Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joey Clinkscales to Raiders.

Joey Clinkscales to Raiders.

AdamSchefter-

Former Jets VP of college scouting Joey Clinkscales is leaving New York to take a prominent front-office position with the Oakland Raiders

Jets Insider VIP

Clinkscales leaves Jets for Raiders

As expected.

Via Schefter:

[QUOTE]Former Jets VP of college scouting Joey Clinkscales is leaving New York to take a prominent front-office position with the Oakland Raiders.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Good. Hope they hire the GM that Denver fired if he is willing to come for a lesser job or steal someone from Pitt or Baltimore.

Veteran
    Pretty much right on time. Draft & UDFA's over, he fulfilled his obligation for the 2012 scouting. When he said " I expect to be here" I was somewhat skeptical and after the Raider moves there seemed to be a connection.

Rookie
    Good luck Joey C. Thanks for all your time and hard work with our JETS.

Veteran
    Goodbye Colonel Klink, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Veteran
    Merge w other Clink thread...

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket
    [QUOTE=LSJF;4463523]Goodbye Colonel Klink, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.[/QUOTE]

LOL

Dude shoulda been honest...

Why Denver GM?

All League
    NFL front office people are more and more like politicians every day.

Jets Insider VIP
    Later Stinkscales.

All Pro
    I liked him a lot. I see this as significant loss, don't want to overstate it but he was good IMO.

[QUOTE=David Harris;4463629]I liked him a lot. I see this as significant loss, don't want to overstate it but he was good IMO.[/QUOTE]

yea I guess he was a pretty competent draft guy...perhaps we can get some of the star scouting talent in Pittsburgh to come over.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4463511]Good. [B] Hope they hire the GM that Denver fired[/B] if he is willing to come for a lesser job or steal someone from Pitt or Baltimore.[/QUOTE]

Why??? You mean the guy who hired Josh McDaniels and drafted Tebow in the first round.:eek:

[IMG]http://www.rbuhsd.k12.ca.us/rbhs/webclass/students/08third/Davis_home/claire_code/pics/joey2.jpg[/IMG].............[IMG]http://www.dancingmonica.com/imagefile/klink.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://prod-lp-bucket.webvisible.com/instance_assets/26993/20101211000000/2b64b15167ef04463911bd0403e40828.jpeg[/IMG]

:rimshot:

I think before people read too much into this as a negative against Tanny and/or Clinkscales just remember Reggie McKenzie (Raiders GM) and Clinkscales are great friends, played HS and College FB together..I believe they were roommates in college and were in each others weddings..So McKenzie is now in a position to hire and Clinkscales has the opportunity to go work for/with one of, if not his, best friend(s).

Of course I could be wrong if it comes out in the future that Joey and Tanny went at in the war room a few times...:D

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=C Mart;4463704]I think before people read too much into this as a negative against Tanny and/or Clinkscales just remember Reggie McKenzie (Raiders GM) and Clinkscales are great friends, played HS and College FB together..I believe they were roommates in college and were in each others weddings..So McKenzie is now in a position to hire and Clinkscales has the opportunity to go work for/with one of, if not his, best friend(s).

Of course I could be wrong if it comes out in the future that Joey and Tanny went at in the war room a few times...:D[/QUOTE]

The story isn't that he's leaving, the story is that he was here for so long. He was in the same position for quite a while, its only normal to try to keep moving up. For him, that means taking a top FO position that isn't just in charge of the draft. The fact that his old friend is now in charge of the Raiders makes it a natural move.

As you said - we could be wrong and there was friction between him and Tanny, but that's likely not the motivating factor. Either way, he will be replaced. He's not the first Head of Scouting to move to another team. Maybe a guy like Jo Jo Wooden moves up.

[QUOTE=crasherino;4463711]The story isn't that he's leaving, the story is that he was here for so long. He was in the same position for quite a while, its only normal to try to keep moving up. For him, that means taking a top FO position that isn't just in charge of the draft. The fact that his old friend is now in charge of the Raiders makes it a natural move.

As you said - we could be wrong and there was friction between him and Tanny, but that's likely not the motivating factor. Either way, he will be replaced. He's not the first Head of Scouting to move to another team. Maybe a guy like Jo Jo Wooden moves up.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree...But you know how some here are...

Checking the staff bios it seems that Michael Davis is the Asst Dir College Scouting..Not saying he takes over for Clinkscales..

[url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/ms/media-guide/2011/html/football_support_staff-8.html[/url]
    Last edited by C Mart; 05-09-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Why would Terry Bradway not get the job? He is supposed to be a scouting expert. I'm not sure I even understand his current role as compared to Clinkscales.