Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez on Boomer and Carton

Sanchez on Boomer and Carton

Anyone here the interview?

Sanchez equals class. Refused to blame anyone but himself.

Says all the right things.

Loves the Hill pick

Addressed the Tebow and Manning situation with class

Boomer was very impressed.

Any thoughts?

Banned
    I didn't here it.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=copernicus;4465706]Anyone here the interview?

Sanchez equals class. Refused to blame anyone but himself.

Says all the right things.

Loves the Hill pick

Addressed the Tebow and Manning situation with class

Boomer was very impressed.

Any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Thank you my friend.

I didn't hear the interview but seeing what you wrote tells me that Sanchez understands what is happening and I believe is up to the challenge and that despite what his critics have said about him he has been generally class since he has been here.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Mark Sanchez is a great, proven quarterback who was derailed last season by a flawed OL and running game yet still managed to put up career numbers. If the defense holds onto Sanchez-led 4th quarter leads at Oakland and Denver, we make the playoffs and all this ridiculous QB doubt isn't happening right now.

I fully expect him to return to form this year, put all this Tebow nonsense behind us. I heard the interview, great kid.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SAR I;4465710]Mark Sanchez is a great, proven quarterback who was derailed last season by a flawed OL and running game yet still managed to put up career numbers. If the defense holds onto Sanchez-led 4th quarter leads at Oakland and Denver, we make the playoffs and all this ridiculous QB doubt isn't happening right now.

I fully expect him to return to form this year, put all this Tebow nonsense behind us. I heard the interview, great kid.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

this may be one of your finest posts ever, I agree 100%

I didn't hear the interview but I have no doubt Sanchez presented himself well.

I didn't hear it, so I can't really say anything about it. If the Oline gets fixed, Sanchez will go back to his '10 form. If the Oline stays broken, look forward to seeing this:

[IMG]http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1023/nfl_g_sanchez1_sw_400.jpg[/IMG]

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... didn't hear the interview either ... but saw a couple clips of him at TC on ESPN last night ...

... same results ... mark said & did everything right ...

... this is a big year for him to step up on the field as well ... i believe he will :yes::cool: ...

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    And on a side note Tebow changed his dogs name from bronco to bronx.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=jetswin;4465712]
    I didn't hear the interview but I have no doubt Sanchez presented himself well.[/QUOTE]

He did, despite Carton being in full doosh mode.:rolleyes:

Boomer made a big deal about Hunter having his back in the Holmes debacle and Mark went out of his way to praise him and call him a "monster" who is in great shape.

( I just hope we see some improvement from Hunter, or this whole off season is for naught.)

Boomer and Mark seemed to be very excited about Sparano's "Loud" presence in practice and in the classroom.

:yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JohnnyJet;4465717]And on a side note Tebow changed his dogs name from bronco to bronx.[/QUOTE]

Way, way to the side

[QUOTE=SAR I;4465710]Mark Sanchez is a great, proven quarterback who was derailed last season by a flawed OL and running game yet still managed to put up career numbers. If the defense holds onto Sanchez-led 4th quarter leads at Oakland and Denver, we make the playoffs and all this ridiculous QB doubt isn't happening right now.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

+1

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]Mark Sanchez is a great, proven quarterback[/QUOTE]

Kool aid! Isle 3.

Listen, I like Sanchez alot, but there is nothing great about the way he plays qb. Saying Sanchez is a great qb is homerism at its best.

Cant translate it through a post but if you hear the interview online it is obvious that Boomer is very impressed with Sanchez' focus and attitude towards the upcoming season.

Very uplifting

All League

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Maybe not a "great" QB, but everything else you posted is right on, IMO. The O line was the problem last year. Same crap this year unless it gets fixed.

Hall Of Fame
    He sure can do a good interview and take a good picture.

Now if he can only get the football side of things worked out.

:P;):D

Seriously. This team has talked enough in the past 3 years to last a lifetime. Just win baby.

Glad to see Mark is in a good place mentally and physically after last year.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 05-11-2012 at 09:47 AM.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jetswin;4465712]this may be one of your finest posts ever, I agree 100%

I didn't hear the interview but I have no doubt Sanchez presented himself well.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=32green;4465718]He did, despite Carton being in full doosh mode.:rolleyes:

Boomer made a big deal about Hunter having his back in the Holmes debacle and Mark went out of his way to praise him and call him a "monster" who is in great shape.

( I just hope we see some improvement from Hunter, or this whole off season is for naught.)

Boomer and Mark seemed to be very excited about Sparano's "Loud" presence in practice and in the classroom.

:yes:[/QUOTE]

I'm all for football coaches that make a lot of noise, and don't appear to be hipster pseudo intellectuals. Give me some got danged snot!

lol

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4465726]Kool aid! Isle 3.

Listen, I like Sanchez alot, but there is nothing great about the way he plays qb. Saying Sanchez is a great qb is homerism at its best.[/QUOTE]

No he's not great. But he has been improving every year whether people want to accept it or not. Here's the irony of it all-If Sanchez has a season that is on par with Joe Flacco's 4th season last year we will be booing him all the way back to SoCal, yet Flacco is somehow "reasonably" asking for top 5 QB money.

The problem is in NY we want things and we want it now. Patience is not a virtue of a NY fan. Giants fans were about ready to kick Eli to the curb even before last season. Hell, even when you look at Eli's regular season last year it wasn't terribly off from Mark's. 30 total TD's to 20 total turnovers isn't much better than 32 TD's and 26 turnovers. In fact in Eli's 7th season he had 31 TD's to 30 turnovers.

Mark has one flaw that is consistently lower than his counterparts, and that is his completion percentage. He needs to work on that and I'm sure he knows it and I'm sure he is capable of improving on it. When you draft a player as young as he is with so little college experience you have to go into with a long term plan. Expecting him to be top 5 or 10 after year 3 is just plain unrealistic and ignorant.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Lol DWC hacked into SAR's account

[url]http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio/3-boomer-carton/5-11-mark-sanchez/[/url]