Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NYJETS sign Matt Simms QB

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4461292]Please mention the fact that what McElroy did was against the toughest defenses in college football and won a National Championship.[/QUOTE]

Correct, also had the best skill players, offensive line etc etc etc, it's all relative

[QUOTE=bcess;4461307]The thread starter said McElroy was far ahead of the other qbs, I wanted to know why he or she thought so[/QUOTE]

By a landslide the smartest QB we have.

[QUOTE=bcess;4461307]The thread starter said McElroy was far ahead of the other qbs, I wanted to know why he or she thought so[/QUOTE]

The thread starter said NYJETS sign Matt Simms QB. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    This is a favor.

[QUOTE=Apache 51;4461315]This is a favor.[/QUOTE]

A favor or more media whoring. I dont know what to believe anymore. :confused:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4461314]The thread starter said NYJETS sign Matt Simms QB. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Quote-
    McElroy is the far most talented of the bunch. I sure hope his mouth didnt cost him a spot on this team.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=bcess;4461319]Quote-
    McElroy is the far most talented of the bunch. I sure hope his mouth didnt cost him a spot on this team.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

That wasnt the thread starter it was a post made in the thread early on. :rolleyes:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4461320]That wasnt the thread starter it was a post made in the thread early on. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Uh you are the thread starter

[QUOTE=bcess;4461323]Uh you are the thread starter[/QUOTE]

Yes I know, but the THREAD STARTER/HEADLINE is NYJETS sign Matt Simms QB......:banghead:

All League
    its because phil always praises sanchez

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4461274]McElroy won a National Championship at Alabama hes got great skills and a seems to be an accurate passer who doesnt make alot of mistakes.[/QUOTE]

McElroy reminds me of Ken Dorsey.

Winning in college doesn't have much to do with NFL success. I like that McElroy is smart, but from what I've read, Simms probably has the best arm of the three, which would make him the most talented.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4461330]McElroy reminds me of Ken Dorsey.

Winning in college doesn't have much to do with NFL success. I like that McElroy is smart, but from what I've read, Simms probably has the best arm of the three, which would make him the most talented.[/QUOTE]

Hallelujah

[QUOTE=JB1089;4461330]McElroy reminds me of Ken Dorsey.

Winning in college doesn't have much to do with NFL success. I like that McElroy is smart, but from what I've read, Simms probably has the best arm of the three, which would make him the most talented.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking he reminds me of pennington, ironically I think he would have been a great fit for schotty's system

Better simmer down. Phil doesn't take criticism of his sons lightly. Not so long ago he confronted Desmond Howard saying:

“Hey Desmond, I saw the tape. You called my son (Tennessee football player Matt Simms) the worst quarterback in the country.”

To which Howard replied:
    “I never called your son the worst quarterback in the country, I said that in the Tennessee-LSU game you will see three of the worst quarterbacks in the SEC.”

[QUOTE=Johnny Rico;4461252]F**K DON BOSCO[/QUOTE]

Eat me ... My alma mater !

so let's see, arm strength is the only attribute a qb must have to be talented? to be sure a strong accurate arm is important but it doesn't matter how well the ball is thrown if it's thrown to the wrong guy. doug williams had one of the strongest arms ever but when he played for tampa, he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. elllway too had a really strong arm but he didn't win the sb until his team had a run game. jeff george had a great arm and was accurate yet he was out of football prematurely.

so please don't assess talent as being all arm strength or even accuracy. when it comes to qb's it's about decision making first. a better arm gives the qb more options to chose from.

[QUOTE=bcess;4461332]Hallelujah[/QUOTE]

Veteran
    [QUOTE=sameoldjets;4461355]so let's see, arm strength is the only attribute a qb must have to be talented? to be sure a strong accurate arm is important but it doesn't matter how well the ball is thrown if it's thrown to the wrong guy. doug williams had one of the strongest arms ever but when he played for tampa, he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. elllway too had a really strong arm but he didn't win the sb until his team had a run game. jeff george had a great arm and was accurate yet he was out of football prematurely.

so please don't assess talent as being all arm strength or even accuracy. when it comes to qb's it's about decision making first. a better arm gives the qb more options to chose from.[/QUOTE]

Schitty sucks

All Pro
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4461235][URL]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/05/jets_sign_qb_matt_simms_son_of.html[/URL][/QUOTE]

You may have more story-less links than Kenny by now.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=cant wait;4461334]I was thinking he reminds me of pennington, ironically I think he would have been a great fit for schotty's system[/QUOTE]

I think Schotty's influence brought him to the Jets. Would not be surprised to

a - see him axed

2 - wind up in St. Louis

lastly - not badmouth that team

Let them all fight it out in camp and may the best man win. Open competition for the starting spot between Sanchez, McElroy, Kinne, and Simms. Tebow dedicated to only be the wildcat/gimmick QB.

I do not want Tebow becoming the starter so please, PLEASE...

Sanchez or McElroy get some balls and lay them on the line.