Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LL umpire punches coach in face after game in N.J

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOLzzzz - DWC and JR128 threads are the awsum!!!!!:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4465021]Who was it that gave the dissertation on youth sports?[/QUOTE]

No, not DWC, it was Stillborne.

Back on topic, sounds as if the umpire was totally in the right and the coach deserved his ass-kicking.

You know how many of those Legendary Little League coaches are-- beset with narcissistic personality disorder, clearly failures as little league players themselves, sadly trying to replay their youth by becoming meglomaniacal tyrant coaches around 8 years olds, flying off in to wild rants because basically a kid ump MAY have missed a call--like that call was causing the coach to lose his ONE shot at the big time--legendary junior high school coach--only to be demoted to part-time grounds-keeper (without dental coverage).

We've all seen it.

Any report of whether the opposing coach was yelling "GO DICK HEADS!!"?

_

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4465115]No, not DWC, it was Stillborne.

Back on topic, sounds as if the umpire was totally in the right and the coach deserved his ass-kicking.

You know how many of those Legendary Little League coaches are-- beset with narcissistic personality disorder, clearly failures as little league players themselves, sadly trying to replay their youth by becoming meglomaniacal tyrant coaches around 8 years olds, flying off in to wild rants because basically a kid ump MAY have missed a call--like that call was causing the coach to lose his ONE shot at the big time--legendary junior high school coach--only to be demoted to part-time grounds-keeper (without dental coverage).

We've all seen it.

[B]Any report of whether the opposing coach was yelling "GO DICK HEADS!!"?[/B]

_[/QUOTE]

lol

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    My 15 year old Umpires in the LL in our town. I dont hang around if I drop him off or pick him up because I know I will punch some coach's lights out if they look at him the wrong way on a call.

He pretty much told me he was taught by the league to call a broad strike zone with the younger kids to move the games along, but I guess the superstar parents and coaches never get that memo.

Personally, I've seen some dopey umping from kids his age (and prolly my own kid too, but I wont watch him) but I have no patience for parents that try to brow beat these kids.

-

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4465115]

We've all seen it.

Any report of whether the opposing coach was yelling "GO DICK HEADS!!"?

_[/QUOTE]

The umpire himself probably never player LL or was the smelly kid who always pissed his pants on gameday. He was probably venting over being abused as a child. Hes probably a puny punk whos tried all kinds of supplements to grow an inch. I bet he even wears elevated umpire shoes. His lifelong aspiration I bet is to be a lawyer where he can try to get back at all those who ever looked at him the wrong way laughed at him or stole his gf. Its just another case of a person with a little authority on a power trip.

I see it all the time.

The coach took it all in stride it seems bloody face and all. As any good coach with kids around would have done.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;4465124]My 15 year old Umpires in the LL in our town. I dont hang around if I drop him off or pick him up because I know I will punch some coach's lights out if they look at him the wrong way on a call.

He pretty much told me he was taught by the league to call a broad strike zone with the younger kids to move the games along, but I guess the superstar parents and coaches never get that memo.

Personally, I've seen some dopey umping from kids his age (and prolly my own kid too, but I wont watch him) but I have no patience for parents that try to brow beat these kids.

-[/QUOTE]

When my daughter was IDK maybe 14, playing softball in our town league (no outsiders, only town kids and town parents coaching), got hit by a pitch on the toe. She jumped back wincing, genuinely in pain and just stood there, so the ump says--"go take your base".

She had NO idea that if you got HBP, you were awarded first base. So she looks around, sheepishly drops the bat and starts to limp down to 1st base.

This total doosh of a tool of a coach (one of my daughter's best friends FATHER and whose house she had been to 100X) starts screaming "She's faking it, she didn't get hit, what are you talking about balahblahblah!!"

So my daughter's coach, who's a level-headed parent, knowing that this guy is known in the town as a total dick says loud enough for everyone to hear, dripping with sarcasm, "Really, Rich? You really think she knew to fake getting hit by a pitch so we could get a base runner? Really?"

Geez, I hate how some of these coaches and parents are.

_
    Last edited by JStokes; 05-10-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4465144]The umpire himself probably never player LL or was the smelly kid who always pissed his pants on gameday. He was probably venting over being abused as a child. Hes probably a puny punk whos tried all kinds of supplements to grow an inch. I bet he even wears elevated umpire shoes. His lifelong aspiration I bet is to be a lawyer where he can try to get back at all those who ever looked at him the wrong way laughed at him or stole his gf. Its just another case of a person with a little authority on a power trip.

I see it all the time.

The coach took it all in stride it seems bloody face and all. As any good coach with kids around would have done.[/QUOTE]

Well done. Finally.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Peebag;4465071]LOLzzzz - DWC and JR128 threads are the awsum!!!!!:yes:[/QUOTE]

Bring back DorkusWearsClownshoes!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4465038]lol, it was probably him, makes sense[/QUOTE]

I think youre thinking of Stillborne....i mean, Airborne....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4465009]Its actually the mentality of the parents involved in youth sports today,whether it be coaching or sitting in the bleachers.[/QUOTE]

So this is going to be a regular thing with you?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4465506]So this is going to be a regular thing with you?[/QUOTE]

No, it was ironic this story appreared in the local papers after yesterdays LL thread.

Im good as long as you are.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4465511]No, it was ironic this story appreared in the local papers after yesterdays LL thread.

Im good as long as you are.[/QUOTE]

I thought you were gonna be one of these guys who posted about one topic.

Like that cop-hating ex-marine dude or Acepepe and his fascination with Michelle Obama.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4465518]I thought you were gonna be one of these guys who posted about one topic.

Like that cop-hating ex-marine dude or Acepepe and his fascination with Michelle Obama.[/QUOTE]

No no you have me confused with someone else.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4465518]I thought you were gonna be one of these guys who posted about one topic.

Like that cop-hating ex-marine dude or [B]Acepepe and his fascination with Michelle Obama[/B].[/QUOTE]

More specifically, her feet. He loves them and he's not afraid to shout it from the rooftop. Gotta respect that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4465524]More specifically, her feet. He loves them and he's not afraid to shout it from the rooftop. Gotta respect that.[/QUOTE]

That dude creeps me out.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    On the train coming home. The only good looking womn in the car is preggers. W00t boobies!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4465538]That dude creeps me out.[/QUOTE]

Why, you guys are such a tight ideological match....and he's RIPPED! Northeast snobbery, I suppose. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;4465541]On the train coming home. The only good looking womn in the car is preggers. W00t boobies!!![/QUOTE]

leaky nips?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4465144]I bet he even wears elevated umpire shoes. His lifelong aspiration I bet is to be a lawyer where he can try to get back at all those who ever looked at him the wrong way laughed at him or stole his gf. Its just another case of a person with a little authority on a power trip.

I see it all the time.

[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the hampur...

More of this, less of every other post you've ever made.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4465560]Welcome to the hampur...

More of this, less of every other post you've ever made.[/QUOTE]

:yes: ;) :D