Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL.com - The 5 Best Free Agent WRs (Guess who is #1)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4463551][url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828f2f69/article/five-best-freeagent-wide-receivers-available[/url]

Not sure why this guy thinks Braylon is still a possibility to return to NY after we used a high #2 on Hill, signed Schilens, etc......but I wouldn't be against it.[/QUOTE]

Sign Braylon and he will help us win that's why. He's the guy that we should want other receivers to follow as an example when it comes to on the field play. Braylon Blocked great and played full speed every down he was out there. Signing him also adds tremendous top notch talent to our WR depth.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4463567]We just want the dimension that he brought to the offense. Hopefully, Hill will provide that for us.

People say that Holmes won the Detroit game for us in 2010, but Edwards played just as important a role. The offense did [I]nothing[/I] for the entire 1st half.

(1:53 - 2:02)
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETzZRlxS6wU&t=1m53s[/url]

Remember all those long dry spells for the offense? We get one of those big plays in the middle of one of the games against the Broncos, Giants, or Dolphins and we're in the playoffs last year instead of watching at home.[/QUOTE]

This is what was missing last season. Big mistake trying to replace Braylon with Plex.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4463630]Exactly, if he had anything left he would have been signed by some team the first day of Free Agency.[/QUOTE]
    He's still rehabbing.

Of course no one will sign him until he's deemed 100%

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4463702]He's still rehabbing.

Of course no one will sign him until he's deemed 100%[/QUOTE]

This.

Edwards got what, a $1M deal last year for a single season. Now he's hurt. Teams will wait and see how his recovery goes. If he gets back to 100% then you can bet he'll get a deal somewhere....but I don't think it will be with the Jets.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4463637]What the hell does Gaffney have to do with Edwards still not being signed?[/QUOTE]

You're right. It makes about as much sense as a die-hard Patriot fan spending his entire waking life on a Jet fan board.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JB1089;4463567]We just want the dimension that he brought to the offense. Hopefully, Hill will provide that for us.

People say that Holmes won the Detroit game for us in 2010, but Edwards played just as important a role. The offense did [I]nothing[/I] for the entire 1st half.

(1:53 - 2:02)
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETzZRlxS6wU&t=1m53s[/url]

Remember all those long dry spells for the offense? We get one of those big plays in the middle of one of the games against the Broncos, Giants, or Dolphins and we're in the playoffs last year instead of watching at home.[/QUOTE]

Sanchez was money in that video. Thanks for posting. It was a reminder that our young QB has some talent. The kid looked like crap by the end of last season. I don't know if it was mental because he got hit so much or the locker room issues or just Schottys confusing schemes and weak game planning. Either way we get a fresh start this season. Hopefully Sparano's simplified run first system will play to Sanchez strengths better.

Note for the GM: You don't base a ground and pound offense around an injury prone can't catch player like Greene and a bunch of jags. Go get a Running back!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4463637]What the hell does Gaffney have to do with Edwards still not being signed?[/QUOTE]

I thought Gaffney was released in early April... I just remember reading about him being absent from the Skins camp and just assumed...

Relax old fella... It's all good :yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4463800]I thought Gaffney was released in early April... I just remember reading about him being absent from the Skins camp and just assumed...

Relax old fella... It's all good :yes:[/QUOTE]

No problem AGAW.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4463800]
    [B]Relax old fella[/B]... It's all good :yes:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4463805]No problem AGAW.[/QUOTE]
    You're gonna let him get away with that?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4463834]You're gonna let him get away with that?[/QUOTE]

I don't dispute facts, only poor opinions. ;)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4463848]I don't dispute facts, only poor opinions. ;)[/QUOTE]

Here's a fact, TX: none of US want to hear from you regarding OUR team. Why do you stay? You're like a rude dinner guest who insults the host's wife or calls his kids ugly and then doesn't understand why he's being asked to leave.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guys who bashed Braylon Edwards early on used the off the field problems as an excuse not to sign him. They continually ignore what Santonio Holmes is all about. Now they use the hes injured excuse as reason not to sign Braylon Edwards.

The NYJETS were a better team with Braylon Edwards point being 2 AFC Championship games. As soon as Rex,Tanne and Woody realizes the WR corps they currently have isnt good enough Braylon Edwards might get signed IF hes still available.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=regen;4463863]Here's a fact, TX: none of US want to hear from you regarding OUR team. Why do you stay? You're like a rude dinner guest who insults the host's wife or calls his kids ugly and then doesn't understand why he's being asked to leave.[/QUOTE]

I second that motion.

TX all you do is provoke. Get out of here. Just because you're chummy with the mods doesn't mean you are welcome here by most. This forum was a better place without you. Losers like you, who enjoy sh*tting where they eat, tend to make the environment rather polluted.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manfantx flaming. What a big surprise.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think TX and Ray Ray should have a post-off.

Winner stays. Loser goes forever.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=regen;4463763]You're right. It makes about as much sense as a die-hard Patriot fan spending his entire waking life on a Jet fan board.[/QUOTE]

Tx is a closet Jets fan and he'll probably come out of the closet 5 years from now after Brady retires, Belichick succeeds a retiring Coughlin as the new Giants HC, that overrated tall crackhead becomes the mediocre new Pats QB and Sanchez and Rex are winning and Coples is a pro bowler.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;4463551][url]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828f2f69/article/five-best-freeagent-wide-receivers-available[/url]

Not sure why this guy thinks Braylon is still a possibility to return to NY after we used a high #2 on Hill, signed Schilens, etc......but I wouldn't be against it.[/QUOTE]

I'd be quite surprised if the Jets still signed Braylon. Hill has the same exact skill set as Bray but he's much younger and a recent 2nd round pick. Schilens is whatever.

All 5 of those WR's listed suck bawls. Plax is done he might be serviceable as a 3rd WR/endzone threat but he still thinks he's a superstar and blames himself not having this incredible season last yr on Sanchez. Whatever. Hope he enjoys the Arena league.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4463985]Tx is a closet Jets fan and he'll probably come out of the closet 5 years from now after Brady retires, Belichick succeeds a retiring Coughlin as the new Giants HC, that overrated tall crackhead becomes the mediocre new Pats QB and Sanchez and Rex are winning and Coples is a pro bowler.[/QUOTE]
    I believe TX was a Jets fan at one point in his life.

In fact, I heard that his screensaver is a picture of Joe Namath wearing Hanes Beautymist pantyhose. :O

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=detjetsfan;4463992]I'd be quite surprised if the Jets still signed Braylon. Hill has the same exact skill set as Bray but he's much younger and a recent 2nd round pick. Schilens is whatever.

All 5 of those WR's listed suck bawls. Plax is done he might be serviceable as a 3rd WR/endzone threat but he still thinks he's a superstar and blames himself not having this incredible season last yr on Sanchez. Whatever. Hope he enjoys the Arena league.[/QUOTE]
    Burress is healthy.

If he was anywhere NEAR as good as he seems to think he is, he would have been signed a long time ago.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4464006]I believe TX was a Jets fan at one point in his life.

In fact, I heard that his screensaver is a picture of Joe Namath wearing Hanes Beautymist pantyhose. :O[/QUOTE]

Tx probably has season tickets to the Jets. The PSL and everything. I can see him wearing a Brady Pats jersey and going to watch an afternoon Jets-Dolphins game and cheering anytime Matt Moore throws a completion.