Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis Rips Mumbles and Brady(merged)

Undrafted Free Agent

Revis Rips Mumbles and Brady(merged)

[B][/B][B][/B]Full Article from NY POST:

2:37 PM, May 10, 2012 ι By BRIAN COSTELLO

Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis is no fan of Patriots coach Bill Belichick that is clear.

Revis called Belichick a jerk on ESPN last month during a game of word association. Asked Thursday to explain what he meant, Revis went off, calling Belichick ignorant and disrespectful.

Revis said he took particular offense to Belichick's comments after the Patriots 37-16 victory over the Jets last November at MetLife Stadium. The Post reported Belichick said "37 points on the best defense in the league, s--- my d---" as he made his way off the field after the game.

"I have respect for him," Revis said. "Winning is winning, but sometimes things are disrespectful. When you say certain comments about the Jets, some stuff is disrespectful. It's OK to have a rivalry. It's OK to compete. But when it gets personal, you're getting disrespectful. I didn't start this battle. The smart remarks sometimes he say are ignorant. It's ignorant to this organization."

Revis was then asked which quote in particular bothered him.

"The one talking about the best defense they can s-- my all that stuff," Revis said. "That's just ignorant. Why go there? You won fair and square. We shook your hand after the game. We'll see you in New England or wherever in the playoffs. That's OK, but when you start saying stuff like that it gets too personal. You don't have to say that. Did anybody else say anything like that? No, not from our side."

Someone then reminded Revis that fellow cornerback Antonio Cromartie called Brady a derogatory term two years ago.

"Sometimes he [is] on the field," Revis said. "That's him saying his personal opinion about him. If that's how he acts, that's how he acts. He wants throw a touchdown and then point at our sideline, that's disrespect, man. That's not sportsmanship. Do people say words to each other on the field? Oh yeah, but that's in between the lines. When that's getting out of hand, come on. Sportsmanship."

Revis said he meant what he said on ESPN.

"They told me to sum it up in one word. I gave my honest opinion," Revis said. "That's just how I felt and that's how I feel. I feel people let him slide when he says his smart remarks and certain things. He says comments about us like he never coached here because he did. That's how I felt.

"He can take it how he wants and say whatever he wants to say back. Even if he says something back, I'm not going to get into jawing with him. I said what I had to say. He still has to coach. I still have to go out and play."

From TGG ...enjoy
    I did

Revis interview.......

Darrelle Revis was mum on his contract situation today, but what he did want to talk about was perceived disrespect from Patriots head coach Bill Belichick. During the offseason, he called the coach a "jerk" during a televised word association game.

He stood by his words when asked to clarify.

"I feel like people let him slide when he says his smart remarks and certain things and he says comments about us like he never coached here, which he did, and that's how I felt," Revis said. "They told me to sum it up and I gave one word. He can take it however he wants, he can say whatever he wants to say back and even if he says something back I'm not going to get into jarring with him, I said what I had to say, he still has to coach and I still have to go out there and play.

"Sometimes things are disrespectful when you say certain comments about the Jets, some stuff is disrespectful, it's okay to have a rivalry, it's okay to compete but when it gets personal, that's when it gets disrespectful. I didn't start this battle, you know, the smart remarks he says it's ignorant, it's ignorant to this organization."

When asked what specifically Belichick said, Revis pointed to post-game remarks made by the coach last season on the field.

"The one talking about the best defense, they can suck my...all that stuff, that's ignorant, why go there?" Revis said. "You won, fair and square, hey we shok your hand after the game. But when you start saying stuff like that it gets too personal. You don't have to say that, did anyone else say anything like that? No. Not from our side. Bart said his can't wait thing, but he didn't disrespect, he said they felt like they were better than us, he didn't say go suck...do this or do that. It's personal, it's disrespectful."

Revis was reminded about Antonio Cromartie calling Tom Brady an 'ass----' two years ago and how that could be considered disrespectful, too. Revis, though, stood by Cromartie.

"And sometimes he is on the field," Revis said. that's him saying his personal opinon about him, if that's how he acts on the field that's how he acts. he wants to throw a touchdown and point at our sideline, that's disrespect, man, that's not sportsmanship. Now, do people say words on the field to each other? Oh yeah, but when it gets out of hand, come on man. Sportsmanship, sportsmanship."

On his contract situation today, Revis said that he's not sure what he'll end up doing in regards to a holdout. He said he did not believe the Jets approached his representatives yet about a new deal.

"I can't sit here and answer that question, right now I'm here getting prepared for the 2012-2013 season, right now I'm not even thinking about contract situations," he said after being asked if he would hold out. "Everybody knows the situation and they know the deal. Moving forward, whatever happens happens. I can't sit here and say I'm going to hold out or not, that's not my decision, as of right now I'm here, I'm working, trying to get ready for this season."

Revis is halfway through a four-year deal and there are penalties in place with the contract that would attach some serious financial downside to holding out.

When asked if he was happy with his current deal, he said this:

"At the time yes it has, I signed it two years ago and it's a four-year contract," he said. "That's what we agreed on. I'm cool with what was going on, like I said, I can't predict the future. I don't know, I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow, I don't know what will happen two days from now. The only thing I can do is give my all while I'm here."

He stuck by his mantra from 2010 that players should be compensated for how they perform on the field, something he said he didn't need to remind the Jets of after last season.

"I don't need to say that, it speaks for itself," he said. "I don't need to sit here and bring a distraction to this team I'm a part of a 53-man roster."

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Vinny and the rest of the trolls start defending in 10, 9, 8, 7.....

Hall Of Fame
    Much ado about nothing.

Seriously.

Meaningless garbage.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4465024]
    On his contract situation today, Revis said that he's not sure what he'll end up doing in regards to a holdout. He said he did not believe the Jets approached his representatives yet about a new deal.

"I can't sit here and answer that question, right now I'm here getting prepared for the 2012-2013 season, right now I'm not even thinking about contract situations," he said after being asked if he would hold out. "Everybody knows the situation and they know the deal. Moving forward, whatever happens happens. I can't sit here and say I'm going to hold out or not, [B]that's not my decision[/B], as of right now I'm here, I'm working, trying to get ready for this season."

Revis is halfway through a four-year deal and there are penalties in place with the contract that would attach some serious financial downside to holding out.

When asked if he was happy with his current deal, he said this:

"At the time yes it has, I signed it two years ago and it's a four-year contract," he said. "That's what we agreed on. I'm cool with what was going on, like I said, I can't predict the future. I don't know, I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow, I don't know what will happen two days from now. The only thing I can do is give my all while I'm here."

He stuck by his mantra from 2010 that players should be compensated for how they perform on the field, something he said he didn't need to remind the Jets of after last season.

"I don't need to say that, it speaks for itself," he said. "I don't need to sit here and bring a distraction to this team I'm a part of a 53-man roster."[/QUOTE]

This doesn't sound good at all as I'm reading it.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GangGreenAFFLICTION;4465022][B][/B][B][/B]Full Article from NY POST:

2:37 PM, May 10, 2012 ι By BRIAN COSTELLO

Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis is no fan of Patriots coach Bill Belichick that is clear.

Revis called Belichick a jerk on ESPN last month during a game of word association. Asked Thursday to explain what he meant, Revis went off, calling Belichick ignorant and disrespectful.

Revis said he took particular offense to Belichick's comments after the Patriots 37-16 victory over the Jets last November at MetLife Stadium. The Post reported Belichick said "37 points on the best defense in the league, s--- my d---" as he made his way off the field after the game.

"I have respect for him," Revis said. "Winning is winning, but sometimes things are disrespectful. When you say certain comments about the Jets, some stuff is disrespectful. It's OK to have a rivalry. It's OK to compete. But when it gets personal, you're getting disrespectful. I didn't start this battle. The smart remarks sometimes he say are ignorant. It's ignorant to this organization."

Revis was then asked which quote in particular bothered him.

"The one talking about the best defense they can s-- my all that stuff," Revis said. "That's just ignorant. Why go there? You won fair and square. We shook your hand after the game. We'll see you in New England or wherever in the playoffs. That's OK, but when you start saying stuff like that it gets too personal. You don't have to say that. Did anybody else say anything like that? No, not from our side."

Someone then reminded Revis that fellow cornerback Antonio Cromartie called Brady a derogatory term two years ago.

"Sometimes he [is] on the field," Revis said. "That's him saying his personal opinion about him. If that's how he acts, that's how he acts. He wants throw a touchdown and then point at our sideline, that's disrespect, man. That's not sportsmanship. Do people say words to each other on the field? Oh yeah, but that's in between the lines. When that's getting out of hand, come on. Sportsmanship."

Revis said he meant what he said on ESPN.

"They told me to sum it up in one word. I gave my honest opinion," Revis said. "That's just how I felt and that's how I feel. I feel people let him slide when he says his smart remarks and certain things. He says comments about us like he never coached here because he did. That's how I felt.

"He can take it how he wants and say whatever he wants to say back. Even if he says something back, I'm not going to get into jawing with him. I said what I had to say. He still has to coach. I still have to go out and play."

From TGG ...enjoy
    I did[/QUOTE]

No problem with what Revis said at all. And Pats fans shouldn't have a problem with it either. Rex is a big mouth, Belichick is a jerk....facts are facts. Objective people can agree on things like that.

Jets Insider VIP
    So Revis has a problem about other coaches talking smack. Its a good thing he plays for a coach who would never do that.

Belicheat and Brady love to talk smack about jets all the time.. :steamin: They know what they are doing.. Think their SLICK!!!:steamin: Jets are going to smash them up real bad this yr.:cool::D

Jets Insider VIP
    I find the "it's not my decision" line much more interesting.

Whose decision is it, Darrelle?

Just building the rivalry, that's all. It's good when two teams have a healthy and legitimate hatred for one another. More and more, these two teams do. It's not new, but it's building in intensity.

All Pro
    Just one more example of why Revis is awesome. :yes:

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4465069]So Revis has a problem about other coaches talking smack. Its a good thing he plays for a coach who would never do that.[/QUOTE]

yeah right. Love Revis, but they need to keep him off tv/radio, he's just not good at it. it's painful to watch him sometimes. and unnecessary to say things about Brady and Belichick -- the guys who have been beating for years. I know it isn't a huge deal with what he said, but Revis has been doing interviews long enough, he should know when he's getting roped into saying something. Let's just show it on the field. Stop talking.

All Pro
    I hope they get pissed and try to pick on him. I think he is more than up to the challenge.

Not a big deal, I like it, I hope all jets players hate BB, I love when things are not so civil, makes for a more intriguing game.

But the remark that has him so pissed, was not something BB said to the media, or to the Jets as he was walking off the field, he was celebrating with his son, and a reporter over heard him talking to his son in a celebratory manner, and wrote it as BB was taunting the jets. Welcome to the yellow journalism of NY and Boston papers.

If BB said something to a Jets players or coach as he was walking off the field, he would have a point, but this he has no leg to stand on. Especially when you consider who his HC is, who Cromartie is, Bart Scott, etc. Talk about disrespect.

But again, I like the anger and the hate, I hate the prayer circles and hugging teams do after games, give me good old fashion animosity any day.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PETER PAT;4465093]Not a big deal, I like it, I hope all jets players hate BB, I love when things are not so civil, makes for a more intriguing game.

But the remark that has him so pissed, was not something BB said to the media, or to the Jets as he was walking off the field, he was celebrating with his son, and a reporter over heard him talking to his son in a celebratory manner, and wrote it as BB was taunting the jets. Welcome to the yellow journalism of NY and Boston papers.

If BB said something to a Jets players or coach as he was walking off the field, he would have a point, but this he has no leg to stand on. Especially when you consider who his HC is, who Cromartie is, Bart Scott, etc. Talk about disrespect.

But again, I like the anger and the hate, I hate the prayer circles and hugging teams do after games, give me good old fashion animosity any day.[/QUOTE]

F off.

Veteran
    Revis is getting a little sensitive for my taste here...

Dude, you play D and they lit you up for 37 in your house. Your team was talking smack the entire week leading up to the game. You got embarrassed. Your coach said he wasn't here to kiss Belichick's so he offered another option. You don't like it - don't let them score 37 on you...

I challenge ANY jet fan to find one disrespectful comment by BB about the Jets.

That is how Revis is qualifying his "jerk" remark. Based one the things BB says about the Jets. I would love to see one quote where this is the case.

All League
    For the record, BB said this to his son as he walked off the field in what he thought was a private moment. A mediot over heard it, and of course reported it.

Given all the crap he's taken from the Jet and their HC, (you don't think think that the Jets players and coaches said a few unkind things immediately after the playoff win in 2010 that the Pats FO and players might not have liked???) its kind of understandable given the initial moments after a big win, one might say something like that.

Clearly Revis took offense, and I have no problem with it. Except that was last season. GET OVER IT. You played the Pats twice and your defense couldn't keep them under 30 points in two games. Own it Darelle....or do something about it. Stop WHINING about it, like a little girl who was told that Janie said something bad about here in the girls bathroom.

Its not like BB said in a presser. It wasn't personal......and ultimately, what he said was the truth. Just another example that the Jets can dish it out, but they can't take it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4465067]No problem with what Revis said at all. And Pats fans shouldn't have a problem with it either. Rex is a big mouth, Belichick is a jerk....facts are facts. Objective people can agree on things like that.[/QUOTE]

Co-sign on this, perfectly stated

That was mumbles thinking he's getting REVENGE. He thinks he was getting revenge saying those derogatory things when they beat us pretty at Metlife last season.

WHY?

Because it was stuck in his brain about the b*tch slapping he got in his own stadium in the playoffs in 2010. He had been dying to get the Jets back.

But, he'll be as bitter as ever when we b*tch slap the Patsies again. I doubt it will happen this season as we still have some needs that we neglected to fill. But so long as Rex is in NY, he'll get it right. Rex doesn't like to lose and he wants to beat the Patsies more than any other team. Like I said before, I'd put Rex up against BB in a game of X's and O's any day of the week.