Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Revis Rips Mumbles and Brady(merged)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4465121]. Like I said before, I'd put Rex up against BB in a game of X's and O's any day of the week.[/QUOTE]
    I admire your confidence in Rex, MJ......But...what's Rex gonna do when the Jets have the ball....stare blankly on the field. Unlike Rex BB actually knows what's going on in the offense. BB spent 3 years as the Pats QB coach from 001-003

OTOH I think Rex is a more interesting match up on defense, made more interesting because their basic philosophies are so radically different.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4465121]Like I said before, I'd put Rex up against BB in a game of X's and O's any day of the week.[/QUOTE]

What a ridiculous comment. :rolleyes:

Rex doesn't even know the offensive formations, let alone the plays.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=patsfanken;4465109]For the record, BB said this to his son as he walked off the field in what he thought was a private moment. A mediot over heard it, and of course reported it.

Given all the crap he's taken from the Jet and their HC, (you don't think think that the Jets players and coaches said a few unkind things immediately after the playoff win in 2010 that the Pats FO and players might not have liked???) its kind of understandable given the initial moments after a big win, one might say something like that.

Clearly Revis took offense, and I have no problem with it. Except that was last season. GET OVER IT. You played the Pats twice and your defense couldn't keep them under 30 points in two games. Own it Darelle....or do something about it. Stop WHINING about it, like a little girl who was told that Janie said something bad about here in the girls bathroom.

Its not like BB said in a presser. It wasn't personal......and ultimately, what he said was the truth. Just another example that the Jets can dish it out, but they can't take it.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, building the rivalry. You've bought in by comparing Revis to a little girl, and now there will be a fun parade of back and forth in this thread. That's cool.

By the way, I'd venture to say that there are a whole lot of people who aren't Jet fans who think Belichick is a jerk. He's earned that status over the years in countless ways. My personal favorite was the end of the first Giant- Patriot Super Bowl, although "I hereby resign as HC of the NYJ" is a close second. For several female fans that I know, it's his sideline dress code. There's a lot to choose from.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4465121]That was mumbles thinking he's getting REVENGE. He thinks he was getting revenge saying those derogatory things when they beat us pretty at Metlife last season.

WHY?

Because it was stuck in his brain about the b*tch slapping he got in his own stadium in the playoffs in 2010. He had been dying to get the Jets back.

But, he'll be as bitter as ever when we b*tch slap the Patsies again. I doubt it will happen this season as we still have some needs that we neglected to fill. But so long as Rex is in NY, he'll get it right. Rex doesn't like to lose and he wants to beat the Patsies more than any other team. Like I said before, I'd put Rex up against BB in a game of X's and O's any day of the week.[/QUOTE]

I can't cite an example of an X O play etc... But I remember many times, BB outcoaching Rex. IMO, after 3 years head to head I can tell you, for me, after 3 years competing BB is a better coach than REX. until Rex breaks through and at least gets to a SB...how is this even a discussion?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4465132]What a ridiculous comment. :rolleyes:

Rex doesn't even know the offensive formations, let alone the plays.[/QUOTE]

And who won the biggest game they ever coached against each other?:yes:
    Thank you very much

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BRONX JET;4465145]And who won the biggest game they ever coached against each other?:yes:
    Thank you very much[/QUOTE]

:huh:

Are you serious?

Come on.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BRONX JET;4465145]And who won the biggest game they ever coached against each other?
    [/QUOTE]

One fluke game. :rolleyes:

How did things turn out most recently, like last season?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4465150]:huh:

Are you serious?

Come on.[/QUOTE]

Dead serious. Answer the question. Who won the biggest game they coached against each other? Those comments are a direct result of the pain from that game, like it or not

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4465154]One fluke game. :rolleyes:

How did things turn out most recently, like last season?[/QUOTE]

Brady called the Jets playoff game his worst loss ever. Do you think anyone on the Jets feels that way about the 2011 regular season games, painful as they were? :rolleyes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jet Nut;4465048]Vinny and the rest of the trolls start defending in 10, 9, 8, 7.....[/QUOTE]

What's to defend? Mevis has his panties in a bunch over something BB said while walking off the field, [I][I]according to Mevis[/I][/I], although no recording of it exists. In Mevis' world calling out a coach on national TV, twice, is an acceptable tit-for-tat. This, from the same guy who's word, on a legally binding contract no less, is worthless. Oh, but he's just one of 53, right?:rolleyes:

Nope, nothing here at all.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4465163]What's to defend? Mevis has his panties in a bunch over something BB said while walking off the field, [I][I]according to Mevis[/I][/I], although no recording of it exists. In Mevis' world calling out a coach on national TV, twice, is an acceptable tit-for-tat. This, from the same guy who's word, on a legally binding contract no less, is worthless. Oh, but he's just one of 53, right?:rolleyes:

Nope, nothing here at all.[/QUOTE]

Wow, calling out the legally binding contract card. Quite the stretch.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bullitt929;4465160]Brady called the Jets playoff game his worst loss ever. Do you think anyone on the Jets feels that way about the 2011 regular season games, painful as they were? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

If Brady thinks the loss to the Jets in a Division playoff game is worse than the two losses to the Giants in the Super Bowl, he's not thinking straight or he is lying.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The idea of hearing Mumbles say suck my d*** is hilarious

Like his mistress in Park Slope couldnt do that

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bullitt929;4465167]Wow, calling out the legally binding contract card. Quite the stretch.[/QUOTE]

You are a reasoned poster so I'm curious by what you mean that it's quite the stretch? I don't blame players who try to grab all the $$$ they can during their short careers. But to possibly do so a second time, two short years after the team capitulated to your demands, is selfish at best, No? That's why I find the statement, I'm just 1 of 53 a tad disingenuous.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4465168]If Brady thinks the loss to the Jets in a Division playoff game is worse than the two losses to the Giants in the Super Bowl, he's not thinking straight or he is lying.[/QUOTE]

Thomas Edward Patrick Brady, Jr. is as American as George Washington. He cannot tell a lie.

On the other hand, was George thinking straight when he stood up in the front of the boat in the Delaware? I'm going with Brady not thinking straight on this one.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4465168]If Brady thinks the loss to the Jets in a Division playoff game is worse than the two losses to the Giants in the Super Bowl, he's not thinking straight or he is lying.[/QUOTE]

I personally have to think the Indy loss in 2006 AFCC game has to be his worse than all of them, because all the other games, could have gone either way, and they just didn't win, that game was blown, and the Pats would have beat that bears team by 30. (maybe the worse SB team since the 1994 Chargers)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4465163]What's to defend? Mevis has his panties in a bunch over something BB said while walking off the field, [I][I]according to Mevis[/I][/I], although no recording of it exists. In Mevis' world calling out a coach on national TV, twice, is an acceptable tit-for-tat. This, from the same guy who's word, on a legally binding contract no less, is worthless. Oh, but he's just one of 53, right?:rolleyes:

Nope, nothing here at all.[/QUOTE]

...and of course, BB would never welch on a legally binding contract, right?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=freestater;4465196]...and of course, BB would never welch on a legally binding contract, right?[/QUOTE]

Why would BB welch on a contract when it's much easier taking a cool mil from a dying man?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revis seems a little touchy here.

All the trash talk on the field is good stuff. Don't whine about it later, man.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4465177]You are a reasoned poster so I'm curious by what you mean that it's quite the stretch? I don't blame players who try to grab all the $$$ they can during their short careers. But to possibly do so a second time, two short years after the team capitulated to your demands, is selfish at best, No? That's why I find the statement, I'm just 1 of 53 a tad disingenuous.[/QUOTE]

First, my tongue was partially in my cheek in my response to you, as it often is. But not entirely. I think a war of words in the media is a very different animal from contract issues and these two don't comfortably go together in the same argument.

Your issue merits an entirely different thread that could go on for 30 pages. The level of mistrust between labor and management right now is as high as it has ever been, and management has the clear upper hand in contract negotiations because of the absence of guaranteed contracts. What is being done to Matt Forte, for example, is "legal", but in my view it is not right. He could lose the opportunity ever to negotiate a fair long term deal, because if and when he gets out from under the franchise tag, his RB wear and tear level will scare most teams away. Other players, Revis included, see this and take note of it.

We as fans would like all the players on the team we root for to have a "Win one for the Gipper" mentality, but today's NFL bears no resemblance to that fantasy world. Revis is a great football player, but he's made it clear that he's in this for the money. The Seau tragedy only reinforces the reasons to take that approach. Revis hasn't breached his current deal. He has made noises about it, but the Jets protected themselves by negotiating a deal that gives them extra years if Revis holds out. It doesn't make either side a bad guy. It's just business. Besides, breaching a contract isn't immoral---you just have to be prepared to pay the damages.