Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: New Story: Jets Rookie Camp '12: The Fighter & The Future

All Jets 24/7
    Post Thanks / Like

New Story: Jets Rookie Camp '12: The Fighter & The Future

The introductory mini-camp for rookies has always offered a surplus of stories ranging from star-studded arrivals to just plain survival. From early round draft picks still beaming from the promise of millions and the glitz of Radio City Music Hall to those who were invited out for a shot at chasing their dream of playing in the NFL.

For Josue Ortiz-Santana, an undrafted DE/DT from Harvard, his reality is the latter.

At 6-foot-5 and 253 pounds Ortiz-Santana was invited out by Jets linebacker coach Mike Smith after the team attended his Pro Day and saw him perform at the team's practice facility...

[url=http://www.jetsinsider.com/blogs/wesley_sykes/?p=1567]More...[/url]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the long run Ortiz-Santana will probably be better off than Hill, even if he doesn't make the Jets. Harvard degrees don't grow on trees.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Long Suffering Jets Fan;4462184]In the long run Ortiz-Santana will probably be better off than Hill, even if he doesn't make the Jets. Harvard degrees don't grow on trees.[/QUOTE]

But make no mistake about it, Ortiz will have a LOT of people in his corner. WHO doesn't like to see the underdog beat the odds?

Was Wayne Chrebet loved for his charming personality? Or was he loved because he appeared to be just a regular guy that beat the odds? A guy that so many identified with?

The latter is why I was a huge Chrebet fan. I think that's why my favorite player now is Mike Devito. Another underdog story.