Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cromartie Abruptly Takes Down His Twitter Page

Cromartie Abruptly Takes Down His Twitter Page

Weird. I just happened to catch this:

@ACromartie "This is last post on twitter taking my page down have fun."

and seconds later his page was gone. Haven't caught recent tweets, so not sure if there was some inciting incident. Maybe this is about criticizing the Tebow pickup? Seems unlikely but who knows.

Smart man. Cant let emotions get the best of you. Social media networking like this and Facebook should be banned by the NFL for its players.

All League
    He's been tweeting pretty innocuous stuff since the Tebow thing so i can't imagine that's it.

That may have been the smartest thing hes ever done.

I follow him and although I check twitter rarely I have thought on more than one occasion that hes a ticking time bomb.

It would only be a matter of time till he said something ridiculous.

nothing good can come from pro athletes posting on twitter

Veteran
    i'm hoping it's just for during the season. i love following jets players on twitter.

All League
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4463028]Smart man. Cant let emotions get the best of you. Social media networking like this and Facebook should be banned by the NFL for its players.[/QUOTE]
    Wow! You're even against free speech.

While I am personally against opening up my soul on social media, it does have practical uses. Like many other things, one must exercise some control while using it.

I am certainly not in favor of banning it.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... he doesny have time for it ... too many chicks to bang! ...

l_j_r

Jets brass must have REQUESTED. He was tweeting about which players to draft.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE]@ACromartie "No more tweets from me. time to make mo kids! ha ha"[/QUOTE]

Crazy.

[QUOTE=Jet Blast;4463081]Wow! You're even against free speech.

While I am personally against opening up my soul on social media, it does have practical uses. Like many other things, one must exercise some control while using it.

I am certainly not in favor of banning it.[/QUOTE]

Alot of times players emotions get the best of them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Honestly, who gives a s#it? Cro shut down his Twitter account and that's what passes for NFL news these days?

I can't wait to see the "Cro In Crisis" hour long special on ESPN including commentary from NY Jet alumni Damien Woody, Kris Jenkins, Eric Mangini & a live interview with Eric Ainge from the Betty Ford Clinic.

:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Perhaps Rex was upset because Cro was diverting too much attention away from him.

I followed Cro for a while. It was a decent Twitter feed, but the problem is that he'd actually talk about Jets-related football stuff and would often be wrong or accidentally controversial like when he said the Jets didn't need Tebow because they had Sanchez (when the trade was simply a rumor). Or the time he got into a twitter feud with Matt Hasslebeck because Cro said something disparaging about the players union standing in the way of a deal getting done.

Bottom line was it was somewhat uncomfortable to have an active player tweeting stuff that should come from someone not currently in the league.

Still, best NFL twitter account of all-time is Darnell Dockett.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4463135]Honestly, who gives a s#it? Cro shut down his Twitter account and that's what passes for NFL news these days?

I can't wait to see the "Cro In Crisis" hour long special on ESPN including commentary from NY Jet alumni Damien Woody, Kris Jenkins, Eric Mangini & a live interview with Eric Ainge from the[B] Betty Ford Clinic[/B].

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

That "Off Your Rocker" kills the wife and I.

(especially the birdseed one):)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Jet Blast;4463081]Wow! You're even against free speech.

I am certainly not in favor of banning it.[/QUOTE]

with the multiple gf's and kids i can honestly say he does not have control over ANY part of his body. :P

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sdJETSetter;4463143]That "Off Your Rocker" kills the wife and I.

(especially the birdseed one):)[/QUOTE]
    That's Betty White's show.

And yes. It is very funny.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;4463145]with the multiple gf's and kids i can honestly say he does not have control over ANY part of his body. :P[/QUOTE]
    He's the anti-Tebow.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Instead of Cro shutting down his tweets he really should be shutting down his twats.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4463154]He's the anti-Tebow.[/QUOTE]

No way Tim [I]didnt[/I] tap that old GF with those ginormous breastseses at the UF.:yes: