Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Little League Ethics

8-9 year olds? Send Eric to bed early and no more cookies at after game snack time I say. That'll learn him.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    A. Someone should punch Eriks father in the mouth.
    B. WADR, I hope that's a rare occasion in your Little League program.

Little League isnt what it used to be. Back when I played you field a team or you forfeit. Back when I coached there was too much parental involvement from all the wrong parents who wanted to manage,coach,umpire and play from the bleachers. Its only a LL game. The game should have been deemed a foreit from the get go.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4461316]Little League isnt what it used to be. Back when I played you field a team or you forfeit. Back when I coached there was too much parental involvement from all the wrong parents who wanted to manage,coach,umpire and play from the bleachers. Its only a LL game. The game should have been deemed a foreit from the get go.[/QUOTE]

=============================================

It's not about you, it's about the kids.
    It's not fair of you to blame you're shortcomings as a coach entirely on the parents, you need to accept responsibility if you are ever going to be able to move forward.

[QUOTE=gunnails;4461333]=============================================

It's not about you, it's about the kids.
    It's not fair of you to blame you're shortcomings as a coach entirely on the parents, you need to accept responsibility if you are ever going to be able to move forward.[/QUOTE]

No **** Sherlock.

I know its about the kids. I said way too much parental involvement and those same parents move onto high school sports and sometimes college and still want to be involved.

Jets Insider VIP
    I like good sportsmanship but the fact that the coach of the team hid the fact that kids had to leave was a load of crap. He should have attempted to reschedule the game and by not doing so, his team should have either forfeited the game.

Or maybe the other coach could have allowed em to play 7 players and each time 8 and 9 came up in the batting order, they should have gotten outs for each. And they should have had to field 7 players as well. No players from the other team allowed.

Actions have consequences. It's a fact of life and it would be a lesson learned.

A tough lesson? Yes, but a lesson none the less.

This happened to us when we were kids and we were forced to forfeit the game. We were disappointed but in an effort to have all of the kids have fun, a kid from the other team played on our team in what amounted to an exhibition game.

The kid played hard for us and we all had a lot of fun.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4461335]No **** Sherlock.

I know its about the kids. I said way too much parental involvement and those same parents move onto high school sports and sometimes college and still want to be involved.[/QUOTE]

================================================

Sure, blame the parents, any one but you, as you stalk these poor parents to there children's colleges.

[QUOTE=gunnails;4461350]================================================

Sure, blame the parents, any one but you, as you stalk these poor parents to there children's colleges.[/QUOTE]

Go play in traffic. You are probably one of those PIA parents who thinks his son is the next Derek Jeter. I know your kind.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=gunnails;4461333]

It's not fair of you to blame you're shortcomings as a coach entirely on the parents, you need to accept responsibility if you are ever going to be able to move forward.

[/QUOTE]

Somebody had to say it.

_

[QUOTE=gunnails;4461333]=============================================

It's not fair of you to blame you're shortcomings as a coach entirely on the parents, you need to accept responsibility if you are ever going to be able to move forward.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=JStokes;4461400]Somebody had to say it.

_[/QUOTE]

Hardly the case gentlemen and I use that term very loosely. If you guys have half of the experiences and the success I had coaching baseball and football you might understand. I doubt either of you will ever be given the opportunity to coach,maybe you might be allowed to pick up litter around the fields.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4461459]Hardly the case gentlemen and I use that term very loosely. If you guys have half of the experiences and the success I had coaching baseball and football you might understand. I doubt either of you will ever be given the opportunity to coach,maybe you might be allowed to pick up litter around the fields.[/QUOTE]

My poop came out a little easier today.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4461459]Hardly the case gentlemen and I use that term very loosely. If you guys have half of the experiences and the success I had coaching baseball and football you might understand. I doubt either of you will ever be given the opportunity to coach,maybe you might be allowed to pick up litter around the fields.[/QUOTE]

I used to think you were a doosh.

Thanks for confirming it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Dude, is there anyone you havent alienated and gone at it with on this board?

-

[QUOTE=32green;4461467]Dude, is there anyone you havent alienated and gone at it with on this board?

-[/QUOTE]

He was a very successful coach.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[IMG]http://www.tvsinopse.kinghost.net/l/leave-it-to-beaver3_arquivos/tvsinopse11006.jpg[/IMG]

apparently every town has a Lumpy Rutherford...the good news is he won't get a date to the sock hop

All Pro

=============================================

When will you understand it's not about you and you're personal achievements.

Little League is there to promote, develop, supervise, and voluntarily assist in all lawful ways, the interest of those who will participate in Little League Baseball and Softball, the children.

Blaming the parents and there children just illustrates you're inability to relate to those who are just trying to do the right thing. While you brag about you're coaching achievements in Little League, it is left to others to assists children in developing the qualities of citizenship, discipline, teamwork and physical well-being. By espousing the virtues of character, courage and loyalty, the Little League Baseball and Softball program is designed to develop superior citizens rather than superior athletes and coaches.

Parents are encouraged to become involved in Little League , they are not the problem and neither are the kids.

Negativity just makes a bad coach worst.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=green&white;4460905]Come on man. These aren't high school kids. Sounds like it's not even a "travel" team. Probably a 1/4 of the kids on the rec teams don't even care if they're there or not. Since it was several of them that had to leave, what if they had to leave to go to their 1st communion? Should they have blown that off? What if they committed to something else before the baseball schedule came out? Where does their committment lie then? The answer isn't always so easy.[/QUOTE]

You give your coach notice, he either reschedules the game or calls up players from the 7-year olds to play for him in place of the 8s. There are always kids that want to play - my youngest son and his buddy played in a 'minors' (9/10 year-olds) game at 12:45p, then played their own 8s have at 5p. A team needed players for a 3p game, but I found 2 other kids, it was cutting it too close to their own game, and he had to pitch for his 8s. Point is, there are always kids that want to play, and most leagues keri a lost of better players from the younger division for this purpose.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Christ, fargin youth sports has invaded the Hampur.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4461459]

maybe you might be allowed to pick up litter around the fields.[/QUOTE]

You keep saying "I am NOT a Dick".

Guess what, you're wrong.

You're an incredible dick.

_

All League
    [QUOTE=FF2;4461494]Christ, fargin youth sports has invaded the Hampur.[/QUOTE]

Because prior to this of course the Hampoor was a sacred cloister for learn-ed and sage men, an inner sanctum in which they discussed with patience, aplomb, and wit both eternal questions and important issues of the day. :rolleyes:

I really hope Gunnails is wrong about the tick on my wee-wee. :(