Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jets turn down Hard Knocks

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=ComfortablyNumb;4465810]Not the year for this. As a selfish fan I want it. But my better senses tell me it's bad for the team. This is a good thing.[/QUOTE]

+1 Loved when we were on 2 years ago....and as much as I would love to watch them on Hard Knocks again, it's more important for Rex to get this team ready for the season.

Winning Games >>> Winning Ratings

Sent from my LG-P999

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Astoria;4466479] A big TY to Rex and Tannenbaum and probably Sparano and maybe "the Indian dude" for forcing the team to focus on football.

[/QUOTE]

... :clapper: ... LONG LIVE THE INDIAN DUDE!!! ... :clapper: ...

l_j_r

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PaPZ187;4466701]+1 Loved when we were on 2 years ago....and as much as I would love to watch them on Hard Knocks again, it's more important for Rex to get this team ready for the season.

Winning Games >>> Winning Ratings

Sent from my LG-P999[/QUOTE]

Dont tell that to Woody.....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    And now it's a possibility again...

[URL="http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-05-19/new-york-jets-hard-knocks-hbo-general-manager-2010"]http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-05-19/new-york-jets-hard-knocks-hbo-general-manager-2010[/URL]

[I] The New York Jets continue to sound open to a “Hard Knocks” sequel, but general manager Mike Tannenbaum says they still haven’t received a proposal from HBO.

The Jets received rave reviews for their appearance on Hard Knocks in 2010, leading to much speculation that they would be the choice again this year.

The New York Daily News reported last week that the Jets would not return to the show, but the team continues to deny any decision has been made. And now, Tannenbaum says they haven't even been appraoched by HBO.

“(It) has not been offered to us, so right now we’re on the sidelines and we don’t know who’s going to be asked at the end of the day,” Tannenbaum said during an appearance on PFT Live. “But what I can say is NFL Films, HBO Sports, they all did a great job. It was a great experience for us, it was good for our organization. I think those organizations are real pros, and it was a good experience for us.”

Tannenbaum didn’t go so far as to say the team would accept an offer if it came. “I know there’s been speculation out there, so it was a great experience for us two years ago and, as we’ve said, if that was something that ever came down the pipe again, we would consider it but that’s not where we’re at as of right now,” he said.

With ultra-candid coach Rex Ryan and the juicy subplots involving Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez, it seems like a no-brainer for HBO to make the offer. [/I]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mike135;4474787]And now it's a possibility again...

[URL="http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-05-19/new-york-jets-hard-knocks-hbo-general-manager-2010"]http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-05-19/new-york-jets-hard-knocks-hbo-general-manager-2010[/URL]

[I] The New York Jets continue to sound open to a “Hard Knocks” sequel, but general manager Mike Tannenbaum says they still haven’t received a proposal from HBO.

The Jets received rave reviews for their appearance on Hard Knocks in 2010, leading to much speculation that they would be the choice again this year.

The New York Daily News reported last week that the Jets would not return to the show, but the team continues to deny any decision has been made. And now, Tannenbaum says they haven't even been appraoched by HBO.

“(It) has not been offered to us, so right now we’re on the sidelines and we don’t know who’s going to be asked at the end of the day,” Tannenbaum said during an appearance on PFT Live. “But what I can say is NFL Films, HBO Sports, they all did a great job. It was a great experience for us, it was good for our organization. I think those organizations are real pros, and it was a good experience for us.”

Tannenbaum didn’t go so far as to say the team would accept an offer if it came. “I know there’s been speculation out there, so it was a great experience for us two years ago and, as we’ve said, if that was something that ever came down the pipe again, we would consider it but that’s not where we’re at as of right now,” he said.

With ultra-candid coach Rex Ryan and the juicy subplots involving Tim Tebow and Mark Sanchez, it seems like a no-brainer for HBO to make the offer. [/I][/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="3"]This!!!!!![/SIZE][/B]

I really hope that this is just another article trying to whip up controversy. I really do...

Unfortunately with the Jets the facts far to ofetn then not speak for themselves. This is just my opinion.

The Jets act and conduct themselves like they are a dumb franchise. The fact is no WINNING SB franchise over the last fifty years have operated with this kind of circus surrounding, (i.e foolish rumors) the team other than the Raiders.

I know, I know before the usual appologist come out and say "we don't have to be like anyone else, we are the NYJ!!"

My response to that is so what? Who cares? Are the Jets a perienial SB winning franchise or something?

Isn't the goal to win a SB and if that be the case then maybe the Jets a team that hasn't even been to a SB in last forty years needs to do the things and sow the same seeds that winning teams do plant to win it all.

Paraphrasing Vince Lombardi "Success isn't a sometimes thing its an all the time thing." And again my opinion the jets need that type of focus that Lombardi refers to to indeed win it all.

To me it is simple a team that hasn't won anything needs to focus all of its efforts on winning not TV shows etc.

This is New York City and its sister state NJ where you don't have to go looking for distractions they come looking for you!!!

Please let it just be the result of a slow news day.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lamont_jordan_rules;4467432]... :clapper: ... LONG LIVE THE INDIAN DUDE!!! ... :clapper: ...

l_j_r[/QUOTE]
    The India dude is cool! Wonder whatever happened to that shark dude poster who started it all.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FijiJet;4474837]The India dude is cool! Wonder whatever happened to that shark dude poster who started it all.[/QUOTE]
    He's been back after a relatively short ban.

I think he's moved on to asia people.