Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: just got done watching the senior bowl...

just got done watching the senior bowl...

are you f'ing kidding me? coples is a beast...i watched every play and he was basically double teamed the entire game, and he still managed to dominate drives...not plays...drives. watch the drive with about 6min left in the second quater...forget the sack...he is pushing 2 guys back the entire drive...

love when mayock says, he asked coples why he had a down JR season...coples responce was...mr. mayok...watch the game...thats why i am here.

antonio allen looked good as well, not sure why he dropped...made some very nice tackles where others whiffed...

must see, if u want to get pumped for the j-e-t-s jets jets jets

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=K-Met57;4462256]are you f'ing kidding me? coples is a beast...i watched every play and he was basically double teamed the entire game, and he still managed to dominate drives...not plays...drives. watch the drive with about 6min left in the second quater...forget the sack...he is pushing 2 guys back the entire drive...

love when mayock says, he asked coples why he had a down JR season...coples responce was...mr. mayok...watch the game...thats why i am here.

antonio allen looked good as well, not sure why he dropped...made some very nice tackles where others whiffed...

must see, if u want to get pumped for the j-e-t-s jets jets jets[/QUOTE]

was it a broadcast or did you DVR it??

[QUOTE=K-Met57;4462256]are you f'ing kidding me? coples is a beast...i watched every play and he was basically double teamed the entire game, and he still managed to dominate drives...not plays...drives. watch the drive with about 6min left in the second quater...forget the sack...he is pushing 2 guys back the entire drive...

must see, if u want to get pumped for the j-e-t-s jets jets jets[/QUOTE]

Love to hear it, but makes it even more questionable as to why so many scouts/"experts" let him drop on their boards:confused:

[QUOTE=OCCH;4462260]Love to hear it, but makes it even more questionable as to why so many scouts/"experts" let him drop on their boards:confused:[/QUOTE]

Because they couldn't be certain he didn't just show up for a paycheck... We aren't sure either...

[QUOTE=sg3;4462257]was it a broadcast or did you DVR it??[/QUOTE]

downloaded it :)

+1

Coples dominated the week at practice then carried that domination over to the game. He was as you say, destroying drives. We should actually thank Mayock and all of the pundits because any other year we would have to be in the top 5 of the draft to get such a player. As a point of reference, Peppers pro day stats 4.68 forty and 22 reps on the bench. Coples 4.78 forty and 25 reps. Jets fans, when all is said and done, everyone will realize we were VERY lucky in the 2012 draft.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=K-Met57;4462266]downloaded it :)[/QUOTE]

link? you've sparked my curiosity...

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4462262]Because they couldn't be certain he didn't just show up for a paycheck... We aren't sure either...[/QUOTE]

most overdone reason ever...let me assure you on a team full of guys busting their ass...he isnt taking it easy...otherwise he is going to be washing the floors in the weight room.

btw i fully realize that guys like holmes are not effort guys...but guys like pouha, wilkerson and scott most def are effort guys...
    Last edited by K-Met57; 05-07-2012 at 09:42 PM.

[QUOTE=heymangold;4462268]link? you've sparked my curiosity...[/QUOTE]

research how to download torrents, then go here...

[url]http://tenyardtracker.com/[/url]

[QUOTE=K-Met57;4462269]most overdone reason ever...let me assure you on a team full of guys busting their ass...he isnt taking it easy...otherwise he is going to be washing the floors in the weight room.[/QUOTE]

Was he washing the floors in the weight room @ NC :i_dont_kn

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4462271]Was he washing the floors in the weight room @ NC :i_dont_kn[/QUOTE]

not the same thing, its college...the guy was just hanging out until the NFL activities began...

Love to hear it, but makes it even more questionable as to why so many scouts/"experts" let him drop on their boards.

Scouts and experts have been wrong too often to mention. I trust Rex on this one. He is on record as calling Gholston a phony before his draft. He saw through the hype. On the otherhand he personally evaluated Coples and took him over every pass rusher not named Irvin in this draft. I like Mayock, I think he got this one wrong.

i dont want to get into a coples argument...just saying...people should watch the game...a lot of fun considering the guy is a jet.

[QUOTE=K-Met57;4462277]i dont want to get into a coples argument...just saying...people should watch the game...a lot of fun considering the guy is a jet.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I was just answering a question. I'm intrigued by the kid, certainly not sold and yes, I watched his at times dominating performance at the Senior Bowl...

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4462262]Because they couldn't be certain he didn't just show up for a paycheck... We aren't sure either...[/QUOTE]

Was he "playing for a paycheck" as a Junior?

It's just SO coincidental that his drop in play corresponded to a RIDICULOUS list of issues surrounding the program. I'm really trying hard to not get caught up in the hype, but the "facts" would sure seem to support stardom more than bust . . .

Veteran
    [QUOTE=K-Met57;4462270]research how to download torrents, then go here...

[url]http://tenyardtracker.com/[/url][/QUOTE]

i know what torrents are...

site doesn't work.

[QUOTE=OCCH;4462279]Was he "playing for a paycheck" as a Junior?

It's just SO coincidental that his drop in play corresponded to a RIDICULOUS list of issues surrounding the program. I'm really trying hard to not get caught up in the hype, but the "facts" would sure seem to support stardom more than bust . . .[/QUOTE]

"Facts" are when times are tough, he can't be counted on then...

He's a kid, who hopefully dusts off the issues he had last year...

But one senior bowl game doesn't change much. It got him selected mid-first. The rest is up to him, talent is a non-issue...

All League
    I'm going to have to download it. I missed it this year and have been hoping to see a replay somewhere since the draft. You'd think NFLN could air a replay during all their draft coverage. Oh well

[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4462287]"Facts" are when times are tough, he can't be counted on then...

He's a kid, who hopefully dusts off the issues he had last year...

But one senior bowl game doesn't change much. It got him selected mid-first. The rest is up to him, talent is a non-issue...[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you are. He wasn't the preferred player I wanted the Jets to take. But he's a Jet now and I'll support him in whatever way. It's encouraging to hear that he whooped some ass though at the senior bowl. That whole program at NC was on a free fall. The entire team did not give a shlt last year. And you're right, hopefully he can dust off the issues.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=K-Met57;4462269]most overdone reason ever...[B]let me assure you on a team full of guys busting their ass[/B]...he isnt taking it easy....[/QUOTE]

I thought the Jets drafted him :huh:

;) Kidding. Let's keep the rookies away from Santonio though