Thread: Jets agree to four-year deal with sixth-round pick Josh Bush

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets agree to four-year deal with sixth-round pick Josh Bush

[URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/JennyVrentas"][B]Jenny Vrentas[/B] ‏ @[B]JennyVrentas[/B][/URL]
    Jets agree to four-year deal with sixth-round pick Josh Bush: Bush is second Jets draft pick to agree to terms

The Jets are making quick work of signing their new rookies, agreeing to terms today on a four-year deal with sixth-round draft pick Josh Bush, according to a person with knowledge of the agreement.

That person requested anonymity because the Jets have not announced they have reached an agreement with Bush. Terms of the deal were not immediately disclosed.

Bush, a safety out of Wake Forest, was drafted No. 187 overall. He adds much-needed depth to the safety position and, with experience at both cornerback and safety, could help the defense as a cover safety.

“You need guys that have man cover skills, especially if you play a defense like us, and guys with range,” coach Rex Ryan said. “I think he has that. He has ball skills.”

Bush is the second of the Jets’ eight draft picks to agree to terms. Second-round pick Stephen Hill, a receiver from Georgia Tech, agreed to a deal Thursday, just in time for the start of rookie mini-camp

Rookie deals are easier to strike with the wage scale under the new collective bargaining agreement.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4461079][URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/JennyVrentas"][B]Jenny Vrentas[/B] ‏ @[B]JennyVrentas[/B][/URL]
    Jets agree to four-year deal with sixth-round pick Josh Bush: Bush is second Jets draft pick to agree to terms

The Jets are making quick work of signing their new rookies, agreeing to terms today on a four-year deal with sixth-round draft pick Josh Bush, according to a person with knowledge of the agreement.

That person requested anonymity because the Jets have not announced they have reached an agreement with Bush. Terms of the deal were not immediately disclosed.

Bush, a safety out of Wake Forest, was drafted No. 187 overall. He adds much-needed depth to the safety position and, with experience at both cornerback and safety, could help the defense as a cover safety.

“You need guys that have man cover skills, especially if you play a defense like us, and guys with range,” coach Rex Ryan said. “I think he has that. He has ball skills.”

Bush is the second of the Jets’ eight draft picks to agree to terms. Second-round pick Stephen Hill, a receiver from Georgia Tech, agreed to a deal Thursday, just in time for the start of rookie mini-camp

Rookie deals are easier to strike with the wage scale under the new collective bargaining agreement.[/QUOTE]

I have a good feeling about this kid.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we are all going to love, fans and Vets, the new rookie wage scale.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4461084]I have a good feeling about this kid.[/QUOTE]

+1..As well as the UDFA Ryan Steed. Seem like the same type of player

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This kid is a sleeper and he has the talent to start by the end of the year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    imo the reason why the patsies moved up in the draft was because of the new rookie wage scale. the downside risk for overpaying a bad pick just isn't there anymore.

[QUOTE=gunnails;4461085]I think we are all going to love, fans and Vets, the new rookie wage scale.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    :D The Jets got two gems at safety with Bush and the kid from south Carolina......I saw quite a bit of them in college.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I knew more about Allen in college than Bush, but why did these guys drop so far if everyone is seemingly so high on them? I understand a bit with Allen as he didn't really play safety - he was more of a hybrid player (they referred to it as "spur" I think). But if Bush is truly a "cover" safety/CB, why the drop.....especially in a draft devoid of safties?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4461649]I knew more about Allen in college than Bush, but why did these guys drop so far if everyone is seemingly so high on them? I understand a bit with Allen as he didn't really play safety - he was more of a hybrid player (they referred to it as "spur" I think). But if Bush is truly a "cover" safety/CB, why the drop.....especially in a draft devoid of safties?[/QUOTE]

Bush in my opinion dropped a lot because he was pretty bad.as a corner so he had only one year to play safety at the college level. Plus he was on a bad team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mavericknyc1980;4461668]Bush in my opinion dropped a lot because he was pretty bad.as a corner so he had only one year to play safety at the college level. Plus he was on a bad team.[/QUOTE]

He also wasn't invited to the combine..To his credit Tony Pauline had Bush on his radar for months..