be special. You can play in this league, but can you play for the Jets? Again, we want that attitude and that mentality… that this is the place to be. We want everything you got. … I think that young man understands it.”

[url]http://twitter.com/TheJetsStream[/url][/QUOTE]
    WOw...Rex is speaking up. Sounds good but so did CAN'T WAIT right up until the Steeler game.

I now need to see it first. REX talks like a used car salesman.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sg3;4460739]in the wonderful world of negativity known as "Dick Semen-i-land" if Rex says something good about a player, Rex is a bragging loudmouth blowhard and if Rex sits a number one pick on the second day of walkthroughs to look at other players, Rex is admitting that Coples is a BUST....

It's like having 15 Mike Francesas with notepads and recorders hanging around your locker room every day of the offseason[/QUOTE]

well said and I agree with you!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4460713]Coples is a young Richard Seymour.

Hill is going to be Megatron.

Davis is like Ray Lewis.

All before they even play a down.[/QUOTE]

:zzz::zzz:your negativity is::zzz:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4460816]Yes, but nobody is criticizes Mayock for comparing Chandler Jones to Lawrence Taylor. Give me a break. Sucking the dick of Bellichick is overrated now a days. What do you want Rex to say that his draft picks sucked? Geez[/QUOTE]I don't care what any Mediot says, though at least Mayock works at it. Listen to what BB says, and all he says is that he will see how things work out in TC. He hasn't anointed any starters, and hasn't compared his draft picks to HOFers...and he won't

BTW- Mayock never compared Jones to Taylor. He just said he thought that 3 years from now Jones might be deemed the best defensive player to come out of this draft. Right now all he is an very interesting bottom third of the first round prospect. I have great hopes, but lower expectations.

All I know right now is that the offense should be just as good and the defense should be better......and that's a good start

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex continues to make himself and the JETS look foolish. Knowledgeable fans would question:

Is Rex Ryan evaluating the leadership skills of Davis the same way he evaluated the leadership skills of Santonio Holmes before he made him captain?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4460841]:zzz::zzz:your negativity is::zzz:[/QUOTE]

How is that negative?

Rex and Clink have compared all of those rookie players to the players I listed. That is a fact.

The rookies have not played a down in the NFL That is a fact.

Go back to sleep. When you awake I am sure there will be some more Kool-Aid for you to drink. Maybe you had one too many Mint Juleps today.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 05-05-2012 at 09:49 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;4460850]I don't care what any Mediot says, though at least Mayock works at it. Listen to what BB says, and all he says is that he will see how things work out in TC. He hasn't anointed any starters, and hasn't compared his draft picks to HOFers...and he won't

BTW- Mayock never compared Jones to Taylor. He just said he thought that 3 years from now Jones might be deemed the best defensive player to come out of this draft. Right now all he is an very interesting bottom third of the first round prospect. I have great hopes, but lower expectations.

All I know right now is that the offense should be just as good and the defense should be better......and that's a good start[/QUOTE]

BB never says anything. Ever. Even the guys on WEEI poke fun at how, during his contractual weekly radio spots, he's not going to give any information about anything or answer any questions beyond vague generalizations. It's boring. And, backfires horribly when he loses super bowls and playoff games.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2