Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NYJETS sign Matt Simms QB

NYJETS sign Matt Simms QB

[url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/05/jets_sign_qb_matt_simms_son_of.html[/url]

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4461235][url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/05/jets_sign_qb_matt_simms_son_of.html[/url][/QUOTE]

I guess this means Kinne doesn't stick. Was pulling for the kid. Sanchez, Tebow, Simms/Kinne/McElroy. Which one of those last three goes away?

McElroy is the far most talented of the bunch. I sure hope his mouth didnt cost him a spot on this team.

Hall Of Fame
    Definitely worth a look. You never know when the pedigree might kick in.

Loses starting job in college, gets signed by an NFL team. That makes a lot of sense. :huh:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4461248]McElroy is the far most talented of the bunch. I sure hope his mouth didnt cost him a spot on this team.[/QUOTE]

Why is he the most talented, have you seen the others in action yet?

[QUOTE=bcess;4461253]Why is he the most talented, have you seen the others in action yet?[/QUOTE]

Yes I saw both Simms and Kinne play in college. Next question. :rolleyes:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4461255]Yes I saw both Simms and Kinne play in college. Next question. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Help me out with what makes mcilroy far more talented
    Last edited by bcess; 05-06-2012 at 03:43 PM.

Wouldn't say talent is the highlight of McElroy's game. Smart? Sure. Accurate? Seems to be. But 6'1" or so with a so-so arm doesn't exactly scream someone gifted with natural talents. That's why he was a 7th round pick. I think his roster spot is absolutely on the line, for reasons moreso then his mouth. I'd say Kinne is more a threat to McElroy's job status then Simms though, but maybe they see Simms as a potential practice squad guy, who knows.

Practice Squad
    championship!

[QUOTE=bcess;4461257]Help me out with what makes mcilroy far more talented[/QUOTE]

McElroy won a National Championship at Alabama hes got great skills and a seems to be an accurate passer who doesnt make alot of mistakes.

McElroy threw a floater in the preseason. The faster he is gone the better IMO.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4461274]McElroy won a National Championship at Alabama hes got great skills and a seems to be an accurate passer who doesnt make alot of mistakes.[/QUOTE]

McElroy junior and senior season 5500 yards 37 Tds

Kinney 6700 yards 59 Tds

And Tebow. 5600 yards 51 Tds. And 26 rushing Tds.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4461248]McElroy is the far most talented of the bunch. I sure hope his mouth didnt cost him a spot on this team.[/QUOTE]

we know one thing: McElroy played and won in the SEC. he also won a championship. The guy has it!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bcess;4461283]McElroy junior and senior season 5500 yards 37 Tds

Kinney 6700 yards 59 Tds

And Tebow. 5600 yards 51 Tds. And 26 rushing Tds.[/QUOTE]

Please mention the fact that what McElroy did was against the toughest defenses in college football and won a National Championship.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bcess;4461257]Help me out with what makes mcilroy far more talented[/QUOTE]

why not do the reaearch yourself. Then you would know!

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4461292]Please mention the fact that what McElroy did was against the toughest defenses in college football and won a National Championship.[/QUOTE]

The point is a good college career doesn't make one a good pro qb

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4461294]why not do the reaearch yourself. Then you would know![/QUOTE]

The thread starter said McElroy was far ahead of the other qbs, I wanted to know why he or she thought so

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4461291]we know one thing: McElroy played and won in the SEC. he also won a championship. The guy has it![/QUOTE]

Probably the only QB that will understand the playbook at the start of the season. Others are camp arms.