Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Revis Rips Mumbles and Brady(merged)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4466786]No SB titles, no SB appearances.

So yea, IT WAS PRETTY PHUCKING SWEET.

Not every fan has Tom Brady QBing their team. Heck, even Bledsoe was better than every QB the Jets have had in the past 30 years.[/QUOTE]Hey I agree, I'm sure it was every bit as sweet for Jet fans as it was utterly disappointing for Pats fans. Given the rivalry, given the last game between the 2 teams, given the fact any playoff win is BIG, it had to have been a great feeling for Jet fans....especially the long suffering ones.

It must have been pretty much the best win of the decade....if not the couple of decades (Jet fans can figure out that for themselves). For many years the Pats win IN Miami after 18 straight losses was the high point of my Pats fan experience. The fact that it lifted them to a super bowl appearance was almost secondary.

As painful as that loss was for me, I don't think any Pats fans would or should begrudge any Jet fan the joy of that victory.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bullitt929;4465523]We'll never know, but I think Belichick was gone in any event, because of the uncertainty of Hess and the sale of the team. Kraft offered greater security. Can't bash Belichick for that, even though a lot of people do. Personally, I'm not a Belichick fan because of the cold manner in which he runs the team and the patronizing demeanor that he generally displays. Rex, on the other hand, is disliked by many because of his brash demeanor, almost the polar opposite of Belichick. This chasm of a personality difference further fuels the Patriot/Jet rivalry. Good for the league, good for the media, and good for the fans. It's also great fun to butt heads with Pats fans on this board, and I'm really glad you guys are around.[/QUOTE]

Like hell I can't! That reason is total bullcrap and you know it. Kraft swooped in with a chance to get back at Parcells and offered him total control (what he wouldn't give Parcells thus him leaving them in the first place) behind the Jets back. Bellichick was the coach twice and wasn't the first choice either time. He just got sick of Parcells and got a better deal with the total control he thought he was promised in New York. At that time he didn't exactly have a better track record of winning than Parcells so the Jets didn't trust him. Thing is he acts like he never coached the Jets at any time. His NFL story completely omits any time with the Jets. He hates the JETS and the fans will never forgive him. If he went outside of the AFC east maybe but him screwing the Jets at every turn and sticking their noses in it by running up the score every chance he gets makes the hate stronger. He can't win forever.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=wepnx;4466847] He can't win forever.[/QUOTE]

Why not? :confused:

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;4466863]Why not? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Chariots of the gods. Karma man. Jets are getting theirs. He'll get his.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Not every fan has Tom Brady QBing their team. Heck, even Bledsoe was better than every QB the Jets have had in the past 30 years.[/QUOTE]

And then in typical JETS fashion, REX paid NO FUKKIN attention to offense. we gave up 24 unanswered points to open to the Steelers who we're very beatable.

REX left our future to Shotty.... Rest is history.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Not every fan has Tom Brady QBing their team. [B] Heck, even Bledsoe was better than every QB the Jets have had in the past 30 years[/B].[/QUOTE]

Bledsoe was not better then Favre.. And Bledsoe never had a year like Vinny did in 98.. Of course I'm sure the Kenny O fans would say Ken was better..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=wepnx;4466847]Like hell I can't! That reason is total bullcrap and you know it. Kraft swooped in with a chance to get back at Parcells and offered him total control (what he wouldn't give Parcells thus him leaving them in the first place) behind the Jets back. Bellichick was the coach twice and wasn't the first choice either time. He just got sick of Parcells and got a better deal with the total control he thought he was promised in New York. At that time he didn't exactly have a better track record of winning than Parcells so the Jets didn't trust him. Thing is he acts like he never coached the Jets at any time. His NFL story completely omits any time with the Jets. He hates the JETS and the fans will never forgive him. If he went outside of the AFC east maybe but him screwing the Jets at every turn and sticking their noses in it by running up the score every chance he gets makes the hate stronger. He can't win forever.[/QUOTE]

To quote a Nero Wolfe line, "Faced with omniscience, I bow." I can at best speculate about the motives of Belichick, Kraft, and Parcells, but you know all about them. Your advantage.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4466927]Bledsoe was not better then Favre.. And Bledsoe never had a year like Vinny did in 98.. Of course I'm sure the Kenny O fans would say Ken was better..[/QUOTE]

Savage, spare us. Why nit pick. You get his point. Favre as a JET was a forgetful season. Vinny had ONE exceptional year as a JET.

the fact is we had what.... 6 to 8 qb's at least during Bledsoes NE career.

Bledsoe lasted what 5 or 6 years As a PAT and had above average production.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4466927]Bledsoe was not better then [B]Favre[/B].. And Bledsoe never had a year like [B]Vinny[/B] did in 98.. Of course I'm sure the [B]Kenny O[/B] fans would say Ken was better..[/QUOTE]

1. As a Jet.

2. One year does not make or break a player.

3. Maybe equal as a physical talent. Kenny had some brilliant games. But Bledsoe had more longevity and consistency. Nearly 20K more yards and 120+ more TDs.

Bledsoe was better than Vinny as a Jet and Favre as a Jet. I love Vinny, he has a special place in my memories. '98 is my favorite season since I have been a fan. I still can't watch the replays of the Denver game.

But this is all besides the point. My point was that the Pats fans should thank their lucky stars that Brady fell in their lap. Without him there is no Dynasty*.

Hopefully I live long enough to see the Jets have an immortal QB.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 05-12-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;4466946]

the fact is we had what.... 6 to 8 qb's at least during Bledsoes NE career.

[/QUOTE]

Pats have had 2 QB's for the last 21 years. :eek:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4467065]Pats have had 2 QB's for the last 21 years. :eek:[/QUOTE]

BB is a cheating jerk. can we get back on track people please?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsMakeMeCry;4467070]BB is a cheating jerk. can we get back on track people please?[/QUOTE]

Agreed. And Mevis should hold out again until he's paid what he deserves.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;4467065]Pats have had 2 QB's for the last 21 years. :eek:[/QUOTE]

I would say 3 you have to count Cassel..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GuidoYaztremski;4467117]Agreed. And Mevis should hold out again until he's paid what he deserves.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I could survive another holdout

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsMakeMeCry;4467122]I don't think I could survive another holdout[/QUOTE]

In that case you could change your name to RevisMakesMeCry..:P