Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez on Boomer and Carton

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Peebag;4465826]somebody needs to get paid for their service to this forum

hint, hint......[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I should at least get a free VIP membership :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dmitexxi;4465815]You lost what little credibility you had right there.

[B]FACT: Jets offence lacked the vertical game we lost with Braylon. That made the offence suffer overall. [/B]With that said you think a QB like Tebow who has a long delivery, with our suspect OL and looks like hes shot putting the football is a better fit for this offense??

Thank you for participating, try again.[/QUOTE]

In addition Moore coming off surgery and Mangold getting hurt plus the poor play of Hunter and at times brick also led to the O being worse.. And the D had it's worst year under Rex.. It's a team game and Mark made some poor decisions as well but he did post his best numbers as a pro so far.. I'm 100% in Marks corner but it is possible for Tebow to improve as a QB and with McElroy as the 3rd it's the best trio we have had in decades..

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4465829]Thanks. I should at least get a free VIP membership :D[/QUOTE]

And people say I don't like C Mart.. You have my vote for the PHOF..(posters HOF);)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4465834]And people say I don't like C Mart.. You have my vote for the PHOF..(posters HOF);)[/QUOTE]

Savage putting CMart in any type of HOF is a honor...Thanks :D

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just listened to it.

Glad to hear Mark addressing/owning his turnover problems. "Numbers went up, but unfortunately so did the turnovers". (or something to that effect)

When asked about his initial reaction to hearing about the Tebow trade he laughed. I think it was a very telling laugh. I think that means he was pissed. Which I think is a good thing.

Very good interview. All the participants handled themselves well. Fair questions, non-evasive answers. I agree with Boomer are LT leaving a void. People don't realize how much this guy is going to be missed. Sanchez acknowledged that he has to fill that void.

"We needed to go into this season making changes" - Another very telling quote.

BTW, I like how he addressed how he thinks the criticism is fair. He realizes that it comes with the territory. Some of his fanboys should understand this as well.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 05-11-2012 at 10:28 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4465712]this may be one of your finest posts ever, I agree 100%

I didn't hear the interview but I have no doubt Sanchez presented himself well.[/QUOTE]
    Somebody obviously hacked his account.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also liked to hear that Sparano his holding people accountable.

Seems like the players "fear" him a little and that is a good thing.

Nothing wrong with we undressing your players. Just ask Tom Coughlin.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4465740]I'm all for football coaches that make a lot of noise, and don't appear to be hipster pseudo intellectuals. Give me some got danged snot!

lol[/QUOTE]

Shoddy always looked like he was concerned with how he looked on the sideline.

Always sharply dressed (as sharp as can be in football coach's garb).

Had the mock turtle neck thing going on. Everything seemed to be tailor made. Todd Haley seems to be the same way.

Played baseball in HS with a kid like that. I always hated to be on the same field as him.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JohnnyJet;4465717]And on a side note Tebow changed his dogs name from bronco to bronx.[/QUOTE]
    [IMG]http://img2.yardbarker.com/media/2/a/2ac969dbe84887b09e7979719adcd1b59a85c98b/medium/dog.jpg?stamp=1336720624[/IMG]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=C Mart;4465829]Thanks. I should at least get a free VIP membership :D[/QUOTE]
    At the very least, they should hook you up with some hoes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4465864]Also liked to hear that Sparano his holding people accountable.

[B]Nothing wrong with we undressing your players[/B]. Just ask Tom Coughlin.[/QUOTE]

But there is something wrong with that sentence..Also a bit Ghey..:yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;4465869]Shoddy [B]always looked like he was concerned with how he looked on the sideline.[/B]

Always sharply dressed (as sharp as can be in football coach's garb).

Had the mock turtle neck thing going on. Everything seemed to be tailor made. [B]Todd Haley seems to be the same way.[/B]

Played baseball in HS with a kid like that. I always hated to be on the same field as him.[/QUOTE]

:eek: Say wha? Between the salted hat and homeless beard, I don't know where you get that from... does this look like a man who cares what he looks like on the sideline?

[IMG]http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/5901/toddhaleyfu.gif[/IMG]
    Last edited by ASG0531; 05-11-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=augustiniak;4465799]i think the jets would not have traded for tebow if he didn't have the following or the reputation as being a great guy and leader. i think those qualities were more important than a guy who could run the wildcat. i think the jets know they can do only so much with tebow's throwing mechanics and accuracy and that if sanchez doesn't make enough improvement they're going to have to get another traditional pocket qb anyway. that's not to say they'd abandon the run-first mentality. i actually think it's interesting, to play smashmouth football against defenses that are loading up on smallish cbs and olbs who can blitz but are liabilties in the run game.

if tebow were just a typical guy, i think the jets would have used the wildcat with kerley. but given their lockerroom/chemistry/leadership woes, bringing in tebow will have several positive impacts. people like him, he'll take attention away from sanchez (which is exactly what he needs, since the pressure will always be there whether tebow is there or not) and also gives them a legit wildcat option.[/QUOTE]

Great Post!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE]You lost what little credibility you had right there.

FACT: Jets offence lacked the vertical game we lost with Braylon. That made the offence suffer overall.

With that said you think a QB like Tebow who has a long delivery, with our suspect OL and looks like hes shot putting the football is a better fit for this offense??

Thank you for participating, try again.[/QUOTE]

Tebow is tailor made for a Tony Sparano offense. Its not even a debatable topic.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4465710][B]Mark Sanchez is a great, proven quarterback [/B]who was derailed last season by a flawed OL and running game yet still managed to put up career numbers. If the defense holds onto Sanchez-led 4th quarter leads at Oakland and Denver, we make the playoffs and all this ridiculous QB doubt isn't happening right now.

I fully expect him to return to form this year, put all this Tebow nonsense behind us. I heard the interview, great kid.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Considering the Jets tried to trade to #2 in the draft, tried to get Manning, and did trade for Tebow and are giving him snaps...

Don't you think the bolded is a bit strong?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Saying the right things has never been Sanchez' problem.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4465710]Mark Sanchez is a great, proven quarterback who was derailed last season by a flawed OL and running game yet still managed to put up career numbers. If the defense holds onto Sanchez-led 4th quarter leads at Oakland and Denver, we make the playoffs and all this ridiculous QB doubt isn't happening right now.

I fully expect him to return to form this year, put all this Tebow nonsense behind us. I heard the interview, great kid.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

LOL

You're starting to sound like the Pennington homers from 5-6 years ago, who you constantly chastised at every chance.

You can sit here and say that Sanchez had a sh*tty OL (which still sent 3 players to the pro-bowl) or that he didn't have an ideal receiving corps all you want.

The bottom line is the kid is one of the most erratic starting QB's in the NFL and was still making head scratching, bone headed rookie mistakes at the end of his 3rd year. What the hell does the OL, Schotty, or the receivers have to do with Sanchez lobbing the ball directly into the chest of a 300 lb DL not once, but twice in the last game of the season to erase any chance we had at making the playoffs?

If Sanchez is always going to need a Top 5 defense, O-Line, and running game around him just to perform at a halfway decent level, then he's not a franchise QB. Period.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4465877]But there is something wrong with that sentence..Also a bit Ghey..:yes:[/QUOTE]

I don't know how the "we" got in there. Not Freudian, likely just a cut/delete error I made.

To "undress" someone is to embarrass them.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;4465951]
    If Sanchez is always going to need a Top 5 defense, O-Line, and running game around him just to perform at a halfway decent level, then he's not a franchise QB. Period.[/QUOTE]

As much as I want him to succeed, I agree.

Go Jets. :O

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4465864]Also liked to hear that Sparano his [B]holding people accountable.[/B]

Nothing wrong with we undressing your players. Just ask Tom Coughlin.[/QUOTE]
    Good news. Sounds like he will have the pulse of the offense just in case someone else doesn't.