Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Football Gameplan's 2012 Draft Grades Video - New York Jets

Football Gameplan's 2012 Draft Grades Video - New York Jets

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD_KSeqre7M"]2012 Draft Grades Video - NY Jets[/URL]

Good morning Jets fans! Here's my draft grades video for you guys!

Enjoy!

Em

Jets Insider VIP
    thanks for posting, Em

I understand preferring Alshon to Hill, but it's not like it's clear cut. It's polish and maturity versus upside. For me the definitive thing about Hill is his attitude. He's dead serious. Grounded. Ready to work. Should be highly coachable. I love that pick in the 40s.

I'll go on record again saying we're really going to love Demario Davis. He might even turn into the most consistent contributor from this year's draft class.

it continues to puzzle me why so many are down on coples. last night ray lucas trashed him again. it's as if people think the guy is gholston reincarnated. he's being written a bust before he ever steps onto a field. draft grades and evaluations really depend mostly on which team drafts a guy.

Jets Insider VIP
    ray lucas??

please, child

ray lucas is a failed football player, a drug abuser and a mediocrity covering football on a baseball cable network

[QUOTE=sg3;4461751]ray lucas??

please, child

ray lucas is a failed football player, a drug abuser and a mediocrity covering football on a baseball cable network[/QUOTE]

Ray Lucas thinks hes the Dan Marino of the Jets.....and Adam Schien cant say anything with yelling the first syllable of every work out of his mouth.....replace both these guys please!!!!! He said if Couples is a bust the draft is a bust?? so if 6 out of the 7 picks make the probowl the draft sucks...ok:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Very nice video. Nicely done. Thanks got sharing.

A couple of thoughts . . . there seems to be some disagreement among analysts with regards to Hill's "playing speed". Seems like half of them say he plays just as fast as his 40 time and the other half say he doesn't play as fast. You are the first person I have heard questioning he playing to his height. I understand what you mean. But I think in the limited opportunities he has, he used his body well. He definitely is not as polished as other WRs but I think he has a good work ethic and his personality will be a good fit for this team. He will grow with Sanchez.

Keep up the good work. Please share some more of your videos.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 05-07-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Hall Of Fame

please, child

ray lucas is a failed football player, a drug abuser and a mediocrity covering football on a baseball cable network[/QUOTE]

Better that then a failed forum poster.

On his worst day he brings more to the table than you do on your best day.

[QUOTE=sg3;4461693]thanks for posting, Em[/QUOTE]

Thanks Homie!! I appreciate that!:cool:

[QUOTE=Tackleem;4461737]I understand preferring Alshon to Hill, but it's not like it's clear cut. It's polish and maturity versus upside. For me the definitive thing about Hill is his attitude. He's dead serious. Grounded. Ready to work. Should be highly coachable. I love that pick in the 40s.

[B][I]I'll go on record again saying we're really going to love Demario Davis. He might even turn into the most consistent contributor from this year's draft class[/I][/B].[/QUOTE]

I played in the Sun Belt and still pay very close attention to it (as I do with all football leagues & conferences :) But TRUST me when I tell you that you guys got a HUGE steal in Davis

[QUOTE=augustiniak;4461746]it continues to puzzle me why so many are down on coples. last night ray lucas trashed him again. it's as if people think the guy is gholston reincarnated. he's being written a bust before he ever steps onto a field. draft grades and evaluations really depend mostly on which team drafts a guy.[/QUOTE]

The one thing that Coples provides is depth along the line..and the ability to get to the passer from the 5-Tech spot. His length and athleticism is what's the intriguing addition to the Jets Dline

please, child

LOL! Sg3 jumped off the top rope on this one!

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4461777]Very nice video. Nicely done. Thanks got sharing.

A couple of thoughts . . . there seems to be some disagreement among analysts with regards to Hill's "playing speed". Seems like half of them say he plays just as fast as his 40 time and the other half say he doesn't play as fast. You are the first person I have heard questioning he playing to his height. I understand what you mean. But I think in the limited opportunities he has, he used his body well. He definitely is not as polished as other WRs but I think he has a good work ethic and his personality will be a good fit for this team. He will grow with Sanchez.

Keep up the good work. Please share some more of your videos.[/QUOTE]

Thanks DDNY!!! Much appreciated!! I will be here all off-season and during the season!

One more tidbit to add about Hill is that he's mostly a forearm & body catcher. That limits his RAC. To me, the Jets need a guy that's explosive. You guys have a bunch of possession guys and one-semi explosive guy in Holmes. Hill's development (judging by where he was drafted) needs to be expedited.

[QUOTE=EmDiggy;4461836]Thanks Homie!! I appreciate that!:cool:

I played in the Sun Belt and still pay very close attention to it (as I do with all football leagues & conferences :) But TRUST me when I tell you that you guys got a HUGE steal in Davis

The one thing that Coples provides is depth along the line..and the ability to get to the passer from the 5-Tech spot. His length and athleticism is what's the intriguing addition to the Jets Dline

LOL! Sg3 jumped off the top rope on this one!

Thanks DDNY!!! Much appreciated!! I will be here all off-season and during the season!

One more tidbit to add about Hill is that he's mostly a forearm & body catcher. That limits his RAC. To me, the Jets need a guy that's explosive. You guys have a bunch of possession guys and one-semi explosive guy in Holmes. Hill's development (judging by where he was drafted) needs to be expedited.[/QUOTE]

- the nfl's rules favor taller, physical targets who can outmuscle and outjump dbs. look what plax did last year with minimal explosiveness. it's all height and arm length. guys like aj jenkins can't help the jets there.

- coples is more than dl depth. he's a proven sack artist who is also effective against the run. he has the ability to be a dominant defensive lineman. the jets didn't draft him to be a rotational guy.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4461778]Better that then a failed forum poster.

On his worst day he brings more to the table than you do on your best day.[/QUOTE]

Not in any way shape or form.

Who are you kidding anyway? If Lucas loved the Jets draft you would be the one killing him. You're just loving him because he's as miserable as you are.

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4461845]Not in any way shape or form.

Who are you kidding anyway? If Lucas loved the Jets draft you would be the one killing him. You're just loving him because he's as miserable as you are.[/QUOTE]

lucas reminds me of some of the posters on the forum who have made up their minds about certain guys and then come to the forum with an agenda. at least schein comes across as more objective and is willing to consider both sides of an issue or a player's value.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=augustiniak;4461848]lucas reminds me of some of the posters on the forum who have made up their minds about certain guys and then come to the forum with an agenda. at least schein comes across as more objective and is willing to consider both sides of an issue or a player's value.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. Shine at least tries to make a compelling argument. Gives reasons why they should have taken his guy.

Lucas just screams that his guy is now in SD and that the pats had another great draft. Yet somehow another great draft ignores how far their D has fallen. Lucas rants that the Jets didn't draft his guys and makes it sound like they picked some obscure nothing player who everyone has ranked 3 rounds lower than where we took him.

[QUOTE=Jet Nut;4461858]Totally agree. Shine at least tries to make a compelling argument. Gives reasons why they should have taken his guy.

Lucas just screams that his guy is now in SD and that the pats had another great draft. Yet somehow another great draft ignores how far their D has fallen. Lucas rants that the Jets didn't draft his guys and makes it sound like they picked some obscure nothing player who everyone has ranked 3 rounds lower than where we took him.[/QUOTE]

i like custer as a host. but i think the show needs to be retooled. i liked buttle but he was as pro-jets as lucas is anti-jet these days. tony pauline was great as a draft expert - i'm wondering if he could come on more often during the year. i'd like to have guys who actually break down film and provide insightful analysis rather than ex-players who feel the need to rant even after the team wins.

[QUOTE=augustiniak;4461862]i like custer as a host. but i think the show needs to be retooled. [B]i liked buttle but he was as pro-jets as lucas is anti-jet[/B] these days. tony pauline was great as a draft expert - i'm wondering if he could come on more often during the year. i'd like to have guys who actually break down film and provide insightful analysis rather than ex-players who feel the need to rant even after the team wins.[/QUOTE]

I want pro-jets commentators. I can stand the occasional knock on the home team, but if I wanted to watch a show with broadcasters that hate the jets I can get Direct tv and watch the Pats version of Jets Nation.

[QUOTE=augustiniak;4461841]- the nfl's rules favor taller, physical targets who can outmuscle and outjump dbs. look what plax did last year with minimal explosiveness. it's all height and arm length. guys like aj jenkins can't help the jets there.

- coples is more than dl depth. he's a proven sack artist who is also effective against the run. he has the ability to be a dominant defensive lineman. the jets didn't draft him to be a rotational guy.[/QUOTE]

1st, you can't compare Hill to Plax. Plax knew how to use his height to his advantage and he also caught everything with his hands at its highest point..which is what made him a high 1st round pick.

Coples doesn't dominate games..that's like saying Richard Seymour dominates games.. Coples doesn't have that "scare" factor that the Top Tier pass rushers do. He, just like Seymour, has solid all-around game

[QUOTE=EmDiggy;4461875]1st, you can't compare Hill to Plax. Plax knew how to use his height to his advantage and he also caught everything with his hands at its highest point..which is what made him a high 1st round pick.[/QUOTE]

Plax came from a passing offense in college and not the option. In the games where he had balls thrown to him he put up big numbers.

[QUOTE=EmDiggy;4461875]
    Coples doesn't dominate games..that's like saying Richard Seymour dominates games.. Coples doesn't have that "scare" factor that the Top Tier pass rushers do. He, just like Seymour, has solid all-around game[/QUOTE]

You haven't watched much college football or you wouldn't say that. Watch game tape from his junior year. He would be in the backfield on many plays causing massive disruptions. That would be like saying Suh didn't dominate games in college. Look at mock drafts drafted after last years draft and Coples was in the top 4 of many mock drafts after his DOMINANT junior year.

The only question with Coples is what happened to him this year when he went from dominant to just good (7.5 sacks is still not too bad when you are supposedly not trying).

[QUOTE=EmDiggy;4461875]1st, you can't compare Hill to Plax. Plax knew how to use his height to his advantage and he also caught everything with his hands at its highest point..which is what made him a high 1st round pick.

Coples doesn't dominate games..that's like saying Richard Seymour dominates games.. Coples doesn't have that "scare" factor that the Top Tier pass rushers do. He, just like Seymour, has solid all-around game[/QUOTE]

plax was the 8th pick in the draft. he's had 70 or more receptions 3 times, and 60 or more receptions 3 other times. only 2x did he have more than 10 tds, and his best year after those two for tds was last year. this is in 10 yrs in the nfl. just based on production, i think hill can approach these stats if the jets had a balanced offense.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=augustiniak;4461862]i like custer as a host. but i think the show needs to be retooled. i liked buttle but he was as pro-jets as lucas is anti-jet these days. tony pauline was great as a draft expert - i'm wondering if he could come on more often during the year. i'd like to have guys who actually break down film and provide insightful analysis rather than ex-players who feel the need to rant even after the team wins.[/QUOTE]

I know people hated the way Klecko spoke but i liked him. He praised when it was due, came down on the team when it was called for.

Lucas sounds like he's bitter half the time. And I can't stand that he sames by the same token at least once in every comment.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4461845]Not in any way shape or form.

Who are you kidding anyway? If Lucas loved the Jets draft you would be the one killing him. You're just loving him because he's as miserable as you are.[/QUOTE]

Lucas over reacts sometimes but he tells it like it is. No sugar coating. I respect that. Lucas has been very "positive" at times during the post game shows. But people's memories are short. Last year he was mostly "negative" but that is b.c the team was playing bad. And those "negative" comments are what is fresh in people's minds.

Also, I don't need commentators to pat my team on the back. I don't need to the Jets to be "America's Team". I don't need everyone to love the Jets. I don't live and die with how writers illustrate the team.

For the record, I preferred Coples over Ingram. So based on that, I disagree with Lucas.