Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patriots sign RB - Joseph Addai

Patriots sign RB - Joseph Addai

As per Rotoworld

[QUOTE][B]Patriots signed RB Joseph Addai, formerly of the Colts.[/B]

Addai visited the Patriots last month, but otherwise received no other known interest on the free agent market. In New England, Addai's primary responsibilities will be relegated to third-down situations. Stevan Ridley remains the leading candidate for early-down work, while 2011 second-round pick Shane Vereen and Danny Woodhead are complementary, change-of-pace options.

[SIZE="1"]Related: Shane Vereen, Stevan Ridley
    Source: Mike Chappell on Twitter[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

He suuuucks. Thank God they didn't trade up to get Trent Richardson.

3 TDs minimum when we play the Pats though the first game.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    great pick-up

7 years ago

Jets Insider VIP
    another desperate attempt to the hole left when the law firm decided to flee the land of satan and faulk started collecting his social security payments.

I think these Ridley and Vereen guys should be handed the one-two running back slots and they can keep Woodcock around for special situations. Certainly no need to repeat the Fred Taylor mistake of a few seasons ago

All League
    I think it's a good pickup. Yeah, he's not the same guy he was in 2009, but he's only 29 years old, was injured in 2010, and was playing behind that god-awful Colts team last year.

The Patriots rushing game sucked last year... good for them trying to improve it.

Draft two RBs year ago. Pick up FA RB one year later... loooooool

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4460781]He suuuucks. Thank God they didn't trade up to get Trent Richardson.

3 TDs minimum when we play the Pats though the first game.[/QUOTE]

Really? Your gonna hold the Pats to only 21 points?

:cool:

[QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4460815]Really? Your gonna hold the Pats to only 21 points?

:cool:[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5mmxBWuqNCg/TxwBqgWAR_I/AAAAAAAABBA/l0k_oKEGD_g/s1600/7efc0b3f_not_sure_if_serious_jack_nicholson_the_shining.jpeg[/IMG]

3rd down back/passing situations. That's it.

I don't get why they don't give more faith to Ridley and Vereen. Sure, there is the occasional fumble threat, but their passing attack is always lights out. Why take away carries from the young guys to give them a back past his prime.

if the jets made the moves the pats did, they would be ripped for being in "desparation, win now" mode

All League
    He's terrible as a RB but he can pick up a blitz. Something the young guys and Woodhead really can't do well.

Breaking News...according to Peter King and every one on ESPN this is the greatest signing in NFL history..along with last year's signing of Fat Albert and Ochostinco...wait you mean the Hoodie makes mistakes?Uncle Peter says that they never do!

[QUOTE=MagroCrag;4460819]I don't get why they don't give more faith to Ridley and Vereen. Sure, there is the occasional fumble threat, but their passing attack is always lights out. Why take away carries from the young guys to give them a back past his prime.[/QUOTE]

He'll be asked to play the Faulk role on 3rd downs only. A sure handed guy only needing a yard or two, or to catch a short pass out of the backfield, or as an extra pass rush blocker for Brady. Hardly an indication they have lost faith in the two younguns.

[QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4460826]He'll be asked to play the Faulk role on 3rd downs only. A sure handed guy only needing a yard or two, or to catch a short pass out of the backfield, or as an extra pass rush blocker for Brady. Hardly an indication they have lost faith in the two younguns.[/QUOTE]

I'd lay coin that if healthy and on the team during the season, Addai has more carries than Ridley and Vareen combined...

I feel embarrassed by my fellow Jets fans. The fact that any of us are laughing at another team is just hilarious.

All League
    [QUOTE=rep;4460790]I think it's a good pickup. Yeah, he's not the same guy he was in 2009, but he's only 29 years old, was injured in 2010, and was playing behind that god-awful Colts team last year.

The Patriots rushing game sucked last year... good for them trying to improve it.[/QUOTE] The Pats were always going to bring in a veteran RB to TC. They are going to keep 5 RBs. Woodhead, vareen. and Ridley are locks. Interestingly the Pats currently have 3 FBs on the roster. This is a position the Pats haven't used the last 3 years. Just because the Pats signed Addai doesn't mean he'll make the team. He's just ANOTHER seasoned pro, who will have a chance to make this team.

BTW- if you think the Pats rushing game sucked, what does that say about the Jets running game, since the Pats finished ahead of them. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4460830]I'd lay coin that if healthy and on the team during the season, Addai has more carries than Ridley and Vareen combined...[/QUOTE]

If he's healthy and effective, I can accept that. It's not like they are paying him a crazy muti-year deal with high guaranteed money.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see him not make it out of camp.

[QUOTE=patsfanken;4460832]The Pats were always going to bring in a veteran RB to TC. They are going to keep 5 RBs. Woodhead, vareen. and Ridley are locks. Interestingly the Pats currently have 3 FBs on the roster. This is a position the Pats haven't used the last 3 years. Just because the Pats signed Addai doesn't mean he'll make the team. He's just ANOTHER seasoned pro, who will have a chance to make this team.

BTW- if you think the Pats rushing game sucked, what does that say about the Jets running game, since the Pats finished ahead of them. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

ground and pound baby.........:D

[QUOTE=IHATEDOLPHINS;4460825]Breaking News...according to Peter King and every one on ESPN this is the greatest signing in NFL history..along with last year's signing of Fat Albert and Ochostinco...wait you mean the Hoodie makes mistakes?Uncle Peter says that they never do![/QUOTE]

The Pats signed a bunch of FAs last year all for short money without big signings bonus. You brought up 2 that didn't worked out. Didn't bring up Pro Bowlers Brian Waters and Andre Carter or Mark Anderson and his 10 sacks.

The thing you don't get is there is no such as a bad NFL signing as long as the signing bonus is small.

Look at the Pats signings this year 3 middle $ guys Gregory, Faenae and Lloyd. The rest Larsen Fiametta Addai Gonzalez Gafney Stallworth Fells Gallery Scott Allen Cole and Carpenter were low cost FAs. Low risk high reward just like last year. It also gives something that the Jets aren't familar with "DEPTH".