Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Belichick pontificates on Light but discusses inside locker to prep for the Jets

Belichick pontificates on Light but discusses inside locker to prep for the Jets

[B]One of the best ones that he had I was involved in with, it was actually a lot of fun. We were, two years ago, going through the usual grinding part of the season in November, December, and we had a big game with the Jets coming up[/B].

There were usually two or three times during the season when I would go to the team after a win, Sunday in the locker room, and say I'm going to give you Monday and Tuesday off, but I want you to watch film, know them inside and out. There are questions on Wednesday, they're not easy. You really have better done your homework or it will be a long week. Matt comes in on Tuesday and he's in watching film. He comes into my office and says

'As a prank between me and you, what do you think about throwing a question out there tomorrow that nobody will know the answer, but I'll nail it, and that will just send a great message to team about studying and being prepared and really being ready for this game against

[B]the Jets.' I'm like, 'come on,' but he talked me into it, so we went with it. [B]I go into the meeting the next day, and said 'okay, let's talk about the Jets sub defense. What have we seen them run?' Brady's [says], '2-4 nickel, 3-3 nickel.' [I say], 'have we seen them in dime?' Hoyer says, 'yeah we saw them in 3-2 dime, but not that much.'[/B] I say 'have we seen them in another dime package? No other dime package?' Light sticks up his hand. 'Coach, I thought I saw them in that 1-5 dime one time, I think,' [he says][/B].

'Damnit, Light, you did. They've been it one time all year. I don't imagine you remember the game, since you went through the whole entire film,' [I say]. 'I want to say it was the Houston game, the opener right before the half,' [Light said]. 'Alright Light, you have all the answers, you know everything,' [I said]. I break the meeting up, the offensive linemen walk out of the room, they're like 'Jesus Light, you're killing us, you're really putting us to shame here.' Honest to God, to this day, I don't think any of those guys ever knew. But that's the way it was with Matt. He had a great sense when to lighten up and when to tighten up.

[url]http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4721842/bill-belichick-on-matt-lights-retirement[/url]
    Last edited by ASG0531; 05-08-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Wow. They even cheat on pop-quizzes in practice.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4462936]Wow. They even cheat on pop-quizzes in practice.[/QUOTE]

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying :D

Veteran
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4462936]Wow. They even cheat on pop-quizzes in practice.[/QUOTE]

Lol brilliant

All League
    .....And the Jet fan obsession with all things Patriots....CONTINUUUUUUUUUUUES.

Of course Jet fans shouldn't be expected to understand how team oriented locker room functions, so they can can only see this player/coach interaction as being somehow negative....instead of amusing.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;4462950].....And the Jet fan obsession with all things Patriots....CONTINUUUUUUUUUUUES.

Of course Jet fans shouldn't be expected to understand how team oriented locker room functions, so they can can only see this player/coach interaction as being somehow negative....instead of amusing.[/QUOTE]

U mad bro?

Lighten up Sally nd put a tampon in

Making fun of jets fan "obsession"while having over 1k posts on a jets message board.... Ooh the irony
    Last edited by Pavilion; 05-08-2012 at 04:17 PM.

Banned
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;4462950].....And the Jet fan obsession with all things Patriots....CONTINUUUUUUUUUUUES.

Of course Jet fans shouldn't be expected to understand how team oriented locker room functions, so they can can only see this player/coach interaction as being somehow negative....instead of amusing.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if Rex even sticks his head in the offensive meetings during the week?

I'm actually a Pats fan and I posted because I thought it was interesting for both sides involved... chill out, you two...

jfc and smh, you guys are ****ing jackals... reeelax, then post. A lot of Jets fan posters could use this advice as well.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 05-09-2012 at 02:37 AM.

Im so sick and tired of the infatuation with the New England Patriots on this forum. For those of you who are paying attention this is a NYJETS board and the best 1 out there. Can we knock off the NE Patriots threads for each and every move they make on and off the field.

[QUOTE=ASG0531;4462980]I'm acually a Pats fan and I posted because I thought it was interesting for both sides involved... chill out, you two...[/QUOTE]

lolzzzz

It's not Patriots-obsessive to link to intel on an opposing coach's preparation for your team. It's interesting reading.

All League
    [QUOTE=Carlton;4462994]lolzzzz[/QUOTE]

hehe, and he put so much effort in typing out the "CONTINUUUUUUUUUUUES" word too!!:D

lolz

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I actually think it's Belli's infatuation with the Jets.

He spoke many times about the Jets in that speech to Light....as a matter of fact, the only team he mentions is the Jets

Rex has his number

Veteran
    Pats or not, it's an interesting read.

Banned
    [QUOTE=JonEJet;4463004]

I actually think it's Belli's infatuation with the Jets.

[/QUOTE]

Why would BB be infatuated with the Jets?

For the last 10 years, all he has been doing is looking at the Jets in his review mirror.

[QUOTE=JonEJet;4463004]I actually think it's Belli's infatuation with the Jets.

He spoke many times about the Jets in that speech to Light....as a matter of fact, the only team he mentions is the Jets

Rex has his number[/QUOTE]

lol...I'm just guessing, but maybe because [B]the next team up was the Jets. [/B] :rolleyes: Would have been pretty stupid to talk about the Eagles, or any other team for that matter.

All League
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4462988]Im so sick and tired of the infatuation with the New England Patriots on this forum. For those of you who are paying attention this is a NYJETS board and the best 1 out there. Can we knock off the NE Patriots threads for each and every move they make on and off the field.[/QUOTE]Sorry I didn't know a Pats fans started the thread. So in the immortal words or Roseann Rosanadana.......Nevermind :D

The trolls are running the asylum...

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4463015]Why would BB be infatuated with the Jets?

For the last 10 years, all he has been doing is looking at the Jets in his review mirror.[/QUOTE]

Except of course when they drove them off the road in the playoffs...at home...as big underdogs...in a year they were superbowl favorites...other than that of course. :D

Matt Light is obviously a class act and it's a pleasure to read about him--on a Jets board or elsewhere.

For those who really want the resident Pats fans to vacate this site, think Joni Mitchell and Big Yellow Taxi.