Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quick...Need a Telecommuting Reason for Tomorrow

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=crossfire;4466221]Seriously??? I have never heard of a guy going to a baby shower. My wife didn't even ask me to go to hers. And neither did ex wife for that matter.[/QUOTE]

No man should ever be at a baby shower.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4466325]No man should ever be at a baby shower.[/QUOTE]

What about fruits and Pats* fans? Guess it would be less redundant to say Patsfruits.

All League
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4466354]What about fruits and Pats* fans? Guess it would be less redundant to say Patsfruits.[/QUOTE]

Or more?

Anyways, back in fair New England after my weekend on Lawng Oylind. Observations (in sequential order):

1. If the Russians ever bomb the US, they could do us a favor by wiping out I 95 from say, New Haven to Stamford. Make that whole stretch of road a do-over.

2. Even seen from 10 miles away, the Bronx projects are other-world spooky. Like they belong in that futuristic cartoon movie with the trash compactor and the cockroach.

3. Hewlitt NY is like the movie Ground Hog Day...no matter which direction you drive in, you end up back on Peninsula Blvd.

4. Attending a Jewish baby naming ceremony as a goy...well, it was fast. Give it that. But man, although catered, the food sucked. There's a reason you never see Jewish food at the top of "All Time Favorite Food" lists. Gefilte fish? Pickled herring? Diddled salmon? D00d. Yer eating bait. And even so can't you throw a goy a bone? I'm not asking for a ham sandwich...a Hebrew National dog'd do.

5. Highlight of the weekend: My wife's niece's childhood friend (now closing on 30) who flew up all the way from Miami to attend this obscure religious ritual that lasted all of twenty minutes. A beautiful, intelligent woman of great conviction. A fantastic conversationalist. With amazing cans.

6. The Merritt Parkway in spring when the trees are leafed out is breathtakingly beautiful. Just remember to stay left as you 're approaching on-ramps.

7. It should be against the law to advertise a McDonalds at the next exit if the thing isn't spitting distance from the off-ramp. Three left turns and four miles down the road doesn't cut it. Connecticut ****s me on this all the time.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 05-14-2012 at 12:18 AM.

All League
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;4467398]Or more?

Anyways, back in fair New England after my weekend on Lawng Oylind. Observations (in sequential order):

1. If the Russians ever bomb the US, they could do us a favor by wiping out I 95 from say, New Haven to Stamford. Make that whole stretch of road a do-over.

2. Even seen from 10 miles away, the Bronx projects are other-world spooky. Like they belong in that futuristic cartoon movie with the trash compactor and the cockroach.

3. Hewlitt NY is like the movie Ground Hog Day...no matter which direction you drive in, you end up back on Peninsula Blvd.

4. Attending a Jewish baby naming ceremony as a goy...well, it was fast. Give it that. But man, although catered, the food sucked. There's a reason you never see Jewish food at the top of "All Time Favorite Food" lists. Gefilte fish? Pickled herring? Diddled salmon? D00d. Yer eating bait. And even so can't you throw a goy a bone? I'm not asking for a ham sandwich...a Hebrew National dog'd do.

5. Highlight of the weekend: My wife's niece's childhood friend (now closing on 30) who flew up all the way from Miami to attend this obscure religious ritual that lasted all of twenty minutes. A beautiful, intelligent woman of great conviction. A fantastic conversationalist. With amazing cans.

6. The Merritt Parkway in spring when the trees are leafed out is breathtakingly beautiful. Just remember to stay left as you 're approaching on-ramps.

7. It should be against the law to advertise a McDonalds at the next exit if the thing isn't spitting distance from the off-ramp. Three left turns and four miles down the road doesn't cut it. Connecticut ****s me on this all the time.[/QUOTE]

Never EVER travel on I-95. Worst highway ever. Should have taken the Bridgeport/Port Jefferson ferry to LI.

All Pro

5. Highlight of the weekend: My wife's niece's childhood friend (now closing on 30) who flew up all the way from Miami to attend this obscure religious ritual that lasted all of twenty minutes. A beautiful, intelligent woman of great [B]conviction[/B]. A fantastic conversationalist. With [B]amazing cans.[/B]

7. It should be against the law to advertise a McDonalds at the next exit if the thing isn't spitting distance from the off-ramp. Three left turns and four miles down the road doesn't cut it. Connecticut ****s me on this all the time.[/QUOTE]

What was she convicted of, felonious funbaggery?

All League

5. Highlight of the weekend: My wife's niece's childhood friend (now closing on 30) who flew up all the way from Miami to attend this obscure religious ritual that lasted all of twenty minutes. A beautiful, intelligent woman of great conviction. A fantastic conversationalist. [B]With amazing cans[/B].

[QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4467442]What was she convicted of, felonious funbaggery?[/QUOTE]

Pics or it never happened.

All League
    [QUOTE=Big L;4467451]Pics or it never happened.[/QUOTE]

Do images burned in my brain count? No kidding, this rack was epic. Like a pair of zepplins straining to be free. Kate Upton is a child.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=crossfire;4466221]Seriously??? I have never heard of a guy going to a baby shower. My wife didn't even ask me to go to hers. And neither did ex wife for that matter.[/QUOTE]

Why would your ex-wife invite you to a baby shower?

_

All League
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;4467531]Do images burned in my brain count? No kidding, this rack was epic. Like a pair of zepplins straining to be free. Kate Upton is a child.[/QUOTE]

No, doesn't count. -1.

You mean to tell me not one person was taking pictures before/during/after the event?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

The Jewish rituals with their babies are completely foreign to any non-Jew. I went to a briss for a friend's baby years ago, they passed that thing around on a tray like fried calamari afterwards, an image I never hope to repeat nor will ever forget. :eek:

[QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;4467398]

I find crazy irony here because the busiest McDonald's in the US (I think) is off I 95 N right on the skirt of Darien/Norwalk... And it is literally its own exit :P

All League
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4468453]I find crazy irony here because the busiest McDonald's in the US (I think) is off I 95 N right on the skirt of Darien/Norwalk... And it is literally its own exit :P[/QUOTE]

It's the ones between Hartford and the mass Pike that get me the most. Sign says McDonalds, Next Exit. At the end of the ramp there's a little blue sign that says Food with an arrow that points left. Then a T intersection with another little blue sign that says Food with an arrow that points left. Then another T intersection with another little blue sign that says Food with an arrow that points left. Then a corn field. :confused:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;4468531]It's the ones between Hartford and the mass Pike that get me the most. Sign says McDonalds, Next Exit. At the end of the ramp there's a little blue sign that says Food with an arrow that points left. Then a T intersection with another little blue sign that says Food with an arrow that points left. Then another T intersection with another little blue sign that says Food with an arrow that points left. [B]Then a corn field[/B]. :confused:[/QUOTE]

Corn isn't a food? :confused:

All League
    [QUOTE=brady's a catcher;4468540]Corn isn't a food? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Nice. :D

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4466209]My wife asked me to go with her to her best friends baby shower...

I am dropping her off and getting a new lawnmower...[/QUOTE]

What?
    The only reason you would ever need to be at a baby shower is ONLY if its for your own child. Even then, you are only there to help load the car, that's pretty much it.

All League
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4468453]I find crazy irony here because the busiest McDonald's in the US (I think) is off I 95 N right on the skirt of Darien/Norwalk... [B]And it is literally its own exit [/B]:P[/QUOTE]

They're called rest-stops, and they're all over the highways, usually both north and south/east and west bound.

The ones you speak of on I-95 in Darien I think are demolished and being rebuilt as we speak. Fairfield will be renovated. Milford NB/SB renovations are complete. Branford is scheduled for renovations also.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=jetswin;4468445]The Jewish rituals with their babies are completely foreign to any non-Jew. I went to a briss for a friend's baby years ago, they passed that thing around on a tray like fried calamari afterwards, an image I never hope to repeat nor will ever forget. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Common....that never happens. I've never even seen a foreskin at a bris - even my own....I had my eyes closed. And had been drinking lots of wine.

I've seen a lot of whiskey though (at least at my boys' brises)....I'm sure you could get down with that ritual.

And yous guys have that whole open casket thing. Whats up with that???

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=crasherino;4468931]Common....that never happens. I've never even seen a foreskin at a bris - even my own....I had my eyes closed. And had been drinking lots of wine.

I've seen a lot of whiskey though (at least at my boys' brises)....I'm sure you could get down with that ritual.

And yous guys have that whole open casket thing. Whats up with that???[/QUOTE]

there were two of us there (goyum? is that the right word) and we broke hard for the patio outside and the Jack lol :D

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4468931]

And yous guys have that whole open casket thing. Whats up with that???[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am so done with those. Makes no sense. That's really how you want to remember your dearly departed?

I think not.

_

All League
    I'm fine with open caskets, death can be surreal and the open casket gives it a dose of realism and also offers one last chance of feeling close and connected to the deceased.

And of course viewing is never mandatory.