Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone Tried to Upgrade or Add Seats in the Upper Deck?

Has anyone Tried to Upgrade or Add Seats in the Upper Deck?

A few weeks ago I was thinking of getting an extra pair in UD in case I want to bring the kids. All they had for me was lousy seats, but told me to call back the first week in May as they gave existing season ticket holders up to May 1st to pay up for seats. So I give them a call today to see what they have. Since everyone has been saying there are thousands of empty seats in Upper Deck and plenty of non renewals. I figured maybe I get some good seats today.

Well this is all I was offered this morning. All pairs

Section 345 Row 4 aisle, Section 341 Row 15 and section 340 row 18.

The section 345 are all the way in the corner at $125 near the $95 dollar seats!!! Who the heck would want that. Mind you for $105 or $95 I would take it but to call it UD Prime when it is a corner seat is nuts. The 341 and 340 seats are ok, but nothing so good to grab right now.

So are Jets holding back seats, are more seats sold than we think or are Jets once again extending deadline for UD people to pay in hopes of convincing them to re-up?

Jets Insider VIP
    IMO alkro, it probably won't help much to wait. They probably extended the deadline the usual week like they always do but they have also started the reallocation calls to UDers now and are offering lower row seats to them in order of seniority. Normally I would always advise waiting but in this case, the UDers that renewed in row 24 with long seniority are going to get the prime and lower than row 10 seats on the sidelines

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Alkrotraz;4461628]A few weeks ago I was thinking of getting an extra pair in UD in case I want to bring the kids. All they had for me was lousy seats, but told me to call back the first week in May as they gave existing season ticket holders up to May 1st to pay up for seats. So I give them a call today to see what they have. Since everyone has been saying there are thousands of empty seats in Upper Deck and plenty of non renewals. I figured maybe I get some good seats today.

Well this is all I was offered this morning. All pairs

Section 345 Row 4 aisle, Section 341 Row 15 and section 340 row 18.

The section 345 are all the way in the corner at $125 near the $95 dollar seats!!! Who the heck would want that. Mind you for $105 or $95 I would take it but to call it UD Prime when it is a corner seat is nuts. The 341 and 340 seats are ok, but nothing so good to grab right now.

So are Jets holding back seats, are more seats sold than we think or are Jets once again extending deadline for UD people to pay in hopes of convincing them to re-up?[/QUOTE]

IMO you would be better off buying the games you want for your kids on the secondary market instead of committing to a full season of crappy UD seats. You will never get your money back on the seats you don't use.

FYI now section 315 row 12 and 339 row 13 just opened up. Looks like they are finally releasing seats for non-pmt.

Jets Insider VIP
    the time to act, alkro is after they finish kicking out the non-renewal deadbeats and before they start calling UDers by seniority for relocation. Because those poor souls still up in the higher rows are going to grab up the lower row offers in a NY minute

[QUOTE=sg3;4461681]the time to act, alkro is after they finish kicking out the non-renewal deadbeats and before they start calling UDers by seniority for relocation. Because those poor souls still up in the higher rows are going to grab up the lower row offers in a NY minute[/QUOTE]

WHOOAAA, I already own PSL seats. I just wanted to add some UD seats if they had great one so on the rare times I want to take whole family I can. Otherwise I am just monitoring it. But if they want to toss me UD Prime on 50 yard line first four rows I am there!! But figured I share as lots of people may be interested.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Alkrotraz;4461696]WHOOAAA, I already own PSL seats. I just wanted to add some UD seats if they had great one so on the rare times I want to take whole family I can. Otherwise I am just monitoring it. But if they want to toss me UD Prime on 50 yard line first four rows I am there!! But figured I share as lots of people may be interested.[/QUOTE]

I know you have them, row one...

But if you want to add low row UD seats, don't wait until after they've allocated them to some guy who will be moving down from row 26 in the EZ

[QUOTE=sg3;4461701]I know you have them, row one...

But if you want to add low row UD seats, don't wait until after they've allocated them to some guy who will be moving down from row 26 in the EZ[/QUOTE]

Those few seats I quoted you such as 315 row 12 and 339 row 13 on the 50 yard line are open due to seat relocations. Those are pretty damm good seats. I love to see where those people moved to. I dont think there are many row 26 UD season ticket holders. If any. Even the seat relocations that open up are damm good. Look at your friend 227 he was in primo seats and moved just a few feet down field.

This has become someone in upper deck row two on 48 yard line will ask for a seat upgrade to row one on 50 yard line. Think about it unless you are the fours seats stradling the 50 yard line in first few rows of UD you can ask for a seat upgrade, crazy.

All League
    Due to growing families, we considered adding extra seats in the UD. After doing the math and tracking resale, the numbers just don't work b/c of the annual loss on PS games.

Assume: 2 extras

1) For big games, you will probably pay a little over FV with fees for UD seats;
    2) For crappy games, you will pay significantly below FV for your tickets. 3) You save $400 total right off the bat b/c no PS games; and
    4) You have the option of missing games that you cannot/do not want to attend like Thursday Night home games, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, etc. at no cost. Even if you sell those games at a profit/break even, it is PITA to do so.
    5) You have the option of waiting until the last minute when prices really tank. If the weather is bad, the kids can stay home or you can really get the tickets cheap. I picked up two tickets on SH (instant delivery) in 134 for under $100 including fees and parking to the Dolphins game 2 years ago b/c it was raining and cold. They were practically giving away upper deck seats. Prices were so low I considered getting club seats but the prices there didn't drop as much.

Bottom Line: StubHub has made season tickets in the Upper Deck automatic loser unless you plan on going to every game including preseason
    Last edited by Digetydog; 05-07-2012 at 02:47 PM.

I donated my 4 UD seats to the cause. They wouldnt upgrade me and told me they had nothing better with 4 seats. Good Luck the view up there SUCKS no matter where you sit. :yes:

[QUOTE=Digetydog;4461974]Due to growing families, we considered adding extra seats in the UD. After doing the math and tracking resale, the numbers just don't work b/c of the annual loss on PS games.

Assume: 2 extras

1) For big games, you will probably pay a little over FV with fees for UD seats;
    2) For crappy games, you will pay significantly below FV for your tickets. 3) You save $400 total right off the bat b/c no PS games; and
    4) You have the option of missing games that you cannot/do not want to attend like Thursday Night home games, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, etc. at no cost. Even if you sell those games at a profit/break even, it is PITA to do so.
    5) You have the option of waiting until the last minute when prices really tank. If the weather is bad, the kids can stay home or you can really get the tickets cheap. I picked up two tickets on SH (instant delivery) in 134 for under $100 including fees and parking to the Dolphins game 2 years ago b/c it was raining and cold. They were practically giving away upper deck seats. Prices were so low I considered getting club seats but the prices there didn't drop as much.

Bottom Line: StubHub has made season tickets in the Upper Deck automatic loser unless you plan on going to every game including preseason[/QUOTE]

Diggity, I heard in a few weeks Jets will once again offer UD Season tickets to new customers with no pre-season if you push them. I think if you do UD seats with no preseason the math might work.

Jets also will most likely sell individual games which means just grab them on ticketmaster the second they become available for the 1-3 games that you know will sell above face then just buy the rest of the losers if you need them.

For instance I dont really care about preseason or night games. Therefore half my tickets are worthless. I might not be only one. Jets should offer Day or night package. At least get 1/2 season ticket holders in seats.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4461989]I donated my 4 UD seats to the cause. They wouldnt upgrade me and told me they had nothing better with 4 seats. Good Luck the view up there SUCKS no matter where you sit. :yes:[/QUOTE]

where were your seats? Jets have some pretty good ones. But no UD Prime first nine rows between the 30s that I know of. The money seats.

[QUOTE=Alkrotraz;4462819]where were your seats? Jets have some pretty good ones. But no UD Prime first nine rows between the 30s that I know of. The money seats.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4461989]I donated my 4 UD seats to the cause. They wouldnt upgrade me and told me they had nothing better with 4 seats. Good Luck the view up there SUCKS no matter where you sit. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Where are you looking to upgrade to? Since I have transferred ownership of my PSLs a couple weeks ago, the Jets have called me 3 times trying to sell me new ones. There are non club seats in the lower level and Mezz available.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4462932]Where are you looking to upgrade to? Since I have transferred ownership of my PSLs a couple weeks ago, the Jets have called me 3 times trying to sell me new ones. There are non club seats in the lower level and Mezz available.[/QUOTE]

Do they have any deals? Stadium has 30 year shelf life. Shouldn't PSLs for instance that sold for 30K originally be marked down by Jets 1k a year. I mean it is year three now. Why pay full price when you now only have 28 years of use.

[QUOTE=sec.101row23;4462932]Where are you looking to upgrade to? Since I have transferred ownership of my PSLs a couple weeks ago, the Jets have called me 3 times trying to sell me new ones. There are non club seats in the lower level and Mezz available.[/QUOTE]

I originally was looking at UD between the 30s no higher than row 5. If I didnt use them my son or his friends would as they did last year. The investment wasnt all that much and nothing lost if the tickets sat or I gave them away. There was nothing available with 4 seats.

I then considered a PSL in the Mezz and at the moment im not at all interested.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Alkrotraz;4462945]Do they have any deals? Stadium has 30 year shelf life. Shouldn't PSLs for instance that sold for 30K originally be marked down by Jets 1k a year. I mean it is year three now. Why pay full price when you now only have 28 years of use.[/QUOTE]

Especially when the market value of PSLs on the secondary market typically involves the remaining PSL payments minus the 2 or 3 annual payments already made. There are enough people wanting to dump their PSLs that buying them from the Jets - especially when they only have seats on the "wrong" side of each section - makes no sense at all.....unless the occasional primo seats open up on account of a relocation - like DCat's.

[QUOTE=crasherino;4462956]Especially when the market value of PSLs on the secondary market typically involves the remaining PSL payments minus the 2 or 3 annual payments already made. There are enough people wanting to dump their PSLs that buying them from the Jets - especially when they only have seats on the "wrong" side of each section - makes no sense at all.....unless the occasional primo seats open up on account of a relocation - like DCat's.[/QUOTE]

Theres plenty of people looking to bail in all seats in the PSL zone. I dont need to purchase the NYJETS leftover ****ty seats in the back end of the Mezz. No thanks

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Alkrotraz;4462945]Do they have any deals? Stadium has 30 year shelf life. Shouldn't PSLs for instance that sold for 30K originally be marked down by Jets 1k a year. I mean it is year three now. Why pay full price when you now only have 28 years of use.[/QUOTE]

No deals except for the coaches club seats. The jets do not see the whole 30 year self life the way the rest of us see it yet.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4462963]Theres plenty of people looking to bail in all seats in the PSL zone. I dont need to purchase the NYJETS leftover ****ty seats in the back end of the Mezz. No thanks[/QUOTE]

Soon the Jets will start selling Mezz Clubs, Coaches Club and Great Hall Club at face. I already can feel the screaming that will happen from existing season ticketholders.

Letting once thousand $95 dollar seats empty no big deal. Letting 1,000 $700 dollar seats is a huge deal.