Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets RB/KR Joe McKnight has added 15 pounds of muscle this offseason

Jets RB/KR Joe McKnight has added 15 pounds of muscle this offseason

Jets RB/KR Joe McKnight has added 15 pounds of muscle this offseason.

The extra bulk was an offseason goal for McKnight, ostensibly to challenge Shonn Greene for backfield snaps after the Jets failed to add an impact tailback in free agency or the draft. It should be noted, however, that backs don't always improve with added weight. Felix Jones, a recent example, noticeably lost explosiveness.

Source: Jane McManus on Twitter
    He didn't have explosiveness to begin with (out of the backfield, anyway).

Hall Of Fame
    Dude's been lazy since he got here, he probably just got fat.

_

Veteran
    He's suppose to be the fast back isn't he? This seems counter intuitive. Imean, I agree he needs to get stronger and stop fumbling the Damn ball but we need a back that can break it. We have 4 power backs on the roster now.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorJet View Post
    He's suppose to be the fast back isn't he? This seems counter intuitive. Imean, I agree he needs to get stronger and stop fumbling the Damn ball but we need a back that can break it. We have 4 power backs on the roster now.
    5 if you count tebow

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    5 if you count tebow
    Even JM wasn't a speedster. Greene is the only one who's had a long run over the last couple of seasons, and that's at the end of the games when the defense is tired after Thomas Jones ran all over the place. Greene is a closing the game type back. I don't know what McKnight is.

Hall Of Fame
    Glad to see the Jets are turning into body builders.

I am sure they are all going to look hot in their GQ spreads.

Muscle mass in the legs doesn't lead to diminished explosiveness. He'll be fine. He'll still be our change of pace back; this just means he wont be going down when someone looks at him.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Glad to see the Jets are turning into body builders.

I am sure they are all going to look hot in their GQ spreads.
    The linebackers all came in having lost weight to become faster.

....unless you're just trolling for responses; in which case, carry on.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I see the internet nutritionists are all sure that McKnight is now a slow power back.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    I see the internet nutritionists are all sure that McKnight is now a slow power back.
    Not a slow power back. I didn't think he was "explosive" to begin with.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    Dude's been lazy since he got here, he probably just got fat.

_
    He'll vomit it up.

15 pounds of muscle in 3 months! who was he training with? must have been Shawn Merriman, Brian Cushing, and Calvin Pace.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Not a slow power back. I didn't think he was "explosive" to begin with.
    Whether he is or isn't, putting on a couple of lbs, especially from workouts, changes nothing. Unless he trained to gain a burst.

Love how its assumed he sat around eating Krispy Cremes and gained enough weight to ruin his effectiveness.

Then again, I watched him on returns, can't even come close to imagining how someone couldn't see speed in his game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by dameangreenkillingmachine View Post
    15 pounds of muscle in 3 months! who was he training with? must have been Shawn Merriman, Brian Cushing, and Calvin Pace.
    5lbs per month isn't difficult at all, even for an amateur lifter. 2-3 hours a day of lifting, couple extra 100g protein shakes on top of what you're already eating.

he must have gone to Germany with Arod and Kobe, and received that "special" procedure.

seems like a lot of added muscle mass in a short period of time...Maybin only put on what, 8 pounds?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He put on less than 10% of his bodyweight.

Are you guys serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Whether he is or isn't, putting on a couple of lbs, especially from workouts, changes nothing. Unless he trained to gain a burst.

Love how its assumed he sat around eating Krispy Cremes and gained enough weight to ruin his effectiveness.

Then again, I watched him on returns, can't even come close to imagining how someone couldn't see speed in his game.
    Maybe he has good vision on returns, but between his lack of success between the tackles coupled with his inability to consistently hold onto the ball makes him "not explosive" as a tailback. Greene is more explosive than he is, as a running back,

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    5lbs per month isn't difficult at all, even for an amateur lifter. 2-3 hours a day of lifting, couple extra 100g protein shakes on top of what you're already eating.
    I prefer 100g of ice cream/day myself.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Most protein shakes have anywhere from 20 - 45 grams of protein at the most.

If you did happen to find a protein shake with 100gms of protein, I guarantee you, it would be rough as hell on your digestive system.

The rest of your post is pretty accurate though Buzz.

And on that note, I am heading out to the gym myself....talk to you mugs later.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 05-10-2012 at 07:11 PM.