Although I am sick to death of the Braylon talk, it is unrealistic, albeit the Jets currently say otherwise, to expect Hill to be a legit #2 receiver this year.
If he is healthy, he should be signed.
Not sure why this guy thinks Braylon is still a possibility to return to NY after we used a high #2 on Hill, signed Schilens, etc......but I wouldn't be against it.Five best free-agent wide receivers available
By Gregg Rosenthal NFL.com
Around The League editor
Published: May 8, 2012 at 04:15 p.m.
Updated: May 8, 2012 at 07:06 p.m.
Marc Sessler broke down the best five free-agent running backs available over the weekend. All seventeen of our loyal Around the League readers seemed to like the idea, so let's go to the well once again with a look at the wide receiver position.
Terrell Owens is in the news on Tuesday for other reasons, but he's going to find it hard to get a job with these guys in front of him:
5. Mark Clayton (30 years old): Last with the Rams, Clayton's knee problems remain a huge concern. The former Ravens first-round pick was very productive when healthy in St. Louis in 2010 and runs good routes.
4. Roy Williams (30): Three teams have already given up on Williams. He played in 45 games over the last three years, starting 31. But he didn't top 600 receiving yards in any of those seasons. He can't help on special teams, which is why Williams remains on the open market.
3. Mike Sims-Walker (27): Remember when Sims-Walker looked like one of the rising stars at wide receiver in the league? That was only two years ago and Sims-Walker should just be hitting his prime. He's worth a flier.
2. Plaxico Burress (34): Plaxico can't separate like he used to, but he managed to play all 16 weeks for the Jets last year. His numbers (612 yards, eight touchdowns) were almost identical to Santonio Holmes. Those numbers translate to 800 yards and 10 scores on a team that can actually throw the ball.
1. Braylon Edwards (29): Perhaps Edwards will replace Plaxico in New York. It's where Edwards was at his most consistent as a pro. Edwards gained 904 yards receiving with the Jets in 2010, which has to feel like a long time ago after his injury-ruined 2011 stint with the 49ers.
If we sign Edwards then we get rid of one of the Schillens/Turner/White trio.
I like Braylon, thinks it makes sense.. but too many here have been jizzing off to his Pats highlights to realize who he really is... a solid but not anywhere near elite WR who can maybe help the team... Braylon in his best year with the Jets never cracked 1K yards and had a whopping 7 touchdowns as a part of the 22nd ranked passing offense... Braylon Edwards is not the savior of this offense that some believe.
But it's ok... he Dougied over a Pats defender in primetime and infamously dragged two of them into the EZ in a playoff game 2 years ago. Sign this beast forever.
Shoot, give him an incentive laden contract that includes $2.5 for kicking a Patriot in the face and getting ejected. $5M if it's Brady.
Last edited by ASG0531; 05-09-2012 at 03:17 AM.
People say that Holmes won the Detroit game for us in 2010, but Edwards played just as important a role. The offense did nothing for the entire 1st half.
(1:53 - 2:02)
Remember all those long dry spells for the offense? We get one of those big plays in the middle of one of the games against the Broncos, Giants, or Dolphins and we're in the playoffs last year instead of watching at home.
I pretty much gave up hope of them bringing him back when Rex mouthed the other day that it's not going to happen.
If it's for a reasonable price (1-2 million), I'd be okay with it, but there's a reason why he's still available. Roto actually just had a post about him still rehabbing that knee injury. He did so well here because he was able to stretch the field. If's not up to full speed, he's basically Plax without the catching ability.
I long for the day when this board can put super JAG Braylon Edwards behind them. The problem is this is going to go on for awhile as no one wants to sign this bum.
What have you done for me lately Braylon Edwards................cannot believe all the hate for this guy here on this board.
The NYJETS need to sign him. Often injured Chaz Schillens and the rest of the unproven bunch of WRs arent getting us to the promise land.