Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John Elway continues power trip.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

John Elway continues power trip.

I never liked the horse headed fool.

As per [COLOR="Red"]ROTOWORLD[/COLOR]

Broncos fired GM Brian Xanders.
    He's lucky he lasted this long. Promoted to GM in a 2009 package deal that also made Josh McDaniels the Broncos' head coach, Xanders never had much power during the McDaniels regime and was all but zeroed out of the picture when John Elway took over football operations last offseason. Xanders spent 1994 through 2007 working with the Atlanta Falcons as a coach and player personnel evaluator. He has some background with new Bears GM Phil Emery, and could potentially resurface in Chicago in a lower-level capacity.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get the hate. So far Elway has fired arguably the most asinine/arrogant Head Coach in the NFL and replaced an option QB with Peyton Manning. If I'm a Broncos fan I'm doing cart wheels.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4462725]I don't get the hate. So far Elway has fired arguably the most asinine/arrogant Head Coach in the NFL and replaced an option QB with Peyton Manning. If I'm a Broncos fan I'm doing cart wheels.[/QUOTE]

+1

Peyton Manning and John Fox > Josh McDaniels and Tim Tebow

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    What power trip..It's common whenever a new guy is placed in charge he makes changes and replace people with those he wants to work with or is comfortable working with...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4462725]I don't get the hate. So far Elway has fired arguably the most asinine/arrogant Head Coach in the NFL and replaced an option QB with Peyton Manning. If I'm a Broncos fan I'm doing cart wheels.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you!!!!

What power trip!!!!:eek:

The man brings in one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game and gets rid of a lunatic coach etc and Jets fans find fault with it.......

What is there to hate.......

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4462730]+1

Peyton Manning and John Fox > Josh McDaniels and Tim Tebow[/QUOTE]

Agreed. This is in great contrast to an owner, behind the scenes, bringing in Tebow.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4462769]Agreed. This is in great contrast to an owner, behind the scenes, bringing in Tebow.[/QUOTE]

+1

Woody was def the driving force behind the Tebow trade. I seriosuly doubt any credible person in our Front Office wanted anything to do with Tebow especially after we gave Drew Stanton a $500,000 bonus to be the new backup QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4462730]+1

Peyton Manning and John Fox > Josh McDaniels and Tim Tebow[/QUOTE]

McDaniels is a toolbag. I would seriously rather have Rich Kotite as a head coach over that piece of work.

Matt Millen coaching the Jets would make me less angry than Josh McDunceclown.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand Elway makes the moves like this, but I would be interested to see if he let's his new GM (if/when he hires one) to make any personnel decisions. Elway's been making them all so far. Most teams allow the GM to have a lot of say, if not all, in those decisions. Elway hasn't at all. In that respect, Elway is on a power trip.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BamaJets;4462926]I understand Elway makes the moves like this, but I would be interested to see if he let's his new GM (if/when he hires one) to make any personnel decisions. Elway's been making them all so far. Most teams allow the GM to have a lot of say, if not all, in those decisions. Elway hasn't at all. In that respect, Elway is on a power trip.[/QUOTE]

Thank you thats what I meant,glad someone finally saw it that way.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets should hire this guy Xanders to run the draft.

We have 2 QBs, why not have 2 GMs?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4462966]Thank you thats what I meant,glad someone finally saw it that way.[/QUOTE]

Racist

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4462775]+1

Woody was def the driving force behind the Tebow trade. I seriosuly doubt any credible person in our Front Office wanted anything to do with Tebow especially after we gave Drew Stanton a $500,000 bonus to be the new backup QB.[/QUOTE]

And then his wife felt compelled to defend the move as a football move, not a PR move. Why else would she say that if it hadn't been Woody's doing? Just like it was his doing to get Favre.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4462776]McDaniels is a toolbag. I would seriously rather have Rich Kotite as a head coach over that piece of work.

Matt Millen coaching the Jets would make me less angry than Josh McDunceclown.[/QUOTE]

Josh McDaniels singlehandedly created TEbow's career by the ridiculous reach for him in the first. If not for him, he would have faded into obscurity.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4462769]Agreed. This is in great contrast to an owner, behind the scenes, bringing in Tebow.[/QUOTE]

Awesome SP, was thinking the same thing.

Be careful criticizing the JETS :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Vinny Testaverde's Niece;4463103]And then his wife felt compelled to defend the move as a football move, not a PR move. Why else would she say that if it hadn't been Woody's doing? Just like it was his doing to get Favre.[/QUOTE]

But havent you heard,the JETs dont do anything without putting winning first.

Dont dare criticize Woody.:rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4462972]Jets should hire this guy Xanders to run the draft.

We have 2 QBs, why not have 2 GMs?[/QUOTE]

This made me laugh. I actually logged in to tell you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4462775]+1

Woody was def the driving force behind the Tebow trade. I seriosuly doubt any credible person in our Front Office wanted anything to do with Tebow especially after we gave Drew Stanton a $500,000 bonus to be the new backup QB.[/QUOTE]

Simple math.... $500,000 divided by (Tebow jerseys sold)=suckers needed to breakeven on Stanton.

Tanny got that question put on the SAT exam.;)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4462765]I agree with you!!!!

What power trip!!!!:eek:

The man brings in one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game and gets rid of a lunatic coach etc and Jets fans find fault with it.......

What is there to hate.......[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. If anything bringing Payton to Denver shows he has no ego worried about his legacy in Colorado.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is simply moronic.

Elway is a freaking genuis for pulling off three incredible coups--dumping McDaniels, getting Manning and dumping Tebow for a 4th rounder.

The guy should be the football executive of the decade for doing what he did.

He SHOULD be on a power trip.

Jet fans can be so stupid.

_