Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez on Boomer and Carton

[QUOTE=C Mart;4465749][url]http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio/3-boomer-carton/5-11-mark-sanchez/[/url][/QUOTE]

Thanks CMart

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4465726]Listen, I like Sanchez alot[/QUOTE]

No you do not. You were clearly on the "Start Tebow" bandwagon, and jump at any opportunity to take a $hit on him.

[QUOTE=Snell41;4465744]No he's not great. But he has been improving every year whether people want to accept it or not. Here's the irony of it all-If Sanchez has a season that is on par with Joe Flacco's 4th season last year we will be booing him all the way back to SoCal, yet Flacco is somehow "reasonably" asking for top 5 QB money.

The problem is in NY we want things and we want it now. Patience is not a virtue of a NY fan. Giants fans were about ready to kick Eli to the curb even before last season. Hell, even when you look at Eli's regular season last year it wasn't terribly off from Mark's. 30 total TD's to 20 total turnovers isn't much better than 32 TD's and 26 turnovers. In fact in Eli's 7th season he had 31 TD's to 30 turnovers.

Mark has one flaw that is consistently lower than his counterparts, and that is his completion percentage. He needs to work on that and I'm sure he knows it and I'm sure he is capable of improving on it. When you draft a player as young as he is with so little college experience you have to go into with a long term plan. Expecting him to be top 5 or 10 after year 3 is just plain unrealistic and ignorant.[/QUOTE]

Just an excellent post Snell.

It is the basis of my "sky is falling" posts in regards to supporting Sanchez rather than sabatoging him with questionable moves this offseason.

[QUOTE=32green;4465718]He did, despite Carton being in full doosh mode.:rolleyes:

Boomer made a big deal about Hunter having his back in the Holmes debacle and Mark went out of his way to praise him and call him a "monster" who is in great shape.

( I just hope we see some improvement from Hunter, or this whole off season is for naught.)

Boomer and Mark seemed to be very excited about Sparano's "Loud" presence in practice and in the classroom.

:yes:[/QUOTE]

This

With an extra emphasis on "Boomer and Mark seemed to be very excited about Sparano's "Loud" presence in practice and in the classroom. "

After hearing Sanchez enthusiasm about the hiring of Sparano, I feel more confident with the choice.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4465710]Mark Sanchez is a great, proven quarterback who was derailed last season by a flawed OL and running game yet still managed to put up career numbers. If the defense holds onto Sanchez-led 4th quarter leads at Oakland and Denver, we make the playoffs and all this ridiculous QB doubt isn't happening right now.

I fully expect him to return to form this year, put all this Tebow nonsense behind us. I heard the interview, great kid.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

OUTSTANDING!!!! Agreed.

Although he did have his share of issues. Philly and Miami come to mind.

hard to tell sometimes if its SAR I sarcasm or not.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4465726]Kool aid! Isle 3.

Listen, I like Sanchez alot, but there is nothing great about the way he plays qb. Saying Sanchez is a great qb is homerism at its best.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes:

Nobody is saying he is great in this thread, the potential for Sanchez is STILL there, he still has a high ceiling, still just 25 years old, last year doesn't change anything, all QB's, all players, go through down years, and many times, that down year or period is not always due to the player, but circumstances out of his control.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=McGinley;4465713]I didn't hear it, so I can't really say anything about it. If the Oline gets fixed, Sanchez will go back to his '10 form. If the Oline stays broken, look forward to seeing this:

[IMG]http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1023/nfl_g_sanchez1_sw_400.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

yep with a number 1 oline he can be adequate again but then again so can any JAG QB........:D

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4465730]He sure can do a good interview and take a good picture.

Now if he can only get the football side of things worked out.

:P;):D

[B]Seriously. This team has talked enough in the past 3 years to last a lifetime. Just win baby.[/B]

Glad to see Mark is in a good place mentally and physically after last year.[/QUOTE]

What is this supposed to mean?

We all want the team to win, but this nonsense about how the Jets are only interested in back pages and attention is pure bull****!!!

Sanchez always says the right things, no surprise here.

That said, I would hope some would have an expectation higher than Sanchez returning to 2010 form... statistically he was thoroughly mediocre that year. With this particular surrounding cast, that may not be good enough to get to 11-5. It's definitely not winning a division or securing a bye/home playoff.

'10 Sanchez should be the [I]minimum[/I] level of play expected from him if he's going to continue upward on a path toward being an above-average QB.

[QUOTE=Snell41;4465744]No he's not great. But he has been improving every year whether people want to accept it or not. Here's the irony of it all-If Sanchez has a season that is on par with Joe Flacco's 4th season last year we will be booing him all the way back to SoCal, yet Flacco is somehow "reasonably" asking for top 5 QB money.

The problem is in NY we want things and we want it now. Patience is not a virtue of a NY fan. Giants fans were about ready to kick Eli to the curb even before last season. Hell, even when you look at Eli's regular season last year it wasn't terribly off from Mark's. 30 total TD's to 20 total turnovers isn't much better than 32 TD's and 26 turnovers. In fact in Eli's 7th season he had 31 TD's to 30 turnovers.

Mark has one flaw that is consistently lower than his counterparts, and that is his completion percentage. He needs to work on that and I'm sure he knows it and I'm sure he is capable of improving on it. When you draft a player as young as he is with so little college experience you have to go into with a long term plan. Expecting him to be top 5 or 10 after year 3 is just plain unrealistic and ignorant.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af148/djensen04/applause-1.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://cfot.ca/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/worship.jpg[/IMG]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE]No you do not. You were clearly on the "Start Tebow" bandwagon, and jump at any opportunity to take a $hit on him. [/QUOTE]

Do I think Tebow is a better fit for this offense? Yes. Do I think that musical qbs is going to work? no.

The Jets brought Tebow here so now we have to deal with it. Sanchez is going to play similiar to how he did the last 3 years and that is not good enough to keep tebow off the field.

So yes, I think we should go with tebow out of the gate and not postpone the inevitable.

But that does not mean I dont like Sanchez. Its just under these circumstances, he is the 2nd best qb for what we are looking to do on offense.

[QUOTE=ucrenegade;4465765]yep with a number 1 oline he can be adequate again but then again so can any JAG QB........:D[/QUOTE]

JAG? What does that make timmy then? A QB that can't throw isn't even a JAG

Thanks for all you do, CMart.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=copernicus;4465706]Anyone here the interview?

Sanchez equals class. Refused to blame anyone but himself.

Says all the right things.

Loves the Hill pick

Addressed the Tebow and Manning situation with class

Boomer was very impressed.

[B]Any thoughts[/B]?[/QUOTE]

Well for a teacher you should know it's hear not here.. And Sanchez blames himself and has class.. Rex takes the blame and admits his faults and he's a POS..:cool:

i think the jets would not have traded for tebow if he didn't have the following or the reputation as being a great guy and leader. i think those qualities were more important than a guy who could run the wildcat. i think the jets know they can do only so much with tebow's throwing mechanics and accuracy and that if sanchez doesn't make enough improvement they're going to have to get another traditional pocket qb anyway. that's not to say they'd abandon the run-first mentality. i actually think it's interesting, to play smashmouth football against defenses that are loading up on smallish cbs and olbs who can blitz but are liabilties in the run game.

if tebow were just a typical guy, i think the jets would have used the wildcat with kerley. but given their lockerroom/chemistry/leadership woes, bringing in tebow will have several positive impacts. people like him, he'll take attention away from sanchez (which is exactly what he needs, since the pressure will always be there whether tebow is there or not) and also gives them a legit wildcat option.

Here is the link to the interview

[url]http://nyc.podcast.play.it/media/d0/d0/d1/d0/dH/d8/dT/10H8T_3.MP3[/url]

[QUOTE=SAR I;4465710]Mark Sanchez is a great, proven quarterback who was derailed last season by a flawed OL and running game yet still managed to put up career numbers. If the defense holds onto Sanchez-led 4th quarter leads at Oakland and Denver, we make the playoffs and all this ridiculous QB doubt isn't happening right now.

I fully expect him to return to form this year, put all this Tebow nonsense behind us. I heard the interview, great kid.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

This might just be the best thing I have ever seen you post...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4465772]Do I think Tebow is a better fit for this offense? Yes. [/QUOTE]

You lost what little credibility you had right there.

FACT: Jets offence lacked the vertical game we lost with Braylon. That made the offence suffer overall.

With that said you think a QB like Tebow who has a long delivery, with our suspect OL and looks like hes shot putting the football is a better fit for this offense??

Thank you for participating, try again.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=C Mart;4465749][url]http://newyork.cbslocal.com/audio/3-boomer-carton/5-11-mark-sanchez/[/url][/QUOTE]

Leave it to C Mart to get right to the heart of the matter and post the link. That was a great listen, thanks.

Jets Insider VIP

somebody needs to get paid for their service to this forum

hint, hint......