Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UDFA Marcus Dowtin, a bit undersized but...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

UDFA Marcus Dowtin, a bit undersized but...

This kid has bigtime potential. He goes 6.2 230 or so, but has a long build and can put on 15 more pounds. I think he makes the team and contributes on specials this season, he will have to beat the kids from Central Michigan Berning and the other one, but those guys dont look or play as fast as Dowtin. His Youtube videos are pretty impressive, this kid is similar to Davis in that he flies all over the field causing havoc and knocking the sht out of people, is a natural leader as well from what ive read.

A legitimate SEC talent who played at Georgia but got kicked off the team for a physical altercation. Then went to Northern Alabama and dominated at Olb, averaging 10 tackles a game. He had a draftable grade but lack of size and the altercation hurt his draft stock. Im keeping a close eye on this kid.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praying that he beats out McIntyre.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Worth a shot for sure.

I love SEC guys. I think there are backups that are on SEC teams that could become solid pros.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Write it down, favor this, quote it----he's making the team. Rex had him high on the Jets board and wanted to draft him. He was a "high priority" UDFA. 3-year deal.

in other news, I hear that Matthias Berning had another knee injury in camp, and will be having surgery.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4463160]Praying that he beats out McIntyre.[/QUOTE]

May the best player win a job! No favorites or hidden agenda! this is about TEAM. I want what is best for the team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4463202]Worth a shot for sure.

I love SEC guys. I think there are backups that are on SEC teams that could become solid pros.[/QUOTE]

I very much agree.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    As for Dowtin's size---He will be working out with Advanced Sports the next few weeks. Says he wants to add 15 LBS. They have a great reps from a few professional athletes. Maybe all he needs.

[url]http://www.advancedsportsperformance.com/[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Slikmojet;4463122]This kid has bigtime potential. He goes 6.2 230 or so, but has a long build and can put on 15 more pounds. I think he makes the team and contributes on specials this season, he will have to beat the kids from Central Michigan Berning and the other one, but those guys dont look or play as fast as Dowtin. His Youtube videos are pretty impressive, this kid is similar to Davis in that he flies all over the field causing havoc and knocking the sht out of people, is a natural leader as well from what ive read.

A legitimate SEC talent who played at Georgia but got kicked off the team for a physical altercation. Then went to Northern Alabama and dominated at Olb, averaging 10 tackles a game. He had a draftable grade but lack of size and the altercation hurt his draft stock. Im keeping a close eye on this kid.[/QUOTE]

If Berning truly was injured in camp, the job will be his for sure. I agree re SEC players! Berning also does not have much experience either! If I remember correctly he did stickout well in camp last year. We must get lots more speed on the Jets. Bellore is a tough guy and could be hard to beat Slik. He also was a priority FA last year.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4463216]May the best player win a job! No favorites or hidden agenda! this is about TEAM. I want what is best for the team.[/QUOTE]
    So if I don't like a player, it's an agenda???

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4452915][B]Positives: [/B]Has a lean, cut-up physique. Highly athletic quiet, safety-like movement skills. Good balance and body control. Quick-handed, quick-footed and agile to slip blocks. Flows laterally and ranges sideline-to-sideline. Closes fast. Fills the hole with authority. Shows striking ability. Drops effortlessly into zone and can intercept. Was used as a pass rusher and can get home as a blitzer. Productive. MVP of Battle of Florida all-star game.
    [B]Negatives: [/B]Small-framed and lacks ideal bulk. Can be covered up by larger blockers. Overruns some plays. Occasionally tackles high will lasso or grab more than he should instead of driving through ballcarriers. Was athletically superior as a Division II player. Character needs to be looked into.
    [B]Summary: [/B]A legit SEC athlete, Dowtin stuffed the stat sheet in his only season at North Alabama. Has intriguing physical ability and versatility to play multiple spots in a fast-flowing, 4-3 front, as well as handle nickel linebacker duties and excel on special teams if he falls in line.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4452915[/url]

I mentioned he sounds somewhat like 3rd pick Davis...Dowtin tweeted after rookie camp he's going back to put on 10-15 lbs..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4463225]So if I don't like a player, it's an agenda???[/QUOTE]

In this case: YES. How many times have you said how much you dislike that player? You say it over and over. ok. Get over it man! We know you do not think much of that player! Did he ever do something to you:? Its like a passion with you! The team is what is important! I hope the best player wins a job and helps the Jets win a SB! That is my agenda! You are up!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4463226][url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4452915[/url]

I mentioned he sounds somewhat like 3rd pick Davis...Dowtin tweeted after rookie camp he's going back to put on 10-15 lbs..[/QUOTE]

C Mart didn't he tweak a hammy in the rookie camp recently?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Cack89;4463208]Write it down, favor this, quote it----he's making the team. Rex had him high on the Jets board and wanted to draft him. He was a "high priority" UDFA. 3-year deal.

in other news, I hear that Matthias Berning had another knee injury in camp, and will be having surgery.[/QUOTE]
    Where did you hear this?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4463226][url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4452915[/url]

I mentioned he sounds somewhat like 3rd pick Davis...Dowtin tweeted after rookie camp he's going back to put on 10-15 lbs..[/QUOTE]

Attention Whore.

;)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4463160]Praying that he beats out McIntyre.[/QUOTE]

And Berning and Muaga. By the way Satele was cut by the Buccaneers.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4463232]Where did you hear this?[/QUOTE]

I believe it. Rex is running the entire organization now.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4463229]In this case: YES. How many times have you said how much you dislike that player? You say it over and over. ok. Get over it man! We know you do not think much of that player! Did he ever do something to you:? Its like a passion with you! The team is what is important! I hope the best player wins a job and helps the Jets win a SB! That is my agenda! You are up![/QUOTE]
    I also want what's best for the team.

But in my opinon, McIntyre sucks.

Unless he reinvents himself during the off-season, I prey that someone beats him out.

By the way, you are the only one who gets so upset when I say this. Maybe it is YOU who has the agenda? ;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4463231]C Mart didn't he tweak a hammy in the rookie camp recently?[/QUOTE]

yeah, he tweeted he was fine

[URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/MarcusDowtin"][B]Marcus Dowtin[/B] ‏ @[B]MarcusDowtin[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/MarcusDowtin"][/URL]Got some treatment on the hammy. Nothing a little rest cant fix. Back to the DMV in the morning.

I'll soon be back in the lab with the mad scientist [URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/AdvancedSports"]@[B]AdvancedSports[/B][/URL] to add some size and me for with his next crop of monsters

I know the work is far from over.Imagine this guy with plus 15lbs by preseason. If you're going to be an animal, might as well be a beast

[URL="https://twitter.com/#%21/AdvancedSports"]@[B]AdvancedSports[/B][/URL] and I have a love hate relationship. Hate during training, but love the results.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4463236]I believe it. Rex is running the entire organization now.[/QUOTE]
    I meant about Berning injuring his knee and needing surgery.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, Ropati Pitoitua signed with the Chiefs today.