Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Have A Business?

All League
    I have my own business in the financi services industry. I have been doing it for the last six years. I wouldn't ever not be self employed. Knowing what you will make in a particular year just seems to dull. Go get what your worth.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Rhinobreath;4463455]Love what you do and do what you love.[/QUOTE]

I love sleeping in and getting laid. Unfortunately the Meth Ho' dental plan has an outrageous deductible.

All League
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;4463474]I love sleeping in and getting laid. Unfortunately the Meth Ho' dental plan has an outrageous deductible.[/QUOTE]

I love that, and drinking. The drunk meth ho pay is surprisingly low.

As a suggestion, the market for educators in the US is saturated, but not overseas. If you have transferable skills that don't clash with cultures (meaning any of the maths, sciences, or English lits), you could be making bank overseas.

My friend went to school to teach youngns math and physical sciences (4th and 5th grade levels) and upon graduation, couldnt get a job. So she turned her focus overseas and landed a job in Kuwait in a two year program being paid handsomely to teach in an English medium school. Plus she gets all her vacation time and benefits including airfare for two trips back and forth per year.

I assume she'll have no problem getting a job once she comes back with that type of experience on her resume.
    Last edited by greenwichjetfan; 05-08-2012 at 11:37 PM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;4463482]My friend went to school to teach youngns math and physical sciences (4th and 5th grade levels) and upon graduation, couldnt get a job. So she turned her focus overseas and landed a job in Kuwait in a two year program being paid handsomely to teach in an English medium school. [/QUOTE]

Today class, we're going to learn how to turn an ordinary cell phone into a remote triggering device. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4463395]He was dead the WHOLE time![/QUOTE]

I was going to say "Kevin Costner's character was really a Russian spy!"

Yours is better.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Rhinobreath;4463455]Take Mark Twain's advice. "Make your vocation your vacation." In other words don't choose a career or business venture based on how much money it will bring in but rather on what your passion is. Otherwise when things get rough you'll fold if you don't enjoy it in the first place. Love what you do and do what you love.[/QUOTE]

I owned a bar, gotta say put your money where your heart is. But it can be difficult, sometimes when something you love to do becomes a job, then it's just another job and your love for it wanes.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=nj2socaljetsfan;4463516]Open a Chick-Fil-A[/QUOTE]

Five Guys or Dunkin Donuts. Open on Sundays.

All League
    Combine your love for property and booze.

Open a liquor store.

[QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;4463482]As a suggestion, the market for educators in the US is saturated, but not overseas. If you have transferable skills that don't clash with cultures (meaning any of the maths, sciences, or English lits), you could be making bank overseas.

My friend went to school to teach youngns math and physical sciences (4th and 5th grade levels) and upon graduation, couldnt get a job. So she turned her focus overseas and landed a job in Kuwait in a two year program being paid handsomely to teach in an English medium school. Plus she gets all her vacation time and benefits including airfare for two trips back and forth per year.

I assume she'll have no problem getting a job once she comes back with that type of experience on her resume.[/QUOTE]

That's not a bad idea. Thanks for this and thanks for all the other useful tips. Really appreciate it guys.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Big L;4463591]Combine your love for property and booze.

Open a liquor store.[/QUOTE]

being sober around drunks is nooooooooooooo fun.

[QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;4463488]Today class, we're going to learn how to turn an ordinary cell phone into a remote triggering device. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Yep, definitely the necessary type of response.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=51JetsFanInPA;4463354]

Does anyone have a business or have an idea [B]that I may excel in[/B]?

[/QUOTE]

I always love getting these questions from complete internet strangers.

_

All League
    [QUOTE=Peebag;4463745]being sober around drunks is nooooooooooooo fun.[/QUOTE]

I had toyed around with opening a liquor store with a buddy of mine. Find a location in a nice town, set up shop, and employee discount would be 100%. However, in my state, they only issue X number of liquor permits. About X-1 are all spoken for. The 1 left is for a town you'd be lucky not to get robbed at least 7 times a week.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=51JetsFanInPA;4463354]I'm in a dilemma. I just recently received my associates degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE). [B]In Pennsylvania, becoming an elementary teacher is a mistake[/B]. My old man was an elementary teacher, and I always wanted to be like him.

Here's my question. My brothers and I have a house that we rent out to some folks, and we're thinking about selling it and opening up a business that we can run together. We're thinking about buying an apartment complex or having a beer distributor. Does anyone have a business or have an idea that I may excel in? Again, I'm still in school and going to for my bachelors hoping the economy in ECE goes back up. The only bright thing about that for me is [B]school districts need male teachers[/B], but I don't want to take that risk and think about getting laid-off when I have kids.

Thanks guys![/QUOTE]

What?

Why?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4463786]I always love getting these questions from complete internet strangers.

_[/QUOTE]

Because of all the deep personal knowledge we possess about said person, yes....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=JStokes;4463786]I always love getting these questions from complete internet strangers.

_[/QUOTE]

The only thing we know that he does is post on a message board. And I'm not quite ready to say he excels just yet. Average? Doesn't suck? Sure, I'll commit to that.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4463850]Because of all the deep personal knowledge we possess about said person, yes....[/QUOTE]

I'll give it a try.

Here are some businesses or ideas that he MAY excel in:

1. Start a hedge fund;

2. Bilge-pump maufacturer;

3. Right Tackle for the New York Jets;

4. Catering business for high society Manhattanites;

5. Astro-physicist;

6. Plumber;

7. Legendary Little League Coach;

8. Prison Guard/Correctional Officer (heard there is an opening);

9. Male Nurse;

10. Invent the next twitter/facebook/goggle;

11. Golf ball pond diver;

12. Cock fight trainer;

13. Ice Trucker;

14. Marry a Kardasian;

15. Fluffer

That's all I've got for now, if these don't work out, or you MIGHT not excel at them, I'll keep spittballing some ideas/businesses.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4463977]I'll give it a try.

Here are some businesses or ideas that he MAY excel in:

1. Start a hedge fund;

2. Bilge-pump maufacturer;

3. Right Tackle for the New York Jets;

4. Catering business for high society Manhattanites;

5. Astro-physicist;

6. Plumber;

7. Legendary Little League Coach;

8. Prison Guard/Correctional Officer (heard there is an opening);

9. Male Nurse;

10. Invent the next twitter/facebook/goggle;

11. Golf ball pond diver;

12. Cock fight trainer;

[B]13. Ice Trucker;[/B]

14. Marry a Kardasian;

15. Fluffer

That's all I've got for now, if these don't work out, or you MIGHT not excel at them, I'll keep spittballing some ideas/businesses.

_[/QUOTE]

Hauling it, or driving on it?