Thread: Seattle signs 1st round pick Bruce Irvin

Seattle signs 1st round pick Bruce Irvin

[QUOTE][B]Seahawks signed DE Bruce Irvin, the No. 15 overall pick, to a four-year, $9.34 million contract, including a $5 million signing bonus.[/B]

Seattle's selection of Irvin caught major flak because he wasn't high on Mel Kiper's Big Board, but the NFL thought much more highly of Irvin than media heads. An incredibly explosive pass rusher with the draft's quickest first step, Irvin tallied 22.5 sacks in just 26 college games. Irvin is expected to be primarily a nickel rusher as a rookie, but he could still push for double-digit sacks. He has rare ability, and Pete Carroll will know how to use him.
    [/QUOTE]

This is relevant because as the 16th pick, Coples' contract should be something similar to this.

Hall Of Fame
    Would have no problem with a similar contract for Coples. They are slotted, so I think it will be very similar.

FIRE TANNY.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4462124]Would have no problem with a similar contract for Coples. They are slotted, so I think it will be very similar.

[B]FIRE TANNY.[/B][/QUOTE]

LOL. Is this a new thing?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=John_0515;4462126]LOL. Is this a new thing?[/QUOTE]

LOL. No.

In week 1 if Coples gets a sack and Tebow scores a TD, I will be calling for an extension.

Also, I can't wait for when Coples signs and everyone is praising Tanny for making such a good contact.

Undrafted Free Agent
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4462189]LOL. No.

In week 1 if Coples gets a sack and Tebow scores a TD, I will be calling for an extension.

Also, I can't wait for when Coples signs and everyone is praising Tanny for making such a good contact.[/QUOTE]

You sir, are out of control
    I love it!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    I don't know enough about the $$ to comment on whether this is a good deal or if it sets a bad target for the Jets. The good thing though IMO is that this will likely speed up Coples getting signed.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think the whole rookie signing thing is completely changed from past seasons with the new CBA and the rookie salary scale

the whole waiting for the player before or after to sign for slotting went out the window. There is no advantage to be obtained by holding out at the advice of some sleezeball agent because the scale is the scale

I guess we should feel bad for douches like Rosenhaus and the rest, but, frankly I don't

The rookie pay scale did wonders for the league