Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL.com - The 5 Best Free Agent WRs (Guess who is #1)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4463394]I'm sick of the daily Braylon talk. It's May 8th.

But think about this. Right now doesn't it seem Braylon would be the #4 WR on the Jets behind Holmes, Hill and Kerley (as the slot). So if he is 100% healthy why would he go to a team as a #4?[/QUOTE]
    No, it doesn't. He is better than all of those guys.

[QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4463396]This is true, that's why i'm expanding my options here. I still think they need to sign 1 more veteran.[/QUOTE]

I don't

Jets Insider VIP
    Although I am sick to death of the Braylon talk, it is unrealistic, albeit the Jets currently say otherwise, to expect Hill to be a legit #2 receiver this year.

If he is healthy, he should be signed.

Jets Insider VIP

NFL.com - The 5 Best Free Agent WRs (Guess who is #1)

[url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828f2f69/article/five-best-freeagent-wide-receivers-available[/url]

[QUOTE][B][SIZE="5"]Five best free-agent wide receivers available[/SIZE][/B]
    By Gregg Rosenthal NFL.com
    Around The League editor
    Published: May 8, 2012 at 04:15 p.m.
    Updated: May 8, 2012 at 07:06 p.m.

Marc Sessler broke down the best five free-agent running backs available over the weekend. All seventeen of our loyal Around the League readers seemed to like the idea, so let's go to the well once again with a look at the wide receiver position.

Terrell Owens is in the news on Tuesday for other reasons, but he's going to find it hard to get a job with these guys in front of him:

5. Mark Clayton (30 years old): Last with the Rams, Clayton's knee problems remain a huge concern. The former Ravens first-round pick was very productive when healthy in St. Louis in 2010 and runs good routes.

4. Roy Williams (30): Three teams have already given up on Williams. He played in 45 games over the last three years, starting 31. But he didn't top 600 receiving yards in any of those seasons. He can't help on special teams, which is why Williams remains on the open market.

3. Mike Sims-Walker (27): Remember when Sims-Walker looked like one of the rising stars at wide receiver in the league? That was only two years ago and Sims-Walker should just be hitting his prime. He's worth a flier.

2. Plaxico Burress (34): Plaxico can't separate like he used to, but he managed to play all 16 weeks for the Jets last year. His numbers (612 yards, eight touchdowns) were almost identical to Santonio Holmes. Those numbers translate to 800 yards and 10 scores on a team that can actually throw the ball.

1. Braylon Edwards (29): [B]Perhaps Edwards will replace Plaxico in New York.[/B] It's where Edwards was at his most consistent as a pro. Edwards gained 904 yards receiving with the Jets in 2010, which has to feel like a long time ago after his injury-ruined 2011 stint with the 49ers.[/QUOTE]

Not sure why this guy thinks Braylon is still a possibility to return to NY after we used a high #2 on Hill, signed Schilens, etc......but I wouldn't be against it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Damn. Please merge.

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244074[/url]

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4463551][url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828f2f69/article/five-best-freeagent-wide-receivers-available[/url]

Not sure why this guy thinks Braylon is still a possibility to return to NY after we used a high #2 on Hill, signed Schilens, etc......but I wouldn't be against it.[/QUOTE]

Because most people see Hill as a project for next year. Someone who can come in and run a go or give you some blocking on the outside, but isn't an every down player. Schillens is made of glass and has yet to show the ability to perform consistently. Kerley is a slot guy. White is a 7th round rookie. Turner is tall scrub who plays special teams.

If we sign Edwards then we get rid of one of the Schillens/Turner/White trio.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4463561]Because most people see Hill as a project for next year. Someone who can come in and run a go or give you some blocking on the outside, but isn't an every down player. Schillens is made of glass and has yet to show the ability to perform consistently. Kerley is a slot guy. White is a 7th round rookie. Turner is tall scrub who plays special teams.

If we sign Edwards then we get rid of one of the Schillens/Turner/White trio.[/QUOTE]

Do you think we'd dump White so soon?

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4463563]Do you think we'd dump White so soon?[/QUOTE]

I really like him, but he's a 7th round pick. If we sign Edwards, which I don't think we will, then I don't think that any team's front office would hesitate to cut a 7th rounder. Turner would be the one to go if it were up to me. I don't see him ever being anything more than a depth receiver.

I like Braylon, thinks it makes sense.. but too many here have been jizzing off to his Pats highlights to realize who he really is... a solid but not anywhere near elite WR who can maybe help the team... Braylon in his best year with the Jets never cracked 1K yards and had a whopping 7 touchdowns as a part of the 22nd ranked passing offense... Braylon Edwards is not the savior of this offense that some believe.

But it's ok... he Dougied over a Pats defender in primetime and infamously dragged two of them into the EZ in a playoff game 2 years ago. Sign this beast forever.

Shoot, give him an incentive laden contract that includes $2.5 for kicking a Patriot in the face and getting ejected. $5M if it's Brady.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 05-09-2012 at 03:17 AM.

[QUOTE=ASG0531;4463566]I like Braylon, thinks it makes sense.. but too many here have been jizzing off to his Pats highlights to realize who he really is... a solid but not anywhere near elite WR who can maybe help the team... Braylon in his best year with the Jets never cracked 1K yards and had a whopping 7 touchdowns as a part of the 22nd ranked passing offense... Braylon Edwards is not the savior of this offense that some believe.[/QUOTE]

We just want the dimension that he brought to the offense. Hopefully, Hill will provide that for us.

People say that Holmes won the Detroit game for us in 2010, but Edwards played just as important a role. The offense did [I]nothing[/I] for the entire 1st half.

(1:53 - 2:02)
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETzZRlxS6wU&t=1m53s[/url]

Remember all those long dry spells for the offense? We get one of those big plays in the middle of one of the games against the Broncos, Giants, or Dolphins and we're in the playoffs last year instead of watching at home.

[QUOTE=JB1089;4463567]We just want the dimension that he brought to the offense. Hopefully, Hill will provide that for us.

People say that Holmes won the Detroit game for us in 2010, but Edwards played just as important a role. The offense did [I]nothing[/I] for the entire 1st half.

(1:53 - 2:02)
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETzZRlxS6wU&t=1m53s[/url]

Remember all those long dry spells for the offense? We get one of those big plays in the middle of one of the games against the Broncos, Giants, or Dolphins and we're in the playoffs last year instead of watching at home.[/QUOTE]

That was 2 years ago. Two years is a lifetime in the NFL. Let it go. Stop jerking off to his highlights and start thinking whether a guy who is [U]still[/U] injured will fit into the new Jets offense.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 05-09-2012 at 03:50 AM.

All League
    [QUOTE=ASG0531;4463569]That was 2 years ago. Two years is a lifetime in the NFL. Let it go. Stop jerking off to his highlights and start thinking whether a guy who is [U]still[/U] injured will fit into the new Jets offense.[/QUOTE]

Read the first sentence of his post.

I pretty much gave up hope of them bringing him back when Rex mouthed the other day that it's not going to happen.

If it's for a reasonable price (1-2 million), I'd be okay with it, but there's a reason why he's still available. Roto actually just had a post about him [I]still[/I] rehabbing that knee injury. He did so well here because he was able to stretch the field. If's not up to full speed, he's basically Plax without the catching ability.

[QUOTE=ASG0531;4463569]That was 2 years ago. Two years is a lifetime in the NFL. Let it go. Stop jerking off to his highlights and start thinking whether a guy who is [U]still[/U] injured will fit into the new Jets offense.[/QUOTE]

But that's all we have :(

Jets Insider VIP
    I long for the day when this board can put super JAG Braylon Edwards behind them. The problem is this is going to go on for awhile as no one wants to sign this bum.

What have you done for me lately Braylon Edwards................cannot believe all the hate for this guy here on this board.

The NYJETS need to sign him. Often injured Chaz Schillens and the rest of the unproven bunch of WRs arent getting us to the promise land.

[QUOTE=NYJets 4 Life;4463573]Read the first sentence of his post.[/QUOTE]

He's too busy thinking about the other poster jerking off to Braylon highlights...

He's a Pats fan, of course he doesn't want Braylon on our team lol...

Banned
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4463623] The problem is this is going to go on for awhile as no one wants to sign this bum.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, if he had anything left he would have been signed by some team the first day of Free Agency.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4463630]Exactly, if he had anything left he would have been signed by some team the first day of Free Agency.[/QUOTE]

Like Gaffney was :i_dont_kn

Banned
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4463633]Like Gaffney was :i_dont_kn[/QUOTE]

What the hell does Gaffney have to do with Edwards still not being signed?