Thread: How many hope the NFl refs don't settle

How many hope the NFl refs don't settle

and the NFl brings in young refs(scabs) that can handle the pace of the game. Lets face facts the officiating in the NFl has been real bad in the Nfl, the last couple of years.

I don't care what team you root for, I don't know a fan base who happy with the Refs in the NFl. Too many times those guys are the story and that shouldn't be the thing any league should want to subscribe to.

So Roger Goodell stop trying to make this touch football and worry about putting young competent refs out there that can handle the pace of today's game.

Having less experienced referees almost guarantees MORE controversies not LESS. It would not be good for the game.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=lageman4ever;4465931]Having less experienced referees almost guarantees MORE controversies not LESS. It would not be good for the game.[/QUOTE]

[B]THIS!!!!!!![/B]

[QUOTE=lageman4ever;4465931]Having less experienced referees almost guarantees MORE controversies not LESS. It would not be good for the game.[/QUOTE]

Yup, what makes anyone think that bringing in guys from college or the CFL or Arena League or wherever scabs came from would lead to better officiating? I love college football and watch more college football a weekend than NFL football and the officiating in college is horrendous in comparison to the NFL.

I remember watching a game between cuse and toledo this past year where the officials on the field ruled a late PAT attempt good that was clearly wide left. They went to video replay and somehow they also determined that the kick was good. That kick ended up costing Toledo the game.

Stuff like this happens all the time in college.

You may not like NFL officials but they are the best we got.

[QUOTE=revischrist;4465946]Yup, what makes anyone think that bringing in guys from college or the CFL or Arena League or wherever scabs came from would lead to better officiating? I love college football and watch more college football a weekend than NFL football and the officiating in college is horrendous in comparison to the NFL.

I remember watching a game between cuse and toledo this past year where the officials on the field ruled a late PAT attempt good that was clearly wide left. They went to video replay and somehow they also determined that the kick was good. That kick ended up costing Toledo the game.

Stuff like this happens all the time in college.

You may not like NFL officials but they are the best we got.[/QUOTE]

First off there is a little difference between how many college games that there are played every saturday and how many Pro games on Sunday.
    There is a way smaller pool that is needed.

So your telling me the NFL(make those positions fulltime) can't recruit the best of the best from college. They can't train young guys (best from college) to come up with the best candidates to fill out a competent NFl ref staff. Some of these experience Refs are real old who have trouble keeping up with the speed of the game.
    Everyone Loves their Grandparents but I don't think you want them refree a football game.

Finally do the right thing Roger. Fire all these Refs and lets get young competent refs that will make this game even better than what it is today.

Case In Point. Kevin Boothe of the Giants pancakes Vince Wilfork. That Vince Wilfork(he had to hold) and throws a bogus holding penalty. Vince wilfork tells the refs that wasn't a hold. Stuff like that makes the league look very bad. These are game changing plays that can change the outcome of a game.
    Last edited by Raider9175; 05-11-2012 at 12:10 PM.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar

No doubt

[QUOTE=Raider9175;4465961]First off there is a little difference between how many college games that there are played every saturday and how many Pro games on Sunday.
    There is a way smaller pool that is needed.

So your telling me the NFL(make those positions fulltime) can't recruit the best of the best from college. They can't train young guys (best from college) to come up with the best candidates to fill out a competent NFl ref staff. Some of these experience Refs are real old who have trouble keeping up with the speed of the game.
    Everyone Loves their Grandparents but I don't think you want them refree a football game.

Finally do the right thing Roger. Fire all these Refs and lets get young competent refs that will make this game even better than what it is today.

Case In Point. Kevin Boothe of the Giants pancakes Vince Wilfork. That Vince Wilfork(he had to hold) and throws a bogus holding penalty. Vince wilfork tells the refs that wasn't a hold. Stuff like that makes the league look very bad. These are game changing plays that can change the outcome of a game.[/QUOTE]

It's a better plan to just carefully evaluate each ref's performance every season. Those that do poorly get let go. They will be replaced with highly respected college referees.

Don't force out all the great refs who do a competent job (the ones you rarely hear about - otherwise known as the ones doing a good job).

Hall Of Fame
    I might also be of the same opinion... if my team was by far the most penalized team in the league's history

Hall Of Fame
    Think more.

Post less.

_

All Pro
    Having less experienced officiating should help:rolleyes:.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4466039]I might also be of the same opinion... if my team was by far the most penalized team in the league's history[/QUOTE]

Zing!

[QUOTE=JStokes;4466045]Think more.

Post less.

_[/QUOTE]

Cmon, he hasn't been bad at all lately.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Dimitri_0515;4466207]Cmon, he hasn't been bad at all lately.[/QUOTE]

Even DiMaggio slumped occassionally. But he always got back on track.