Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Quick...Need a Telecommuting Reason for Tomorrow

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gunnails;4468949]I'm fine with open caskets, death can be surreal and the open casket gives it a dose of realism and also offers one last chance of feeling close and connected to the deceased.

[B]And of course viewing is never mandatory[/B].[/QUOTE]

I dunno - I've been to several wakes where it seemed that it would be fairly disrespectful to not view the body. You pass your condolences to the family and the casket is right behind them. To put your head down and make a bee line past the body would be unseemly to me.

But maybe I read the situation wrong. I can't say I'm all that knowledgable in the specific customs, so perhaps its perfectly acceptable to opt out of the viewing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;4467398]A beautiful, intelligent woman With amazing cans.

[/QUOTE]

boiled down to the important part. rest is filler.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=quantum;4469007]boiled down to the important part. rest is filler.[/QUOTE]

Not to split hairs but wouldn't the final product be "amazing cans" then?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4468995]I dunno - I've been to several wakes where it seemed that it would be fairly disrespectful to not view the body. You pass your condolences to the family and the casket is right behind them. To put your head down and make a bee line past the body would be unseemly to me.

But maybe I read the situation wrong. I can't say I'm all that knowledgable in the specific customs, so perhaps its perfectly acceptable to opt out of the viewing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's no way you can skirt by without having to look.

It's an old guard deal, I think within the next generation open caskets will be all but gone.

It's an almost incomprehensible tradition.

When my wife passed away, my Mother asked me at the wake, quite honestly, why I didn't have an open casket?

I looked at her like she was a congenital idiot and said "really?"

Given the circumstances, she didn't get my sarcasm.

I mean geezus, my 4 young kids are standing there for 3 hours, that's not the lasting impression I wanted for them.

Or me, for that matter.

_