Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 112

Thread: NFL.com - The 5 Best Free Agent WRs (Guess who is #1)

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,146

    Five best free agent wide receivers

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...module=HP11_cp

    Marc Sessler broke down the best five free-agent running backs available over the weekend. All seventeen of our loyal Around the League readers seemed to like the idea, so let's go to the well once again with a look at the wide receiver position.

    Terrell Owens is in the news on Tuesday for other reasons, but he's going to find it hard to get a job with these guys in front of him:


    5. Mark Clayton (30 years old): Last with the Rams, Clayton's knee problems remain a huge concern. The former Ravens first-round pick was very productive when healthy in St. Louis in 2010 and runs good routes.

    4. Roy Williams (30): Three teams have already given up on Williams. He played in 45 games over the last three years, starting 31. But he didn't top 600 receiving yards in any of those seasons. He can't help on special teams, which is why Williams remains on the open market.

    3. Mike Sims-Walker (27): Remember when Sims-Walker looked like one of the rising stars at wide receiver in the league? That was only two years ago and Sims-Walker should just be hitting his prime. He's worth a flier.

    2. Plaxico Burress (34): Plaxico can't separate like he used to, but he managed to play all 16 weeks for the Jets last year. His numbers (612 yards, eight touchdowns) were almost identical to Santonio Holmes. Those numbers translate to 800 yards and 10 scores on a team that can actually throw the ball.

    1. Braylon Edwards (29): Perhaps Edwards will replace Plaxico in New York. It's where Edwards was at his most consistent as a pro. Edwards gained 904 yards receiving with the Jets in 2010, which has to feel like a long time ago after his injury-ruined 2011 stint with the 49ers.


    I think the Jets need one more veteran wide receiver. I don't want Chad Szchillens on the Jets. I don't know how Roy Williams has tailspinned his career, but is he a viable option? I'd take him over Schillens anyday. Mike Sims Walker is still young and was on the verge of stardom. I don't know what happened to him either.

    I miss Braylon

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jerzey
    Posts
    5,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...module=HP11_cp

    Marc Sessler broke down the best five free-agent running backs available over the weekend. All seventeen of our loyal Around the League readers seemed to like the idea, so let's go to the well once again with a look at the wide receiver position.

    Terrell Owens is in the news on Tuesday for other reasons, but he's going to find it hard to get a job with these guys in front of him:


    5. Mark Clayton (30 years old): Last with the Rams, Clayton's knee problems remain a huge concern. The former Ravens first-round pick was very productive when healthy in St. Louis in 2010 and runs good routes.

    4. Roy Williams (30): Three teams have already given up on Williams. He played in 45 games over the last three years, starting 31. But he didn't top 600 receiving yards in any of those seasons. He can't help on special teams, which is why Williams remains on the open market.

    3. Mike Sims-Walker (27): Remember when Sims-Walker looked like one of the rising stars at wide receiver in the league? That was only two years ago and Sims-Walker should just be hitting his prime. He's worth a flier.

    2. Plaxico Burress (34): Plaxico can't separate like he used to, but he managed to play all 16 weeks for the Jets last year. His numbers (612 yards, eight touchdowns) were almost identical to Santonio Holmes. Those numbers translate to 800 yards and 10 scores on a team that can actually throw the ball.

    1. Braylon Edwards (29): Perhaps Edwards will replace Plaxico in New York. It's where Edwards was at his most consistent as a pro. Edwards gained 904 yards receiving with the Jets in 2010, which has to feel like a long time ago after his injury-ruined 2011 stint with the 49ers.


    I think the Jets need one more veteran wide receiver. I don't want Chad Szchillens on the Jets. I don't know how Roy Williams has tailspinned his career, but is he a viable option? I'd take him over Schillens anyday. Mike Sims Walker is still young and was on the verge of stardom. I don't know what happened to him either.

    I miss Braylon
    waste of a thread

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,929
    Come home, Bray Bray!!!!!


  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Z 6 View Post
    waste of a thread
    Sorry... we should discuss how many little league coaching championships and records we all have.

    Don't open the thread then.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    15,616
    Wish Tanny & Rex would bring back Braylon. It'd be nice to have him, Hill, and Holmes on the field to really give us a passing game.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,146
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Wish Tanny & Rex would bring back Braylon. It'd be nice to have him, Hill, and Holmes on the field to really give us a passing game.
    Would you take Roy Williams if they don't sign Braylon?

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    15,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Would you take Roy Williams if they don't sign Braylon?
    If we can't get Braylon, then Williams would be an improvement over Plax. Doesn't even have to be a huge improvement since I think Hill will get most of the looks from Sanchez.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Would you take Roy Williams if they don't sign Braylon?
    He sucks. If he was so good why didn't the Bears keep him instead of trading for Marshall and drafting Jeffrey.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    15,616
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He sucks. If he was so good why didn't the Bears keep him instead of trading for Marshall and drafting Jeffrey.
    So does Plax, but we still let him singed and started him. And since we're going back to ground & pound, Hill is gonna be getting most of the looks anyway since he's our deep threat.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,792
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    So does Plax, but we still let him singed and started him. And since we're going back to ground & pound, Hill is gonna be getting most of the looks anyway since he's our deep threat.
    I didn't say anything about Plax.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,146
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He sucks. If he was so good why didn't the Bears keep him instead of trading for Marshall and drafting Jeffrey.
    Is he better than Chan Schillens (Oh God Damn it, I don't know how to spell his name)?

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Is he better than Chan Schillens (Oh God Damn it, I don't know how to spell his name)?
    I'll take my chances with schiliens or whatever his name is Most likely less attitude than Williams.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Jerzey
    Posts
    5,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Sorry... we should discuss how many little league coaching championships and records we all have.

    Don't open the thread then.
    WE SHOULD

    i mean after signing chizzzzlins and drafting 2 wf's ... we are not in the market for a WR

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,146
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I'll take my chances with schiliens or whatever his name is Most likely less attitude than Williams.
    The guy cannot stay on the field. I just don't trust him.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    The guy cannot stay on the field. I just don't trust him.
    And obviously three teams didn't trust Williams.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,146
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    And obviously three teams didn't trust Williams.
    Touche.

    So how about bringing Braylon back

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,208
    I think the only way Braylon ends up with the Jets is if he signs for the minimum. I think he is holding out hope of getting a better contract.

    To be honest, I dont know if I want him back now. I want Hill to get all the playing time he can get so he can develop. I am talking game experience, not just practice. For better or worse.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Touche.

    So how about bringing Braylon back
    I'm sick of the daily Braylon talk. It's May 8th.

    But think about this. Right now doesn't it seem Braylon would be the #4 WR on the Jets behind Holmes, Hill and Kerley (as the slot). So if he is 100% healthy why would he go to a team as a #4?

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,146
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I'm sick of the daily Braylon talk. It's May 8th.

    But think about this. Right now doesn't it seem Braylon would be the #4 WR on the Jets behind Holmes, Hill and Kerley (as the slot). So if he is 100% healthy why would he go to a team as a #4?
    This is true, that's why i'm expanding my options here. I still think they need to sign 1 more veteran.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    15,616
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I didn't say anything about Plax.
    I know, I'm using him as an example.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us